Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
Trump's Tweets
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next

What do you think about Trump's tweets?
They're very disturbing  
 33%  [ 56 ]
They're a genius way of manipulating the media  
 6%  [ 11 ]
They're hilarious  
 8%  [ 15 ]
I love that he says exactly what he's thinking  
 8%  [ 14 ]
He says the things I've always believed  
 2%  [ 4 ]
They bother me but I put up with it for the sake of all the good stuff he does  
 2%  [ 5 ]
I don't pay attention to his tweets  
 29%  [ 50 ]
I don't care one way or the other  
 8%  [ 14 ]
Total Votes : 169

anon for this

Post Tue, Jun 06 2017, 2:24 pm
QueenBee3 wrote:
Krauthammer truly does show unbiased perspective.

In a recent editorial, Krauthammer described Trump's dismissal of Comey as "mindlessly impulsive" and called Trump's behavior "deeply disturbing". Krauthammer describes Trump himself as "volatile and impulsive".

https://www.washingtonpost.com.....0871f

Do you agree with this assessment as well?

Last edited by anon for this on Tue, Jun 06 2017, 2:28 pm; edited 1 time in total

Blue jay

Post Tue, Jun 06 2017, 2:27 pm
anon for this wrote:
In a recent editorial, Krauthammer described Trump's dismissal of Comey as "mindlessly impulsive" and called Trump's behavior "deeply disturbing". Krauthammer describes Trump himself as "volatile and impulsive".

https://www.washingtonpost.com.....0871f

Do you agree with this assessment as well?

I dont agree with Krauthammer on everything. Comey did have to go... ( just my opinion)

Blue jay

Post Tue, Jun 06 2017, 2:28 pm
Krauthammer also disagreed on the immigration ban implementation.

I agreed with him on that point.

allthingsblue

Post Tue, Jun 06 2017, 2:30 pm
I've decided that trump supporters have their heads in the clouds. Kinda like the man himself.

Blue jay

Post Tue, Jun 06 2017, 2:34 pm
allthingsblue wrote:
I've decided that trump supporters have their heads in the clouds. Kinda like the man himself.

Talk is cheap.
You democrats seem to be doing alot of it.
So while you continue to read the Twitter feed. I will continue to
read articles that show results and such. ( I shared them earlier... but Jeanette failed to comment)

Jeanette

Post Tue, Jun 06 2017, 2:38 pm
allthingsblue wrote:

Head in the clouds is waaaY too complimentary to trump. It assumes good intentions. As to Trump supporters I'm not quite sure where their heads are.

allthingsblue

Post Tue, Jun 06 2017, 2:40 pm
QueenBee3 wrote:
Talk is cheap.
read articles that show results and such. ( I shared them earlier... but Jeanette failed to comment)

I'm not a democrat. Far from it. I have strong conservative leanings. But trump is a whole different ballgame and does not reflect my values one iota. It's strange to me how you can insist, "don't look at what the man himself is saying. Instead, read articles that speculate about him and his policies." (No, you didn't say those exact words, but that's in essence what you said.)
Please tell me, how is an article that someone else wrote more informative about his agenda than what HE HIMSELF writes (or dictates)?
It's just crazy to me that you can simply disregard his tweets!!!

Jeanette

Post Tue, Jun 06 2017, 2:41 pm
QueenBee3 wrote:
Talk is cheap.

You're quoting opinion pieces by Charles Krauthammer, not news stories. While selectively ignoring krauthammer articles that are critical of Trump.

anon for this

Post Tue, Jun 06 2017, 2:41 pm
QueenBee3 wrote:
I dont agree with Krauthammer on everything. Comey did have to go... ( just my opinion)

Thanks for your response. I've read some of Krauthammer's columns and was surprised to see you cite him. Not so much because he disagrees with some of Trump's actions as president, but because of how he describes Trump's character: impulsive, mercurial, and a charlatan. Do you agree with his assessment of Trump's personality? Or are you citing him as a columnist/ commentator who agrees with some of Trump's actions?

(I'm not intending to be rude or snarky in posting this, just interested in your answer)

Fox

Post Tue, Jun 06 2017, 2:46 pm
I have difficulty understanding why anyone who values transparency in government is unhappy with the new model of social media engagement that Trump has pioneered.

The downside, of course, is that his tweets are off-the-cuff and represent an immediate reaction rather than thought-out policy. Okay, I can live with a new paradigm. Whatever eventual actions he takes, I don't have to wonder what Trump is really thinking.

I also like seeing his daily schedule in my Facebook feed every morning. I know who he's meeting with and sometimes what he plans to discuss. Whether you generally support Trump's agenda or not, I think there's greater engagement when citizens receive direct communication.

The biggest complaint I've heard is that the tweets aren't "Presidential." Well, who died and left any of us in charge of what is or isn't appropriate for a President to do? Obama's pick-up basketball games were considered a charming common touch. Clinton's saxophone performance on SNL was lauded as breaking down artificial barriers. At some point -- I don't remember when -- it became acceptable for presidential candidates to appear on late-night talk shows. JFK declined to wear a hat at his inaugural parade. Theodore Roosevelt demeaned the office by riding in an automobile.

Do I groan when I read some of his tweets? Well, of course! But that's the nature of the medium. I also groan when people post too many pictures of their kids or pretend to talk for their pets. Being even a bystander on social media involves a lot of groaning.

Given the incredibly secretive nature of the Obama WH, I'm happy for any communication whatsoever. Whether you love Trump, hate Trump, or fall somewhere in between, it's usually better to know more about our government than less.

sequoia

Post Tue, Jun 06 2017, 2:48 pm
Pretend?

SixOfWands

Post Tue, Jun 06 2017, 2:50 pm
QueenBee3 wrote:
http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2017/05/04/health-care-bill-passes-in-house-trump-and-gop-finally-come-together.html

one step closer!

The CBA estimates that this plan will leave 23 million more Americans without insurance in a decade. They also conclude that in many states, insurance costs could soar for consumers who are sick or have pre-existing conditions (while premiums would fall for the healthy).

It would change Medicaid to block grants, and slash payments.

Do you really think its a good plan?

Fox

Post Tue, Jun 06 2017, 2:51 pm
sequoia wrote:
Pretend?

I make exceptions for you and Karl Lagerfeld. Though it's hard to imagine Choupette with a German accent.

Blue jay

Post Tue, Jun 06 2017, 2:55 pm
anon for this wrote:
Thanks for your response. I've read some of Krauthammer's columns and was surprised to see you cite him. Not so much because he disagrees with some of Trump's actions as president, but because of how he describes Trump's character: impulsive, mercurial, and a charlatan. Do you agree with his assessment of Trump's personality? Or are you citing him as a columnist/ commentator who agrees with some of Trump's actions?

(I'm not intending to be rude or snarky in posting this, just interested in your answer)

I agree with him as a commentator. on Trumps actions some of the time If he calls Trump impulsive etc. Well I agree on some of those points too! Yes please people! Criticize Trump! Thats what makes this country so unique and beautiful!
We can disagree!

I like Trump and at the same time I have the right to criticiize him too. I don't want to read commentators who are all Pro Trump all the time. I really like the ones who are unbiased. Really like Peggy Noonan too!

Thank you for your question for clarification.

MagentaYenta

Post Tue, Jun 06 2017, 3:02 pm
IMHopinion wrote:
Truth is, he's the first president in the position of tweeting.
When previous presidents came into office, it was hardly popular if even around.

Not true. President Obama had a twitter account and tweeted rather sparingly. He also gave up his blackberry in the interest of national security. President Trump continues to use an unencrypted unsecure cell phone. He passed the number around during his recent trip.

Please don't lie to advance your position. It reflects poorly upon you.

SixOfWands

Post Tue, Jun 06 2017, 3:03 pm
Fox wrote:
I have difficulty understanding why anyone who values transparency in government is unhappy with the new model of social media engagement that Trump has pioneered.

The downside, of course, is that his tweets are off-the-cuff and represent an immediate reaction rather than thought-out policy. Okay, I can live with a new paradigm. Whatever eventual actions he takes, I don't have to wonder what Trump is really thinking.

SNIPPED

My problem isn't that a president uses social media.

My problems include:

(1) That his tweets are often factually incorrect.

(2) He is using social media to attempt to de-legitimize the press, in an effort to make it appear to many of his followers that he is the only accurate source of information. But see (1).

(3) No president should be engaging in a twitter war. Twitter wars are ridiculous when they involve pop stars; they're embarrassing when they involve politicians.

He even undercuts himself. He just tweeted about the "travel ban" after months of legal argument that its not a "travel ban."

Edited because typos made me sound like an idiot.

Last edited by SixOfWands on Tue, Jun 06 2017, 3:23 pm; edited 1 time in total

anon for this

Post Tue, Jun 06 2017, 3:12 pm
QueenBee3 wrote:
I agree with him as a commentator. on Trumps actions some of the time If he calls Trump impulsive etc. Well I agree on some of those points too! Yes please people! Criticize Trump! Thats what makes this country so unique and beautiful!
We can disagree!

I like Trump and at the same time I have the right to criticiize him too. I don't want to read commentators who are all Pro Trump all the time. I really like the ones who are unbiased. Really like Peggy Noonan too!

Thank you for your question for clarification.

Thanks for explaining. I would have a difficult time supporting a president who I believed was untrustworthy and whose administration was insane and incoherent. Even if I agreed with his policy goals, I'd be concerned that someone like that does not have the character and temperament to lead the country safely and effectively. It's enlightening for me to hear the opinions of posters who believe that character and temperament are less important than policy, so I appreciate your response.

PinkFridge

Post Tue, Jun 06 2017, 3:23 pm
SixOfWands wrote:
After all, after tweeting about the London terrorist attacks, he played golf.

After reading Julie Hyzy's books, I'm much more dlkz about presidential vacations and golf outings. She has a mystery series about a White House chef and more than once the president had to go on vacation, or a staged vacation, for security reasons.
So maybe life imitates art, and vv Wink

PinkFridge

Post Tue, Jun 06 2017, 3:30 pm
Fox wrote:

The biggest complaint I've heard is that the tweets aren't "Presidential." Well, who died and left any of us in charge of what is or isn't appropriate for a President to do? Obama's pick-up basketball games were considered a charming common touch. Clinton's saxophone performance on SNL was lauded as breaking down artificial barriers. At some point -- I don't remember when -- it became acceptable for presidential candidates to appear on late-night talk shows. JFK declined to wear a hat at his inaugural parade. Theodore Roosevelt demeaned the office by riding in an automobile.

Do I groan when I read some of his tweets? Well, of course! But that's the nature of the medium. I also groan when people post too many pictures of their kids or pretend to talk for their pets. Being even a bystander on social media involves a lot of groaning.

Given the incredibly secretive nature of the Obama WH, I'm happy for any communication whatsoever. Whether you love Trump, hate Trump, or fall somewhere in between, it's usually better to know more about our government than less.

The thing about Clinton and some of your other examples is, if you're going to do it, do it well.
I wish there were more dignity and people would behave in a way I felt was more presidential. (It's possible I would have found JFK going hatless disconcerting.) So it would be nice that if a president does use Twitter, her/his spelling should be ok, s/he should use minimal shorthand, and s/he should be coherent. I haven't seen all of Trump's twitters so am not pointing to anything in particular.

SixOfWands

Post Tue, Jun 06 2017, 3:34 pm
PinkFridge wrote:
After reading Julie Hyzy's books, I'm much more dlkz about presidential vacations and golf outings. She has a mystery series about a White House chef and more than once the president had to go on vacation, or a staged vacation, for security reasons.
So maybe life imitates art, and vv Wink

Unless Peyton Manning is really a CIA agent, unlikely.

I don't begrudge Trump a few hours on the golf course, particularly when its local. He clearly needs the exercise. I just find it amusing, given how frequently he complained about Obama playing golf. And particularly in light of what had just happened in London.
Page 4 of 7   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next Recent Topics