Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
The king who had no clothes... Do you remember it?
Previous  1  2

studying_torah

Post Thu, Jun 15 2017, 7:10 pm
So what was the moral of that story,I never understood it, even though some teachers loved to use it in a mussar shmooze. 😶

zaq

Post Thu, Jun 15 2017, 8:10 pm
Moral is that a clever liar can convince a willing audience of anything, and social pressure will cause people to deny the truth and accept the most obvious lies from their leaders.

A fitting tale for our times, considering the outrageous and obvious lies our head of state spouts daily.

Last edited by zaq on Thu, Jun 15 2017, 8:12 pm; edited 1 time in total

MagentaYenta

Post Thu, Jun 15 2017, 8:11 pm
zaq wrote:
Moral is that a clever liar can convince a willing audience of anything, and social pressure will cause people to deny the truth and accept the most obvious lies from their leaders.

^Timely.

singleagain

Post Thu, Jun 15 2017, 8:52 pm
simcha2 wrote:
I'm just glad someone (anyone) can relate! It's "inchworm" which gets me every time.

for me, it's "The Ugly Duckling" the way he's so kind to that young boy... I have to share it now
but I can't find the right clip.... I will search

amother
Magenta

Post Thu, Jun 15 2017, 8:59 pm
studying_torah wrote:
So what was the moral of that story,I never understood it, even though some teachers loved to use it in a mussar shmooze. 😶

I'm pleased to hear that your teachers encouraged their students to think for themselves and to speak up, even when it looks like they are disrespecting leaders. So often children are told that grown-ups always know​ best and they shouldn't trust their own judgement.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics