Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Beware of baby nurses!!
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next

sequoia

Post Sun, Jul 16 2017, 7:12 pm
The good thing about being Russian(speaking) is that you can hire people from *your own community* as cleaning ladies, babysitters, nannies, handymen, tutors, music teachers, and so on. We may be different religions, education levels, or length of time here, but we all know each other, so one can always get reliable references.

Nota bene: I am not in a position to hire anybody.

LittleDucky

Post Mon, Jul 17 2017, 8:08 am
OI is not one disease but rather 8 with multiple subtypes. It ranges from lethal (in the first year usually) to what people consider "brittle bone disease" where they can break bones from almost anything. And it is pretty easy to diagnose with DNA testing etc.

amother
Khaki

Post Mon, Jul 17 2017, 8:44 am
amother wrote:
Um hate to be the one to say this but when will people stop hiring strangers from Jamaica or whichever country they're from to help them? Never leave help unattended but unfortunately with other children to take care of this has become the norm.

Well well
How about never hire a child giver without references?
I met 2 wonderful baby nurses from Jamaica (at the recommendations of people who used them prior) and they were experienced, competent, and gentle.
I watched them care for the newborn during the day AND during the night.
As an aside, they were taking care of the baby because there were older children, but for other reasons.

Saying "Don't hire Strangers". Period. Is enough.

DREAMING

Post Mon, Jul 17 2017, 9:57 am
Anyone have an update on the baby????

debsey

Post Mon, Jul 17 2017, 10:03 am
cnc wrote:
Was the mother totally out of it, that she didn't realize something was amiss until her kid had sixteen fractures?

One shake would be all it would take to do that.Crying

This is so heartbreaking. I used a baby nurse after my own baby because I had surgery a week after giving birth. I was so tense about the baby nurse I never let her have the baby! All she did was give bottles while I was in the room, and change diapers while I was in the room. My husband said - next time, we'll pay ME and not hire the nurse, since I ended up doing most of the baby care.

cnc

Post Mon, Jul 17 2017, 10:16 am
debsey wrote:
One shake would be all it would take to do that.Crying

This is so heartbreaking. I used a baby nurse after my own baby because I had surgery a week after giving birth. I was so tense about the baby nurse I never let her have the baby! All she did was give bottles while I was in the room, and change diapers while I was in the room. My husband said - next time, we'll pay ME and not hire the nurse, since I ended up doing most of the baby care.

One shake would cause sixteen fractures to an otherwise perfectly healthy child? I guess I'm cynical. (And I guess I keep to much of a close eye on my baby nurses, which is why I can't imagine the story happening exactly the way it's written here.)

amother
Bronze

Post Mon, Jul 17 2017, 11:26 am
How do they know it was the baby nurse that harmed the baby? Did they have a monitor? Refuah shelayma to the poor infant.

marina

Post Mon, Jul 17 2017, 11:47 am
yeah this sounds sketchy. I dk how one incident would cause 16 fractures.

yksraya

Post Mon, Jul 17 2017, 1:28 pm
marina wrote:
yeah this sounds sketchy. I dk how one incident would cause 16 fractures.

Maybe she dropped the baby or what? We are talking a newborn.

amother
Azure

Post Mon, Jul 17 2017, 1:34 pm
I thought this can happen as the newborn moves through the birth canal? Not so?

singleagain

Post Mon, Jul 17 2017, 1:38 pm
amother wrote:
I thought this can happen as the newborn moves through the birth canal? Not so?

If it is indeed a type of OI the bones can break while in utero.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Mon, Jul 17 2017, 1:43 pm
Do they test for this disease when u do dor yeshurim?

amother
Seafoam

Post Mon, Jul 17 2017, 6:08 pm
Seems the baby has unfortunately brittle bone syndrome with only two or three fractures and was not abused as originally reported.

PAMOM

Post Mon, Jul 17 2017, 6:23 pm
The poor baby! I'm glad the tragedy wasn't compounded by the baby nurse being charged.

LittleDucky

Post Mon, Jul 17 2017, 6:25 pm
They don't test for it at DY. it isn't a specifically Jewish genetic disease like Tay Sachs.

amother
Chartreuse

Post Mon, Jul 17 2017, 7:16 pm
U sure? Dr. Shanik told me they tested for that first and it wasn't the case.
This is from [name removed] who works with dr. SHANIK. Tons of rumors going around..basically be careful and vigilant with ur nurses!

amother
Smokey

Post Mon, Jul 17 2017, 7:31 pm
why would u be able to repeat over something from dr. shaniks office to the public? When my son had an issue and I asked their office if there were others that had the same thing, they told me yes but they cant give any information.

MagentaYenta

Post Mon, Jul 17 2017, 7:40 pm
amother wrote:
U sure? Dr. Shanik told me they tested for that first and it wasn't the case.
This is from [name removed] who works with dr. SHANIK. Tons of rumors going around..basically be careful and vigilant with ur nurses!

I would run far away from a medical practice that had an employee violating patient privacy rights. Just sayin'.

ra_mom

Post Mon, Jul 17 2017, 7:58 pm
amother wrote:
Seems the baby has unfortunately brittle bone syndrome with only two or three fractures and was not abused as originally reported.

Poor little baby! The amount of fractures just didn't make sense for abuse. Sad Babies are really fragile but also really resilient and pliable. Hashem should send the baby strength and Refuah quickly!

MagentaYenta

Post Mon, Jul 17 2017, 8:01 pm
amother wrote:

So are you going to apologize to the nurse?
Page 2 of 7   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next Recent Topics