Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Beware of baby nurses!!
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next

MrsDash

Post Mon, Jul 17 2017, 11:06 pm
amother wrote:
U sure? Dr. Shanik told me they tested for that first and it wasn't the case.
This is from [name removed] who works with dr. SHANIK. Tons of rumors going around..basically be careful and vigilant with ur nurses!

HIPAA, anyone?

ETA - I will be calling Dr Shanik's office in the morning to confirm whether or not this breach of privacy occurred.

Last edited by MrsDash on Mon, Jul 17 2017, 11:13 pm; edited 1 time in total

MagentaYenta

Post Mon, Jul 17 2017, 11:13 pm
MrsDash wrote:
HIPAA, anyone?

Well that is the good thing that came out on this thread. I mean a Dr. and his employee violating HIPAA. Now let's move on to having one of the Ima's apologize to the nurse who was libeled.

sequoia

Post Mon, Jul 17 2017, 11:15 pm
MrsDash wrote:

- I will be calling Dr Shanik's office in the morning to confirm whether or not this breach of privacy occurred.

Good.

Stuff like this is my NIGHTMARE.

MagentaYenta

Post Mon, Jul 17 2017, 11:18 pm
MrsDash wrote:
HIPAA, anyone?

ETA - I will be calling Dr Shanik's office in the morning to confirm whether or not this breach of privacy occurred.

Applause Applause

sequoia

Post Mon, Jul 17 2017, 11:22 pm
One time several years ago, I was convinced by my family into seeing a certain doctor here in Chicago. Not only did she call everyone *but* me with my results, she also criticized me, expressed her opinion about everything in my life, and basically violated patient privacy in every imaginable way. I seriously wish she'd lose her license.

LittleDucky

Post Mon, Jul 17 2017, 11:27 pm
sequoia wrote:
One time several years ago, I was convinced by my family into seeing a certain doctor here in Chicago. Not only did she call everyone *but* me with my results, she also criticized me, expressed her opinion about everything in my life, and basically violated patient privacy in every imaginable way. I seriously wish she'd lose her license.

You could have reported the breach of privacy. HIPAA only applies to "covered entities" but that includes most doctors offices as any office that uses the Internet to conduct business, get insurance reimbursement etc.

amother
Crimson

Post Tue, Jul 18 2017, 12:05 am
MrsDash wrote:
HIPAA, anyone?

Doesn't surprise me. I no longer use any doctors in the frum community for this reason.

amother
Oak

Post Tue, Jul 18 2017, 12:16 am
This thread is just horrible. Really embarrassing.

tichellady

Post Tue, Jul 18 2017, 12:16 am
LittleDucky wrote:
You could have reported the breach of privacy. HIPAA only applies to "covered entities" but that includes most doctors offices as any office that uses the Internet to conduct business, get insurance reimbursement etc.

What type of doctors office in the US does HIPAA not apply to? As far as I know it applies to all physicians ( and many other types of healthcare providers as well)

cnc

Post Tue, Jul 18 2017, 12:20 am
amother wrote:
U sure? Dr. Shanik told me they tested for that first and it wasn't the case.
This is from [name removed] who works with dr. SHANIK. Tons of rumors going around..basically be careful and vigilant with ur nurses!

Interesting, from what I know of Dr. Shanik he always struck me as a very well respected professional pediatrician. I can't imagine that he would breach confidentiality laws by discussing patients with other people.

debsey

Post Tue, Jul 18 2017, 1:01 am
MagentaYenta wrote:
I would run far away from a medical practice that had an employee violating patient privacy rights. Just sayin'.

Let's not believe anonymous amothers posting that "someone" said "something" online. I've used Dr. Shanik's office for over 20 years and have never been concerned about confidentiality. If anything, they're quite careful there.

Dr. Shanik will make a "toeles harabim" statement - like don't send to a daycamp with a kiddie pool, there's an outbreak of shigellosis this summer, or fidget spinners have removable parts that are choking hazards etc., but he will never speak about more than generals like "pools are dangerous" not "the Cohen boy has shigellosis, he got it at the Levy's pool"

I'm doubting anyone heard any specifics about any cases from Dr. Shanik's office, more than "supervise baby nurses carefully, some agencies don't screen as well as others"

amother
Seafoam

Post Tue, Jul 18 2017, 1:28 am
Just wondering what type of mom's are posting at 12-1am.....especially such intelligent comments.

amother
Maroon

Post Tue, Jul 18 2017, 1:29 am
amother wrote:
Just wondering what type of mom's are posting at 12-1am.....especially such intelligent comments.

Moms who know the difference between plural and possessive.

MagentaYenta

Post Tue, Jul 18 2017, 1:33 am
amother wrote:

Timezones, didn't you learn about them in school? Rolling Eyes

Health is a Virture

Post Tue, Jul 18 2017, 1:54 am
I think we learned from this post, never believe a word you read on the Internet.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Tue, Jul 18 2017, 2:05 am
What causes brittle bones sydrome? Is there a way to test for it right away? Prevent it???

MagentaYenta

Post Tue, Jul 18 2017, 2:18 am
Health is a Virture wrote:
I think we learned from this post, never believe a word you read on the Internet.

And yet for some if they express their cynicism the Ima's come swooping down like flying monkeys.

amother
Mustard

Post Tue, Jul 18 2017, 7:15 am
estibesty wrote:
. The. Baby in chop I'm sure they ruled that out . This story is so sad

baby in CHOP! what on earth is chop?

Post Tue, Jul 18 2017, 7:16 am
amother wrote:
baby in CHOP! what on earth is chop?

Hospital. Can't you translate? LOL

mommy3b2c

Post Tue, Jul 18 2017, 7:24 am
MagentaYenta wrote:
And yet for some if they express their cynicism the Ima's come swooping down like flying monkeys.

So why do you believe the info about dr shanik so easily?

Why not be cynical about all the info equally?
Page 3 of 7   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next Recent Topics