Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Beware of baby nurses!!
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next

amother
Mustard

Post Tue, Jul 18 2017, 7:30 am
sorry for the spinoff from thread: I remember years ago when there was a scare with non-Jewish nannies watching Jewish kids. And this is true - not heard from internet.
A Mummy while putting her kids to bed wanted to say "Shema" with them. Her kids got out of bed, knelt on the floor, made the sign of the cross, and started reciting a non-Jewish prayer!!!
To say that Mom was shocked is an understatement!!!
It happpened to quite a few families at the same time, a few when saying Shema, others when Mom wanted to say Birkat Hamazon with her kiddies, and others at specific times in the day the kid would suddenly kneel and do/say the above mentioned.
There was an uproar, and the incidents were traced to the non-Jewish full time nannies who were watching these tender Jewish children.
The nannies admitted to the charge.

This is not a figment of anyone's imagination. It's a true horrible event. Hashem Yerachem.

After that, Jewish Mom's were very hesitant in hiring non-Jewish nannies to take care of their kids.

sad real story.

fmt4

Post Tue, Jul 18 2017, 7:41 am
amother wrote:
sorry for the spinoff from thread: I remember years ago when there was a scare with non-Jewish nannies watching Jewish kids. And this is true - not heard from internet.
A Mummy while putting her kids to bed wanted to say "Shema" with them. Her kids got out of bed, knelt on the floor, made the sign of the cross, and started reciting a non-Jewish prayer!!!
To say that Mom was shocked is an understatement!!!
It happpened to quite a few families at the same time, a few when saying Shema, others when Mom wanted to say Birkat Hamazon with her kiddies, and others at specific times in the day the kid would suddenly kneel and do/say the above mentioned.
There was an uproar, and the incidents were traced to the non-Jewish full time nannies who were watching these tender Jewish children.
The nannies admitted to the charge.

This is not a figment of anyone's imagination. It's a true horrible event. Hashem Yerachem.

After that, Jewish Mom's were very hesitant in hiring non-Jewish nannies to take care of their kids.

sad real story.

I think you need to look up the definition of horrible event. Rolling Eyes I can think of a lot of worse things.

amother
Mustard

Post Tue, Jul 18 2017, 7:41 am
Squishy wrote:
Hospital. Can't you translate? LOL

Yes, I can translate!
I just don't see how the word CHOP translates into the word hospital!
and the differences between British English and American English cannot be translated.
It's not like translating to a completely foreign language.
Squishy, let's hear you 'translate' - jumper, pavement, trolley, napkin, boot, pinafore dress, drip, pupil... okay, enough for the first lesson Wink and in this case - Casualty dept.

amother
Smokey

Post Tue, Jul 18 2017, 7:48 am
CHOP stands for childrens hospital of Pennsylvania.

amother
Mustard

Post Tue, Jul 18 2017, 7:49 am
fmt4 wrote:
I think you need to look up the definition of horrible event. Rolling Eyes I can think of a lot of worse things.

I don't understand what you are trying to say.

so for you - a non-Jewish nanny teaching Jewish kids goyisher prayers and religion/religious symbols is not a horrible event. Fine.

Perhaps if murder or kidnapping would have been involved chas v'Shalom, then you'd place it in the "horrible event" category.

For others, their kids being taught daily non-Jewish religion and prayers and symbols is not just a horrible event, but a horrendous nightmare, and no - they aren't being dramatic.

amother
Mustard

Post Tue, Jul 18 2017, 7:50 am
amother wrote:

thank you.

amother
Cerise

Post Tue, Jul 18 2017, 8:27 am
happyone wrote:
Bet this baby has an underlying diagnosis to have SIXTEEN fractures before mom is aware. Osteogenesis imperfecta should be checked before accusing anyone.

According to the close family baby does not have any diagnosis except "abuse"

cbsp

Post Tue, Jul 18 2017, 8:30 am
amother wrote:

Actually, it's Children's Hospital of Philadelphia. It's got a solid reputation so the doctors in Lakewood refer their patients there (despite the distance). May the staff there continue to be good shlichim for all cholim.

Culturedpearls

Post Tue, Jul 18 2017, 8:40 am
Silly question but is this common practice to take a baby nurse?
I've never heard of such a thing among frum people.

amother
Teal

Post Tue, Jul 18 2017, 8:41 am
Culturedpearls wrote:

Where do you live?
Where I live (Lakewood) it's quite common.

Culturedpearls

Post Tue, Jul 18 2017, 8:53 am
amother wrote:
Where do you live?
Where I live (Lakewood) it's quite common.

Not in US. But I have friends & family in US & never heard of such practice.
Don't mothers in Lakewood nurse their babies? I get a babysitter to help with older kids when there's a newborn but a baby nurse? How do people even afford that.

amother
Cobalt

Post Tue, Jul 18 2017, 9:30 am
Culturedpearls wrote:
Don't mothers in Lakewood nurse their babies? I get a babysitter to help with older kids when there's a newborn but a baby nurse? How do people even afford that.

Baby nurses (nurse here referring to 'a person who works in a nursery', not a certified medical nurse) are paid minimum wage, or less.

happy12

Post Tue, Jul 18 2017, 9:36 am
A relative of mine used one recently. The mother was hospitalized with complications and came home very weak so she needed help with the newborn. also many people with multiples take help after the baby.

MrsDash

Post Tue, Jul 18 2017, 9:46 am
cnc wrote:
Interesting, from what I know of Dr. Shanik he always struck me as a very well respected professional pediatrician. I can't imagine that he would breach confidentiality laws by discussing patients with other people.

Absolutely! I know him and he is an amazing person and doctor, however, I can't say the same for some of the staff. (Who may have overheard something, and like the game of telephone, some facts got bent.)

MrsDash

Post Tue, Jul 18 2017, 9:47 am
Culturedpearls wrote:

In Lakewood, it's become very popular in the last few years or so.

amother
Mustard

Post Tue, Jul 18 2017, 10:48 am
Culturedpearls wrote:

I think CPearls is referring to breast-feeding?
I know that in England women "nurse" their baby - meaning breast-feed their baby.
the word "nurse" as in- I nurse my baby, means - I breast-feed my baby.
another case of BE and AE mix-up Smile

LittleDucky

Post Tue, Jul 18 2017, 10:57 am
tichellady wrote:
What type of doctors office in the US does HIPAA not apply to? As far as I know it applies to all physicians ( and many other types of healthcare providers as well)

They all are required to follow confidentiality but HIPAA covers a lot more than that. If your doctor did not conduct business online, took cash only and didn't accept insurance (as that is online to some extent), and followed a few other strict guidelines they would not have to do HIPAA. One example is a solo practice private pay PT, therapist or other medical professional who is not part of a hospital, insurance group etc.

Like I said very few places it doesn't apply to.

Chayalle

Post Tue, Jul 18 2017, 11:17 am
amother wrote:
Doesn't surprise me. I no longer use any doctors in the frum community for this reason.

Why, because non-Jews respect privacy more than Jews?

I was told very personal information about a relative of mine by my non-Jewish beautician....have gone elsewhere since then. But she's not bound by HIPPA laws.

My sister is a pediatrician, and she doesn't tell her husband who her patients are - he finds out when they approach him in shul and tell him stuff. Believe me, frum doctors don't want to be sued...their staff is warned and educated about this all the time....

amother
Puce

Post Tue, Jul 18 2017, 11:20 am
Chayalle wrote:
Why, because non-Jews respect privacy more than Jews?

I was told very personal information about a relative of mine by my non-Jewish beautician....have gone elsewhere since then. But she's not bound by HIPPA laws.

My sister is a pediatrician, and she doesn't tell her husband who her patients are - he finds out when they approach him in shul and tell him stuff. Believe me, frum doctors don't want to be sued...their staff is warned and educated about this all the time....

Same situation here.. I am a therapist and people are always making comments to my dh about me treating their kids- assuming he knows. I don't tell him a thing. The other frum therapists I know are very very careful as well.

FranticFrummie

Post Tue, Jul 18 2017, 11:24 am
amother wrote:
Same situation here.. I am a therapist and people are always making comments to my dh about me treating their kids- assuming he knows. I don't tell him a thing. The other frum therapists I know are very very careful as well.

I'm a life coach, and I NEVER tell DH about my clients! 1. I don't want his input, and 2. It's just not professional, even though I have no legal obligation regarding privacy. For me, it's simply a moral issue, and a line I would never cross.
Page 4 of 7   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next Recent Topics