Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Can teething cause diaper rash?

Mommastuff

Post Tue, Oct 16 2007, 2:15 pm
My dd has been teething for the past week and she's had really bad diaper rash that won't go away with cream. She normally doesn't have any rash and this came around the same time as teething so I'm wondering...?

I've been changing diapers right away but that's not helping either.

Did anyone else have this situation?

Mimisinger

Post Tue, Oct 16 2007, 2:36 pm
Teething can DEFINITELY cause diaper rash. My sil's kids get horrible rashes when teething. My ds gets a rash around his mouth b/c of all of the saliva.

Just keep them dry and slather them with loads of balmex.

amother

Post Tue, Oct 16 2007, 3:47 pm
My son had the same thing- a TERRIBLE raw daiper rash that wouldn't go away with any cream. Finally I heard of Triple Paste diaper cream- it's amazing. Costs quite a bit but is definitely worth it. It clears up the worst rashes. Often teething babies also get diarrhea, which aggravates the rash because it's acidic. Keep on changing diapers frequently and use Triple Paste.

cindy324

Post Tue, Oct 16 2007, 7:33 pm
Ditto to all of the above, including Triple Paste. It works miracles. Also, stop using baby wipes until the rash is gone. Use a wet paper towel and dab, don't wipe. Keep slathering on the triple paste, it's over the counter, most pharmacies should have it, it's about $18 for a large jar.

Mommastuff

Post Mon, Oct 22 2007, 7:04 pm
Thank G-d the rash is almost gone. I was a bit worried there cuz the rash was so bad that she had open sores and she hated me changing her diaper. I was scared to use any cream because it was open but more scared not to!
it's funny cuz this isn't her first teeth and she didn't have this before.
I hope that it's a one time thing!

saboni

Post Mon, Oct 22 2007, 7:33 pm
You must have Triple Paste in the house! It's a lifesaver for babies!

MahPitom

Post Tue, Oct 23 2007, 9:04 pm
No it does not.... but it can cause acidy-diarrhea and the constant onslaught of that will cause diaper rash.

Dump about a half a cup of corn starch into your babies diaper after each changing. It will clear up within the hour.

Akeres Habayis

Post Sun, Oct 28 2007, 9:05 am
BH!!!
I JUST POSTED ON ANOTHER FORUM THESE SYMPTOMS!!!!
THANKS!!! I WILL TRY THE BABY POWDER FOR THE DIAPER RASH.ok I am finishing screaming with joy because NOW I know why she has the diaper rash and a little diarriah.
this site is fantastic

MahPitom

Post Sun, Oct 28 2007, 10:16 am
Do NOT use baby powder, the perfume will aggravate the symptoms. Please use Corn starch, plain old corn starch for cooking.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics