Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Staten island chasidish community
Previous  1  2

pesek zman

Post Wed, Sep 27 2017, 12:07 pm
MrsLeo wrote:
We moved to Willowbrook in April. There is a big mix of chassiduses here. A lot of Skver and Ger but there are many others and neutrals. Most shuls are very welcoming of any type and any religious level, mostly the newer smaller shuls.

Someone mentioned the busing, it is NOT government funded so kids that go to school in Brooklyn need to be driven back and forth or pay for a private bus company that is run by the chassidishe community here and you need to go through an acceptance process.
There was a rumor going around in the summer about government funded busing to Brooklyn schools but that never happened and it will be many months (or most likely years) before it actually happens.

If you have any additional questions, feel free to PM me.

The reason the busing isn't paid for is because it's going outside of the county. I grew up in SI and went to Brooklyn schools all my life. Same thing. This won't change.

InnerMe

Post Wed, Sep 27 2017, 12:31 pm
tf wrote:
Your parents might be receptive to all different cultures, which is outstanding and applausible, but my question is mainly directed at the group in general, most people.

Pesek Zman,
I actually think your post was so beautiful and warmly positive about chassidim. Thank you!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating