Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Mean Things Done to Teachers
Previous  1  2  3  Next

amother
Emerald

Post Thu, Sep 14 2017, 2:32 pm
The class adjacent to my classroom: the teachers desk and chair was to the wall of our chairs and desk. There was a little Crack/hole on the bottom of that shared wall. The girl in my classroom sitting in the back by that very Crack took a real looking mouse and slipped it into that crack in middle if a lesson
In seventh grade we were playing so called ball with a doll every time my teacher turned around to the board which happened to have been every 2 min during that lesson. It was a map skills if I remember correctly. Never mind we had a lot of fun but poor teacher.
In sixth grade we decided one day we don't like our English teacher and want back our fifth grade teacher. Our fifth grade classroom and a huge closet. One day we had in the closet and booed when the teacher walked in. Only 6 goody goodies were scared to do it so they didn't. But the girls that did got a massive punishment.

ProudMommie

Post Thu, Sep 14 2017, 4:09 pm
amother wrote:
I once asked a teacher to show us another math example on the board to clarify what she was teaching, so that I can throw a note across to room to a friend.

I laugh when I think of it, though maybe I shouldn't...

I am sorry ...how can u laugh for asking a teacher to exert all this energy on you for nothing??? Not funny!

rachel0615

Post Thu, Sep 14 2017, 4:53 pm
Being given a piece of garbage and being told I was given it bc I am the garbage.

Being told by a student he hopes my boobs burn off.

Bh still love teaching!

smilealot

Post Thu, Sep 14 2017, 5:10 pm
I didn't do the stuff but did enjoy a good laugh when others did.
Girls put upside down sellotape and chalk all over the teachers chair. Unfortunately she realised. We each had to have a turn to sit on it.
We ran away from school.
We refused to come in from recess.
We climbed out of the classroom window when the teacher wasn't looking.
Girls put slugs on the teachers desk.
The list is endless.
My class were so mean that so many teachers left school because of us. ;(

notshanarishona

Post Thu, Sep 14 2017, 11:10 pm
Put a paintball under his seat
(to be fair, this teacher was emotionally abusive and deserved some level of humilliation IMO even and an adult although I can see that this was mean)

notshanarishona

Post Thu, Sep 14 2017, 11:11 pm
I had a student plant peanuts in my car as a practical joke (knowing that I am seriously allergic). Was not funny when I had to pull over because was having difficulty breathing. That was probably the meanest.

amother
Cerulean

Post Fri, Sep 15 2017, 6:44 am
I wish I didn't have to post this anon. I am a very frequent and well known poster here. You are all posting about pranks. The other thread was about cruel teachers. I amngoing to post about cruel students.

This post is about DH. He has been a teacher for 30 years now. Always in MO schools (we arent mo, fwiw) and its been fine. The last few years, he's been teaching in very "yeshivish" schools and literally these kids break him. Hes never ever had anything like what he deals with in the "frummer" schools. Needless to say, he's a secular studies teacher. High school. Mesivta.

We all know that its a well known issue in these schools that chol classes arent taken seriously. But what he gets isnt a lack of basic derech eretz - its cruelty. His students take his books, he's found them floating in the toilet. His chair has been stolen and replaced with a bucket with a toilet seat on top. More than once. Not adar. Bochrim sit with their backs to him wih an open gemarrah. English class is bitul torah. The rebbes dont care to intervine. The moms shrug. The bochrim call him by his first name. Make fun of our "branch" of judaism (for lack of a better term). They are just so mean. Its well beyond normal teenage boy shtick. Its MEAN. These boys would never dream of treating their Rebbe like this. Refuse to work. Papers handed in are just copied from the gemarrah. Literally. They wont work. The admin is at a loss. I could go on and on.

DrMom

Post Fri, Sep 15 2017, 7:03 am
amother wrote:
I wish I didn't have to post this anon. I am a very frequent and well known poster here. You are all posting about pranks. The other thread was about cruel teachers. I amngoing to post about cruel students.

This post is about DH. He has been a teacher for 30 years now. Always in MO schools (we arent mo, fwiw) and its been fine. The last few years, he's been teaching in very "yeshivish" schools and literally these kids break him. Hes never ever had anything like what he deals with in the "frummer" schools. Needless to say, he's a secular studies teacher. High school. Mesivta.

We all know that its a well known issue in these schools that chol classes arent taken seriously. But what he gets isnt a lack of basic derech eretz - its cruelty. His students take his books, he's found them floating in the toilet. His chair has been stolen and replaced with a bucket with a toilet seat on top. More than once. Not adar. Bochrim sit with their backs to him wih an open gemarrah. English class is bitul torah. The rebbes dont care to intervine. The moms shrug. The bochrim call him by his first name. Make fun of our "branch" of judaism (for lack of a better term). They are just so mean. Its well beyond normal teenage boy shtick. Its MEAN. These boys would never dream of treating their Rebbe like this. Refuse to work. Papers handed in are just copied from the gemarrah. Literally. They wont work. The admin is at a loss. I could go on and on.

What a disgusting chilul Hashem.

And the administration is "at a loss" because...?

amother
Cerulean

Post Fri, Sep 15 2017, 7:13 am
DrMom wrote:
What a disgusting chilul Hashem.

And the administration is "at a loss" because...?

Because the administration has tried to affect change but they don't have the backing of the higher administration so nothing happens. For example, after a certain amount of very late arrivals or skipping class altogether, your grade is lowered. He has had boys who have literally failed his class and the final report card was doctored to make the boy pass.

MiriFr

Post Fri, Sep 15 2017, 7:13 am
I was a kindergarten assistant the yeae I came home from seminary. There was a child in my class who would have really bad accidents at least once a week. The teacher addressed this issue to the child's mother. One morning, as I was greeting the children at the entrance to the building, this child's mother approached me and told me "[my child] has a fear of going to the bathroom in school, so he holds it in until it all just comes out. If I send a suppository with him, can you help him put it in?"
A. SUPPOSITORY.
Hell. No.

amother
Maroon

Post Fri, Sep 15 2017, 7:18 am
amother wrote:

I am a secular studies teacher at a chassidish school and can confirm. It's not that level of open cruelty in the girls school, and I have actually a really amazing principal, but I still experience disrespect and misbehavior I've not received even as a substitute teacher at a public, non-academic streamed highschool.

The horror stories I hear about the boys section though? Ugh. It's really disgusting. I met one of the boys teachers at a conference a couple months ago and he was completely drained.

Even the other chassidish girls schools aren't as well run as ours. We hear from the chassidish teachers themselves how different things are here. Trash everywhere, students turning their backs, refusing to do work, speaking in yiddish, calling the teacher names, making fun of them, calling them goys.

imasoftov

Post Fri, Sep 15 2017, 7:19 am
amother wrote:
The rosh yeshiva doesnt care so he wont let them institute any real change.

"at a loss" and "doesn't care" are different things.

amother
Cerulean

Post Fri, Sep 15 2017, 7:25 am
imasoftov wrote:
"at a loss" and "doesn't care" are different things.

I actually edited that post because I didn't want it to be traced back to that particular person in the event that somebody recognizes my comment. Would you mind please deleting the quoted post?

cuties' mom

Post Fri, Sep 15 2017, 8:58 am
When I taught emotionally disturbed students in public school, I understood that when they tried punching me, throwing furniture at me, or biting me it was because of poor impulse control and that's why they were in my class. What I still cannot understand is the regular ed 3rd grade class where a student pulled a knife at a teacher or the two students who maced the entire school building. I left public school after that year. I know there are many good schools out there, but as I was placed in a bad school, I decided my life is worth more than public school benefits.

DrMom

Post Fri, Sep 15 2017, 9:19 am
notshanarishona wrote:
I had a student plant peanuts in my car as a practical joke (knowing that I am seriously allergic). Was not funny when I had to pull over because was having difficulty breathing. That was probably the meanest.

This should be grounds for expulsion.

SpottedBanana

Post Fri, Sep 15 2017, 12:28 pm
notshanarishona wrote:

How did the evil (not mean, evil) student get the nuts in your car?

notshanarishona

Post Fri, Sep 15 2017, 2:40 pm
My car door was unlocked in the parking lot. Supposedly he told his mom he was putting a thank you card and she believed him.

amother
Chartreuse

Post Fri, Sep 15 2017, 3:56 pm
Our 9th grade English teacher asked us every Monday what vocabulary unit we were up to. At some point, we began telling her the same unit (and took the same test) for 3 weeks.

The 3rd week, handing back the tests, our poor teacher suddenly got a look on her face, and started flipping through papers.... I suppose she located the previous sets of tests and realized what had been happening. She flung her Delaney book (remember those?) across the room and ran out. About 10 minutes later the guidance counselor showed up....

Incidentally, she wasn't a new teacher, or an out of control or disrespected one.... Maybe a little tzufleigin.... but not even in a bad way. She was pretty likeable.

We just saw an obnoxious opportunity and took it....

Shoshana37

Post Fri, Sep 15 2017, 4:33 pm
I went to kiruv school so it was definitely so much fun and best part teachers would punish us but not really lol. My principal would give us lollipop and tell us don't do it anymore.
We put glue on chair
We put pins on chair
We put smeared chalk on chair
Did paper airplanes in class
All this was done only to mean teachers who would call us names. My English teacher told me once go sit in the back you don't understand anything anyways so guess what you don't believe in me then I don't believe in your teachings. So we did crazy things to her 😂.
BH we all grew up and none of us are donkeys. The truth is if the teacher don't know how to teach she should not be a teacher.

amother
Scarlet

Post Fri, Sep 15 2017, 5:26 pm
amother wrote:
I am a secular studies teacher at a chassidish school and can confirm. It's not that level of open cruelty in the girls school, and I have actually a really amazing principal, but I still experience disrespect and misbehavior I've not received even as a substitute teacher at a public, non-academic streamed highschool.

The horror stories I hear about the boys section though? Ugh. It's really disgusting. I met one of the boys teachers at a conference a couple months ago and he was completely drained.

Even the other chassidish girls schools aren't as well run as ours. We hear from the chassidish teachers themselves how different things are here. Trash everywhere, students turning their backs, refusing to do work, speaking in yiddish, calling the teacher names, making fun of them, calling them goys.

Not my experience teaching in chassidish school.
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics