Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
How often to wash kids PJ's/clothes?
Previous  1  2

rgr

Post Thu, Sep 28 2017, 11:59 am
ra_mom wrote:
Interesting thought, thanks for posting!

Carter's clothing actually say to turn it inside out on the washing instructions

dancingqueen

Post Thu, Sep 28 2017, 1:07 pm
Only washing pjs once a week? shock

Most of my kids clothes get washed after every wear but they are all still in the baby/toddler phase. Maybe older kids can do with washing a bit less often.

zaq

Post Thu, Sep 28 2017, 6:07 pm
dancingqueen wrote:
Only washing pjs once a week? shock

Maybe older kids can do with washing a bit less often.

Umm, yeah. Once theyre housebro—I mean toilet trained—and reliably dry at night, they're no dirtier in their sleep than adults. Cleaner, actually. BO is not usually a problem before onset of puberty and neither are, ah, fluid exudates of various sorts.

mommy3b2c

Post Thu, Sep 28 2017, 6:08 pm
zaq wrote:
Umm, yeah. Once theyre housebro—I mean toilet trained—and reliably dry at night, they're no dirtier in their sleep than adults. Cleaner, actually. BO is not usually a problem before onset of puberty and neither are, ah, fluid exudates of various sorts.

Do adults really only wash their pajamas once a week?

ra_mom

Post Thu, Sep 28 2017, 6:09 pm
rgr wrote:
Carter's clothing actually say to turn it inside out on the washing instructions

I meant about the spin speed. I've never heard that before. I'm curious to read more about this. I've done high spin speeds for soiled items but truthfully I don't know much about the difference between speeds and when to use what. Do you have any leads as to where I can read more about this?

Zehava

Post Thu, Sep 28 2017, 7:55 pm
I used to have a ton of pjs and washed them after one use as they'd get dirty from breakfast. They're older now so I bought a bit less and wash them after two uses.
Clothes after one use
As for the fading, I like to buy a lot for relatively cheap so through the season I have variety, most things don't get worn and washed too often, and at the end of the season I give them away and only keep the less-worn better quality stuff.
I definitely do not want to be a slave to clothes by hand washing and not drying.

abaker

Post Thu, Sep 28 2017, 8:17 pm
After every wear for the kids. And myself. I love fresh pajamas every night.

Teomima

Post Thu, Sep 28 2017, 11:13 pm
ra_mom wrote:
I meant about the spin speed. I've never heard that before. I'm curious to read more about this. I've done high spin speeds for soiled items but truthfully I don't know much about the difference between speeds and when to use what. Do you have any leads as to where I can read more about this?

Read your washer manual. The spin setting is about how dry it gets your clothes, and hasn't got anything to do with how soiled the clothes are (after all, the actual washing stage, where it aggravates/rotates your clothes in soapy water, is rather slow and gentle anyways). It's for getting the moisture out. My manual recommends seeing it at only 800rpm, though the machine can actually go much faster.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry