Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
What have you done out of your comfort zone?
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

amother
Forestgreen

Post Sun, Oct 22 2017, 5:48 pm
Ran marathons.
Went to grad school for a career that truly pushed me past my comfort zone.
Took aerialist classes.

Chloe

Post Sun, Oct 22 2017, 5:48 pm
Amelia Bedelia wrote:
What's FTB?

Frummer than before

wife2

Post Sun, Oct 22 2017, 6:26 pm
amother wrote:

I killed a tarantula and a scorpion by myself!

WOW. No words. I could never kill a tarantula. You're so brave.

Ruchel

Post Sun, Oct 22 2017, 7:07 pm
amother wrote:
If you did it happily and willingly then it's not out of your comfort zone...

Cute. So we probably should never do anything out of our comfort zone, since it can't be happily and willingly. You probably have ZERO IDEA the guts it takes to make such a change on all sides, even if you are willing and happy. Good for you. Oh and you're anonymous... so that's close to trolling.

Ruchel

Post Sun, Oct 22 2017, 7:10 pm
Adding I had natural birthes (second, third, fourth) in a country it's badly seen and very rare except because you arrived too late. That too takes guts because you will have to refuse proposals of epidural etc and hear discourses like "no woman can do it anymore", and still decide consciously to NOT give in. That too I was happy and willing, and still it hurt and was difficult, very far from any comfort. IYH I hope all my other birthes are healthy and natural if possible.

thunderstorm

Post Sun, Oct 22 2017, 7:13 pm
I have a fear of deep water. Each time I toivel in the mikvah I am out of my comfort zone but I quietly tell Hashem to protect me that I shouldn't choke on the water since I'm doing the mitzvah for him.

Chana Miriam S

Post Sun, Oct 22 2017, 7:15 pm
amother wrote:

Wow. You have an awfully limited idea of what it means to be outside of your comfort zone. And did you really just bash her for saying what she thought was out of her comfort zone?

amother
Honeydew

Post Sun, Oct 22 2017, 7:35 pm
Every change I make in therapy is out of my comfort zone.
Every time we have s x is out of my comfort zone.
Every time I have to talk up for myself in front of someone of authority then I'm out of my comfort zone.

amother
Blush

Post Sun, Oct 22 2017, 7:44 pm
Wow!!!! A bunch of super-heroines we have here. I read every single post and was amazed anew with each one.
Here are a couple of my dares, although they pale in comparison to what others have achieved.
Am staying anonymous b/c of the 25,000 members ke'h on imamother, s/one might just identify me.

- Journeyed on a aeroplane alone without family members at 12 years old, from my home country to Israel and back.

- was stuck in elevators 3 times, stopped riding elevators for 2 years, and b'H got back into riding elevators again the last few years even though I s/times feel claustrophobic and my heart pumps wildly.

- never was able to sleep alone in a room in places outside of my home e.g. hotel, hospital ... was hospitalized couple weeks ago and the only room available was a single bed room, I won't say I wasn't scared but I did it - I slept there 5 days.

- am introverted by nature: years I would stand on the fringe of the circle of dancers at a wedding wishing that I could dance too. I love dancing and music. It was hard. I pushed myself. And b'H the last few years I'm the one who pulls the bystanders into the dance circle,
and will grab hold of the hands of the mother of chosson or kallah (whichever I'm related to or friendly with thus am attending wedding) and dance with her in the middle.

- was terribly afraid of heights. am living on the fifth floor in an apt. building for almost a decade.

- am shy and an introvert by nature, and one day (almost 2 decades ago)
I decided to start writing for publishing. Was very difficult at first but am ever so glad that I took the jump, and am b'H writing ever since.

Above all, I thank Hashem from deep in my heart for helping me with all of the above, and more which I didn't write here ... yet. Have to go out of my comfort zone... Wink

Boca00

Post Sun, Oct 22 2017, 8:09 pm
Every time I wear a tichel to a simcha or big event.

Every time I go to the mikvah.

amother
Babypink

Post Sun, Oct 22 2017, 8:12 pm
Spoke to my husband about something that bothered me but was embarrassing to speak about.

Called to ask forgiveness from a former classmate whom I bullied in elementary school.

amother
Copper

Post Sun, Oct 22 2017, 8:19 pm
I used to go on upside down roller coasters in the amusement park. Something happened after I had a kid or two. I am now terrified of anything with hights or drops. I recently took my kids to a waterpark and climbed up the steps to go on a slide with my preschooler. I was really petrified, but did it!

I went back to work after being a SAHM for more than a decade. I had zero confidence. Bh I have an amazing boss that made the transition easy. I am actually doing really well at work.

amother
Blue

Post Sun, Oct 22 2017, 8:34 pm
so much!
my comfort zone is such a tiny box that even things that are normal for most people like driving on the highway or having guests are out of my comfort zone. My hope and prayer is that if I go out of my comfort zone enough times it will stop being so small....

amother
Lavender

Post Sun, Oct 22 2017, 8:44 pm
married a divorced man who had 9 children.

I was an older girl. I had never been married .... but B"H I am now with kids of our own.

I would have never thought in my wildest dreams that I could do something like that.

Boca00

Post Sun, Oct 22 2017, 8:52 pm
amother wrote:
married a divorced man who had 9 children.

I was an older girl. I had never been married .... but B"H I am now with kids of our own.

I would have never thought in my wildest dreams that I could do something like that.

Wow.

InnerMe

Post Sun, Oct 22 2017, 8:54 pm
amother wrote:

Of course that's still out of her comfort zone. She happily went out of her comfort zone.

fbc

Post Sun, Oct 22 2017, 9:06 pm
Wow such bravery here!! Just goes to show we can do much more than we think we can If we just put our minds to it! I was babysitting one time when I was about 16, and there was a wasp in the house. I am TERRIFIED of bees and wasps but I HAD to kill it so it wouldn't sting the baby I was watching (or me, obv)...I basically drowned the thing with a streaming spray they had, but that was huuuuuuge for me. Also going to israel for sem was a big thing for me. Before that, I'd never been away from home for more than 3 days! Also was one of the heads of a program in my high school, which meant I often had to speak or sing (with the other heads of program) in front of the whole school...was so not me! But I did it Smile

amother
Mint

Post Sun, Oct 22 2017, 9:10 pm
I cried in front of someone else.

amother
Pink

Post Sun, Oct 22 2017, 11:10 pm
I was an older single at a dead end job and running out of friends in my oot comunity. I love my family dearly but it was time for my own place. I quit my job and moved to brooklyn and shared an apt with a friends friend. Bh I found a job in brooklyn, made more friends and even married a brooklyn boy and 8 years later im still here.

amother
Firebrick

Post Sun, Oct 22 2017, 11:46 pm
My whole life is out of my comfort zone. The place I live and my job. I am sad about it alot....
Page 3 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics