Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Budgeting & Bargains
The Black Friday Thread
  Previous  1  2  3 14  15 16  17  18  Next

Amelia Bedelia

Post Sun, Nov 26 2017, 5:40 am
Dan's Deals posted these pots on sale, normally $400.
https://www.amazon.com/Lagosti.....X0DER

Seem like great pots. Anyone have feedback?

cnc

Post Sun, Nov 26 2017, 6:27 am
Amelia Bedelia wrote:

Has great reviews on Amazon. I just ordered it . I'm still looking for milchig pots though.

imamazing

Post Sun, Nov 26 2017, 6:45 am
cnc wrote:
Has great reviews on Amazon. I just ordered it . I'm still looking for milchig pots though.

So am I. I want something with ceramic inside- so easy to clean but safe ( ptoa and pfte free)...
Any suggestions

Rosemarie

Post Sun, Nov 26 2017, 6:49 am
cnc wrote:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00J.....4XPGE
Anyone know if these are good? Macy's had them for about $150, with additional coupon. But Amazon was still cheaper at $88. Macy's claims original price is $270 while Amazon says original price is $99. So I want to hear what's the story with this set

cnc

Post Sun, Nov 26 2017, 6:52 am
Rosemarie wrote:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00JYHNNYK/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_fjLgAb2N4XPGE
Anyone know if these are good? Macy's had them for about $150, with additional coupon. But Amazon was still cheaper at $88. Macy's claims original price is $270 while Amazon says original price is $99. So I want to hear what's the story with this set

They're not good quality. The Amazon reviews are not good at all, and I've heard the same thing IRL.

ra_mom

Post Sun, Nov 26 2017, 6:54 am
If anyone saw girls coats for Israel temperatures (mid weight, doesn't need to be down) for $30, please let me know. My SIL in Israel needs a few sizes. Thank you!

ra_mom

Post Sun, Nov 26 2017, 6:57 am
Amelia Bedelia wrote:

What a great price. I see the largest size it comes with is 6 quart though.

simba

Post Sun, Nov 26 2017, 6:59 am
ra_mom wrote:
If anyone saw girls coats for Israel temperatures (mid weight, doesn't need to be down) for $30, please let me know. My SIL in Israel needs a few sizes. Thank you!

I see a few lightweight girls jackets on landsends.com. They are 40% so come out to be more like $40.

Rosemarie

Post Sun, Nov 26 2017, 7:03 am
cnc wrote:
They're not good quality. The Amazon reviews are not good at all, and I've heard the same thing IRL.

Actually, with almost 1300 reviews, having 4.5 stars, means most people actually gave good reviews and only a small percentage said it isn't good. But real life reviews are always better. I just don't know anyone who has it though

ra_mom

Post Sun, Nov 26 2017, 7:05 am
Rosemarie wrote:
Actually, with almost 1300 reviews, having 4.5 stars, means most people actually gave good reviews and only a small percentage said it isn't good. But real life reviews are always better. I just don't know anyone who has it though

I know people who've bought them and they're not good.

ra_mom

Post Sun, Nov 26 2017, 7:06 am
simba wrote:
I see a few lightweight girls jackets on landsends.com. They are 40% so come out to be more like $40.

Thanks so much for letting me know! I think that's too much for her.

Rosemarie

Post Sun, Nov 26 2017, 7:07 am
ra_mom wrote:
I know people who've bought them and they're not good.

Good to know. Thanks.

So what is good for dairy? I don't want stainless steel and prefer not black either. And don't want to break the bank 😀

ra_mom

Post Sun, Nov 26 2017, 7:09 am
Rosemarie wrote:
Good to know. Thanks.

So what is good for dairy? I don't want stainless steel and prefer not black either. And don't want to break the bank 😀

All the dairy non stick are garbage no matter how much you spend. They don't last. Go with stainless and buy 2 no stick skillets separately since they need to be replaced often.

Rosemarie

Post Sun, Nov 26 2017, 7:12 am
ra_mom wrote:
All the dairy non stick are garbage no matter how much you spend. They don't last. Go with stainless and buy 2 no stick skillets separately since they need to be replaced often.

Thing is I want them to look obviously different than my meat pots which are all stainless steel. That's also why I prefer (blue) colored outside. Any ideas?

ra_mom

Post Sun, Nov 26 2017, 7:14 am
Rosemarie wrote:
Thing is I want them to look obviously different than my meat pots which are all stainless steel. That's also why I prefer (blue) colored outside. Any ideas?

If you're ok with replacing every 10 years then it's fine. I know lots of people who do that.

Rosemarie

Post Sun, Nov 26 2017, 7:23 am
ra_mom wrote:
If you're ok with replacing every 10 years then it's fine. I know lots of people who do that.

10 years is not bad if I don't spend too much to begin with. My dairy set needed replacing way way before that. But that's partially because I was a newbie and didn't know how to care for non stick pots. Are these Rachel Ray ones good for 10 years? Or junk right away?

cnc

Post Sun, Nov 26 2017, 7:30 am
Rosemarie wrote:
10 years is not bad if I don't spend too much to begin with. My dairy set needed replacing way way before that. But that's partially because I was a newbie and didn't know how to care for non stick pots. Are these Rachel Ray ones good for 10 years? Or junk right away?

I'd be fine with replacing pots for that price earlier than ten years as long as they cook evenly and are good while I have them. FWIH the RR are junk right away.

cnc

Post Sun, Nov 26 2017, 7:34 am
I'm also looking for dairy cutlery at a decent price. I can use servings for 8 or 12. Something that cleans easily and doesn't let the food become stuck in between the grooves of the forks. Any recommendations? I don't want to spend too much.

Rosemarie

Post Sun, Nov 26 2017, 7:43 am
cnc wrote:
I'd be fine with replacing pots for that price earlier than ten years as long as they cook evenly and are good while I have them. FWIH the RR are junk right away.

I agree about replacing earlier for that price. But not if they don't do the job at least in the beginning

imamazing

Post Sun, Nov 26 2017, 7:44 am
THats was thinking ceramic inside. Two sets that I was looking at were the T-Fal ceramic pots on Amazon and the Calphalon ceramic pots on target. Does anyone have any of the sets and can tell me which of these companies are better? Or if there's another company that is recommended ?

I also saw an inexpensive Farberware set with ceramic inside but the reviews on that we're not great as far as durability .
Page 15 of 18   Previous  1  2  3 14  15 16  17  18  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Budgeting & Bargains