Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
Rabbi Leiter defends Alabama Senate candidate Judge Moore
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

imasoftov

Post Sun, Nov 19 2017, 2:12 am
Fox wrote:
Quote:
In Birmingham they love the Gov'nor
Now we all did what we could do
Now Watergate does not bother me
Does your conscience bother you, tell the truth

I think your copy of the lyrics is incomplete. There are some missing words between the first and second line.

rainbow dash

Post Sun, Nov 19 2017, 3:50 am
https://www.theyeshivaworld.co......html

southernbubby

Post Sun, Nov 19 2017, 7:28 am
rainbow dash wrote:
https://www.theyeshivaworld.com/news/featured/1405017/watch-frum-rabbi-bogus-organizations-defends-alabama-senate-candidate-roy-moore.html

I read the comments of this article and they fell into the following categories:

1) Those who agreed with YWN that Rabbi Leiter doesn't really represent organizations and that he didn't fare well in Monsey.
2)Those who say that Rabbi Leiter was instrumental in prosecuting pedophiles and has done good work to protect the frum public from child molesters.
3) Those who say that it is wrong to blame natural disasters on the LGBT agenda.
4) Those who agree with blaming natural disasters on the LGBT agenda.
5) Those who say that if Rabbi Leiter is against child molestation, then he should not stand in support of someone who has been accused of it until those allegations have been reasonably settled in his favor.
6)Those who say that the accusations against Moore have been incited by Mitch McConnell and have no basis in reality. There is always the remote possibility that someone who wants to see a candidate lose, could entice women to drum up allegations.

Rabbi Leiter apparently has his following of people who agree with him and he also has plenty of opposition. As far as the spiritual cause of natural disasters, can any human really say that they know what the cause is? He may or may not be correct about the cause of all of these hurricanes but gay marriage is here to stay and Roy Moore is powerless to get rid of it, as much as he would like to. If other rabbonim agree with Rabbi Leiter about the spiritual cause of disasters, they may be afraid to say so publicly so the lack of support for his position should not be construed to mean that no posek or gadol agrees with it.

To me, (and I realize that this is a side point) the bigger problem with the LBGT agenda, besides their organization being pro-Palestinian, is that they want everyone, especially the RW religious, to be forced to fall in lock-step with their agenda to have their behavior fully accepted in all spheres. The gays and their supporters were furious when Honorable Judge Ruchie Frier became a judge because she belonged to anti-gay "hate group" (her shul). If it was up to them, no RW religious person would be able to work for the public in any way because we are haters by default and may discriminate against them. In their eyes, even a frum public school teacher is a danger to their agenda and might treat gays negatively.

imasoftov

Post Sun, Nov 19 2017, 7:51 am
southernbubby wrote:
To me, (and I realize that this is a side point) the bigger problem with the LBGT agenda, besides their organization being pro-Palestinian ...

There is a single organization that speaks for all LGBT people?

southernbubby

Post Sun, Nov 19 2017, 7:58 am
imasoftov wrote:
How about this organization? https://www.facebook.com/gaysforisrael/

There was some sort of gay convention in Chicago that would not let in Israeli delegates due to the agenda of the organization being pro-Palestinian. In the end they were called out for their own bigotry and allowed the Israelis to attend. I am sure that you could find frum gay organizations if you look hard enough. I know that some former frummies such as Chaim Levin made one such organization but there are some who are still frum and gay and most likely have a FB presence. One frum gay FB site claims to have at least 600 members in the NY area alone; some of whom are still connected to the frum community.

So, yes, it wouldn't surprise me that there are some gays for Israel. Typically, however, the LW wants a two state solution and feels that the Israelis are unfair to the Palestinians.

imasoftov

Post Sun, Nov 19 2017, 8:10 am
southernbubby wrote:
There was some sort of gay convention ...

Iceberg, Goldberg, what's the difference?

RebekahsMom

Post Sun, Nov 19 2017, 8:28 am
Quote:

imasoftov wrote:
I think your copy of the lyrics is incomplete. There are some missing words between the first and second line.

There’s a missing boo hoo hoo there, but the lyrics are spot on.

southernbubby

Post Sun, Nov 19 2017, 8:45 am
imasoftov wrote:
Iceberg, Goldberg, what's the difference?

exactly

PinkFridge

Post Sun, Nov 19 2017, 8:55 am
southernbubby wrote:
I don't have time now to watch this debate but from the comments it appears that Dennis Prager feels that it is more important to defeat the left then it is to punish past behavior while Ben Shapiro does not agree.

Good on you, Ben Shapiro.
I haven't listened to Prager in a while but if I had to pick a Jew on RW radio to "talk for me" it would be Michael Medved over Prager any time.

This "we must get a Republican in government at any cost" thing is starting to get really Puke and shock and Scratching Head . Medved's pointed out that Moore has defied the Supreme Court. (See SixOfWands.) No, I don't know if I could vote for a Democrat in an election that has national ramifications (vs. a local representative) and I would need to learn more, but I'm not in Alabama. I just know that as a religious person, I don't think I can align myself with that mindset anymore.

I heard a chilling Mike Gallagher interview with a Cleveland pundit, forgot his name. The chill didn't come from the Cleveland guy but MG. The Cleveland guy wrote about how unpresidential the tweeting is and that it should stop. MG said, come on, there is an enthusiastic base that loves it.

Point #1: There is evidently a significant portion of enthusiastic Trumpers who would love to live unfiltered if they could and are living vicariously through the president. Not good for the state of the nation, IMO.

Something the Cleveland guy didn't say outright: that some people bought the Trump campaign promise to start acting presidential once he won. MG did say, you really thought it would stop when he won? We know who he was and we love him for it. We're playing by different rules and we'll stoop as low as the other guys are. (Or something like that.)

Point #2: Yeah, people bought it. Reluctant Trumpers voted for him because we've lived under czars, etc. etc. Many will not be so quick to vote for him again. Depends on how the next few year play out.

Please note: I will speak with respect about President Trump. There have been others in the White House who weren't pure as the driven snow, in many different areas. There have been some good things under his watch - Gorsich, Nikki Haley, for starters. I think there is some great potential here.

But there is tremendous ugliness coming out. People are dropping facades, and that's not a good sign for civilization as we know it. We have to double down on being a light unto the nations.

Southernbubby, no time to watch the video now but thanks for the link.

southernbubby

Post Sun, Nov 19 2017, 9:06 am
PinkFridge wrote:
Good on you, Ben Shapiro.
I haven't listened to Prager in a while but if I had to pick a Jew on RW radio to "talk for me" it would be Michael Medved over Prager any time.

This "we must get a Republican in government at any cost" thing is starting to get really Puke and shock and Scratching Head . Medved's pointed out that Moore has defied the Supreme Court. (See SixOfWands.) No, I don't know if I could vote for a Democrat in an election that has national ramifications (vs. a local representative) and I would need to learn more, but I'm not in Alabama. I just know that as a religious person, I don't think I can align myself with that mindset anymore.

I heard a chilling Mike Gallagher interview with a Cleveland pundit, forgot his name. The chill didn't come from the Cleveland guy but MG. The Cleveland guy wrote about how unpresidential the tweeting is and that it should stop. MG said, come on, there is an enthusiastic base that loves it.

Point #1: There is evidently a significant portion of enthusiastic Trumpers who would love to live unfiltered if they could and are living vicariously through the president. Not good for the state of the nation, IMO.

Something the Cleveland guy didn't say outright: that some people bought the Trump campaign promise to start acting presidential once he won. MG did say, you really thought it would stop when he won? We know who he was and we love him for it. We're playing by different rules and we'll stoop as low as the other guys are. (Or something like that.)

Point #2: Yeah, people bought it. Reluctant Trumpers voted for him because we've lived under czars, etc. etc. Many will not be so quick to vote for him again. Depends on how the next few year play out.

Please note: I will speak with respect about President Trump. There have been others in the White House who weren't pure as the driven snow, in many different areas. There have been some good things under his watch - Gorsich, Nikki Haley, for starters. I think there is some great potential here.

But there is tremendous ugliness coming out. People are dropping facades, and that's not a good sign for civilization as we know it. We have to double down on being a light unto the nations.

Southernbubby, no time to watch the video now but thanks for the link.

Pink Fridge, I plan to watch it on the treadmill and if you don't have a treadmill you are welcome to visit and use mine and you are welcome to visit even if you don't want to use the treadmill. It is sort of a cheap junky treadmill but it works but it is only fun when watching stuff. I think I heard that interview yesterday on the radio between MG and the Cleveland guy, while returning home from delivering lunch to a NICU mom at Beaumont for some organization here. I do agree that Trump has done some good but I also agree that the unfiltered speech is bad for society.

PinkFridge

Post Sun, Nov 19 2017, 9:20 am
southernbubby wrote:
Pink Fridge, I plan to watch it on the treadmill and if you don't have a treadmill you are welcome to visit and use mine and you are welcome to visit even if you don't want to use the treadmill. It is sort of a cheap junky treadmill but it works but it is only fun when watching stuff. I think I heard that interview yesterday on the radio between MG and the Cleveland guy, while returning home from delivering lunch to a NICU mom at Beaumont for some organization here. I do agree that Trump has done some good but I also agree that the unfiltered speech is bad for society.

Tizku l'mitzvos.
FTR, I'm sure southernbubby doesn't mean literally yesterday ;-)

southernbubby

Post Sun, Nov 19 2017, 9:23 am
PinkFridge wrote:
Tizku l'mitzvos.
FTR, I'm sure southernbubby doesn't mean literally yesterday ;-)

sorry, it was Friday and I didn't drive or listen to the radio yesterday!!!

imasoftov

Post Sun, Nov 19 2017, 1:25 pm
southernbubby wrote:
exactly

I'm curious what you thought my point was.

imasoftov

Post Sun, Nov 19 2017, 1:28 pm
RebekahsMom wrote:
Quote:

There’s a missing boo hoo hoo there, but the lyrics are spot on.

And what do you understand that paragraph to be saying?

southernbubby

Post Sun, Nov 19 2017, 3:41 pm
imasoftov wrote:
I'm curious what you thought my point was.

I was joking with you but you were trying to say that not all gays are anti-Israel so please read this;

http://www.jpost.com/Diaspora/.....98149

Those gays who are pro-Israel are marginalized and not allowed to display their Israeli flags/identity at parades.

Fox

Post Sun, Nov 19 2017, 5:31 pm
Regarding the Lynyrd Skynyrd lyrics:

Yes, it does seem I did a poor job of cutting and pasting. The "boo hoo hoo" on the version from which I pasted has it in parentheses, and my shortcut didn't pick it up. The song itself is partly a rebuttal to Neil Young, who had criticized the South in several songs. The larger message -- and the one in the stanza I quoted -- is that Northerners have their own dirty laundry (reference to Watergate) and shouldn't hypocritically moralize about the South's shortcomings (reference to Governor George Wallace).

However, that doesn't affect my point, which was perhaps unclear: to put it bluntly, Alabamians would enthusiastically vote for O. J. Simpson if a bunch of Northerners swarmed into Birmingham and loudly insisted they vote for his worthier opponent.

In case there is any confusion, this attitude has been well-documented outside of 70s rock lyrics: Washington Post.

Therefore, if the charges against Roy Moore unravel any further than they already have, the media and establishment GOP will widely be blamed for disrespecting Alabama's sovereignty, and Alabamians will take it out by electing populists in future elections.

That aside, how did a Senate race in Alabama gained the attention of Imamothers? Although there's a small Orthodox kehilla in Birmingham, I don't think we have a lot of Alabamian Imamothers.

On the other hand, we seem to have a lot of posters who worry incessantly about various strains on the finances of New Jersey. Given that, I would think that Senator Bob Menendez's trial/mis-trial on corruption charges would be of greater interest.

But perhaps the fact that media outlets have devoted 40 times the coverage to Moore as to Menendez has something to do with it. Washington Times

In addition to providing an excellent distraction from the Menendez trial, the coverage of Roy Moore has also limited the space and air time available for Donna Brazile's complaints, coverage of Uranium One dealings, or further dissection of the s-xual peccadillos -- and somewhat bigger sins -- of major Hollywood donors to the DNC.

Whether Roy Moore behaved violently and/or abusively with young women -- or was just a pervy older guy who liked barely-legal girls -- I have no idea. However, it's pretty clear that none of the sudden concern has anything to do with his victims or the veracity of their claims. Even staunch Democrats are beginning to realize that that ship has long sailed.

southernbubby

Post Sun, Nov 19 2017, 5:43 pm
Fox wrote:
Regarding the Lynyrd Skynyrd lyrics:

Yes, it does seem I did a poor job of cutting and pasting. The "boo hoo hoo" on the version from which I pasted has it in parentheses, and my shortcut didn't pick it up. The song itself is partly a rebuttal to Neil Young, who had criticized the South in several songs. The larger message -- and the one in the stanza I quoted -- is that Northerners have their own dirty laundry (reference to Watergate) and shouldn't hypocritically moralize about the South's shortcomings (reference to Governor George Wallace).

However, that doesn't affect my point, which was perhaps unclear: to put it bluntly, Alabamians would enthusiastically vote for O. J. Simpson if a bunch of Northerners swarmed into Birmingham and loudly insisted they vote for his worthier opponent.

In case there is any confusion, this attitude has been well-documented outside of 70s rock lyrics: Washington Post.

Therefore, if the charges against Roy Moore unravel any further than they already have, the media and establishment GOP will widely be blamed for disrespecting Alabama's sovereignty, and Alabamians will take it out by electing populists in future elections.

That aside, how did a Senate race in Alabama gained the attention of Imamothers? Although there's a small Orthodox kehilla in Birmingham, I don't think we have a lot of Alabamian Imamothers.

On the other hand, we seem to have a lot of posters who worry incessantly about various strains on the finances of New Jersey. Given that, I would think that Senator Bob Menendez's trial/mis-trial on corruption charges would be of greater interest.

But perhaps the fact that media outlets have devoted 40 times the coverage to Moore as to Menendez has something to do with it. Washington Times

In addition to providing an excellent distraction from the Menendez trial, the coverage of Roy Moore has also limited the space and air time available for Donna Brazile's complaints, coverage of Uranium One dealings, or further dissection of the s-xual peccadillos -- and somewhat bigger sins -- of major Hollywood donors to the DNC.

Whether Roy Moore behaved violently and/or abusively with young women -- or was just a pervy older guy who liked barely-legal girls -- I have no idea. However, it's pretty clear that none of the sudden concern has anything to do with his victims or the veracity of their claims. Even staunch Democrats are beginning to realize that that ship has long sailed.

The concern on a national level is whether or not the GOP will start losing these senate races and that eventually the Democrats will be on top. Otherwise, Alabama is a flyover state and I can't think of any reason to go there.

Fox

Post Sun, Nov 19 2017, 6:00 pm
southernbubby wrote:
I was joking with you but you were trying to say that not all gays are anti-Israel so please read this;

http://www.jpost.com/Diaspora/.....98149

Those gays who are pro-Israel are marginalized and not allowed to display their Israeli flags/identity at parades.

Actually, it's a bit worse than that. The reporter who broke the story for the Windy City Times, Chicago's primary LGBT news outlet, was almost immediately reassigned to a non-reporting role. This despite the fact that she was only a part-time reporter and had received several journalism awards.

Her bosses, of course, said that the reassignment had nothing to do with her coverage of the event and asked everyone to be sensitive to their privacy -- as if someone had died. So when you hear U.S. reporters talk about "chilling effects" on freedom of speech, remember Gretchen Rachel Hammond, who got "chilled" right out of a job by her own organization because she wrote about what she saw. I believe she's now employed by Tablet.

The mainstream Jewish outlets reported this with comparatively little emotion, apparently afraid to confront the LGBT establishment. It was once again left to Michael Lucas -- the Russian/Israeli gay [filth] star/producer who is certainly not supportive of frum Jews -- to do the heavy lifting and call out the offending parties for their obvious anti-Semitism.

Really, the most disturbing thing to me is that a frum woman such as myself even knows who Michael Lucas is . . . simply because he's one of a very, very few people willing to speak out against anti-Semitism on the left in general and in the LGBT world in particular.

Fox

Post Sun, Nov 19 2017, 6:08 pm
southernbubby wrote:
The concern on a national level is whether or not the GOP will start losing these senate races and that eventually the Democrats will be on top. Otherwise, Alabama is a flyover state and I can't think of any reason to go there.

Well, like I said, I'd be more sympathetic to that argument if the GOP would focus on utilizing the Senators they already have. Last time I looked, Mitch McConnell had an approval rating in Kentucky of 18 percent, and even his wife wouldn't unequivocally state her support for him. Apparently being Secretary of Transportation isn't the kind of gig you want to jeopardize.

I'm assuming the "flyover" comment is meant ironically, right?

southernbubby

Post Sun, Nov 19 2017, 6:15 pm
Fox wrote:
Actually, it's a bit worse than that. The reporter who broke the story for the Windy City Times, Chicago's primary LGBT news outlet, was almost immediately reassigned to a non-reporting role. This despite the fact that she was only a part-time reporter and had received several journalism awards.

Her bosses, of course, said that the reassignment had nothing to do with her coverage of the event and asked everyone to be sensitive to their privacy -- as if someone had died. So when you hear U.S. reporters talk about "chilling effects" on freedom of speech, remember Gretchen Rachel Hammond, who got "chilled" right out of a job by her own organization because she wrote about what she saw. I believe she's now employed by Tablet.

The mainstream Jewish outlets reported this with comparatively little emotion, apparently afraid to confront the LGBT establishment. It was once again left to Michael Lucas -- the Russian/Israeli gay [filth] star/producer who is certainly not supportive of frum Jews -- to do the heavy lifting and call out the offending parties for their obvious anti-Semitism.

Really, the most disturbing thing to me is that a frum woman such as myself even knows who Michael Lucas is . . . simply because he's one of a very, very few people willing to speak out against anti-Semitism on the left in general and in the LGBT world in particular.

What galls me is that whenever someone wants to drum up support for the LGBT community they compare their situation to that of the Jews in regards to discrimination. Then Israel, who is vilified by the LGBT is the only country in the middle east that allows their toeiva parades and allows gays to adopt babies and put their names on the birth certificate. These LGBTs go on the warpath against any group that isn't supportive and in Great Britain the government wants to shut down frum schools that don't adhere to a state curriculum that promotes a positive view of being LGBT. Canada wants to terminate parental rights of any parents who don't want their children to change genders if the child states that he or she is transgender. In the US, gays would like to see houses of worship that don't recognize gay marriage penalized by loss of tax exempt status. So I am not a rainbow flag waver and thanks for informing us on what the LGBT mafia is really all about. All of those liberal LGBT sympathizers here should read your post before jumping to defend their community.
Page 3 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics