Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Second ear piercings? Or not?
Previous  1  2  3  Next

Post Tue, Jan 16 2018, 7:38 pm
SixOfWands wrote:
I'm shocked that this is considered outre in certain communities. I got my second set of piercings in the late 80s, and even back then, it was accepted in conservative workplaces.

OP, if you really want it, go for it. If it draws a bad reaction, you can always remove the earrings and let the holes close.

I took out my second hole a week later. I really regretted immediately. I still have the scars.

I suggest some fake pieread earrings for the second hole to see if you like the look once it is on your body.

amother
Denim

Post Tue, Jan 16 2018, 8:53 pm
I really want a second eating also but my mom would flip and so would my in laws my husband would be ok if I did and plenty of people in my community have and in my school it would not be a big deal at all .

amother
Ivory

Post Tue, Jan 16 2018, 9:07 pm
I want it but the counter- culture connotations (in my community ) would be too heavy a price to pay. Anyone knows where I can get the little magnetic earrings? I would love those and wear them in certain settings (yeshivish for reference)
- also my job is in engineering sort of field, and being a woman, (and frum!) it’s in my best benefit to stay away from statements like that.

penguin

Post Tue, Jan 16 2018, 10:04 pm
Quote:
- also my job is in engineering sort of field, and being a woman, (and frum!) it’s in my best benefit to stay away from statements like that.
Please explain what the statement is, for those of us who are naive.

amother
Mint

Post Tue, Jan 16 2018, 10:54 pm
I am chassidish and have 2 piercings on each ear and I am planning on adding more. My mom was shocked when she saw it and she asked me once why I did it I told her I like it. However if I add more I know it will make a statement and my family will think I’m crazy but I DONT CARE. My life and I get to do what I WANT.

singleagain

Post Tue, Jan 16 2018, 10:58 pm
amother wrote:
I want it but the counter- culture connotations (in my community ) would be too heavy a price to pay. Anyone knows where I can get the little magnetic earrings? I would love those and wear them in certain settings (yeshivish for reference)

I just googled magnetic earrings and saw them available on Amazon, Walmart, and Clair's and that was just the top three

amother
Seafoam

Post Tue, Jan 16 2018, 11:47 pm
I did it three months ago, a tiny 2mm diamond on my left ear. It makes me really happy. It is so silly and cliché but it’s a reminder that I’m independent and decisive and genuinely me. It is also so tiny, people barely notice it but FWIW when they do they usually comment with surprise that it looks very pretty and feminine.

The woman who pierced my infant daughter’s ears did it for me! Very Happy

imasoftov

Post Wed, Jan 17 2018, 6:15 am
penguin wrote:
Quote:

I'm an engineer and my only concern about jewelry is whether it will fall into a piece of equipment and rattle around or cause a short.

DrMom

Post Wed, Jan 17 2018, 6:34 am
imasoftov wrote:
I'm an engineer and my only concern about jewelry is whether it will fall into a piece of equipment and rattle around or cause a short.

I'm an engineer too. Although I don't have double pierced ears, I know plenty of female coworkers who do. I don't think anyone even blinks at something so commonplace. It's not that unusual.

Last edited by DrMom on Wed, Jan 17 2018, 6:37 am; edited 1 time in total

DrMom

Post Wed, Jan 17 2018, 6:35 am
amother wrote:
Ive been wanting to get a second ear piercing for a very long time. Im frum, litvish. My dh doesnt mind but I know my parents wont be very happy. Been having a rough time recently and want to do something a bit outrageous (I usually tow the line with most things). Its not so common in my circles but it is done,. Just putting it out there... anyone btdt?

You're a grown married woman. Why do their opinions about your jewelry carry so much weight?

BrachaBatya

Post Wed, Jan 17 2018, 8:30 am
I say go for it.

tobee

Post Wed, Jan 17 2018, 10:00 am
Dr mom: It is unfortunately NOT acceptable in certain communities. My mom and I both would totally do it (luv luv the look!) except ppl. In our community would be horrified! It's so frustrating that this(no problem halachikly at all) is an 'issue' but I cant stick out like a sore thumb. Wish I lived out of town...

rivkam

Post Wed, Jan 17 2018, 10:04 am
If you wear a wig then it's really not a big deal coz you hardly see the piercing.
I personally have a second piercing and had a cartilage piercing. The cartilage one I stopped wearing when I covered my hair with a scarf coz the scarf would cover that piercing and irritate it.
I really think a second piercing isn't a big deal but remember you'll be stuck with a scar there. I know people who are very sensitive about these when they become more religious and there's nothing you can do about it.

amother
Ivory

Post Wed, Jan 17 2018, 12:00 pm
penguin wrote:
Quote:
I feel like the more I look standard and typical, the better off I am. I meet with investors and other important people, and I don’t want to stand out in any way or look less professional. There are barely any women in my field (and I’m young) so I feel like already have strikes against me.

amother
Smokey

Post Wed, Jan 17 2018, 12:13 pm
So op here..I ordered some magnetic studs to see what it looks like before I go for it..

amother
Emerald

Post Wed, Jan 17 2018, 1:13 pm
2 of my DD's forgot their earrings and their holes closed up. A little later they got them pierced again, and each developed a pretty large keloid growth behind the ear. I did a little research (make sure your filter is on high if you do this : ) and it seems a common result of more than one piercing.

Both had their keloids removed. One DD is now earringless.

Just something to consider.

amother
Smokey

Post Wed, Jan 17 2018, 2:50 pm
amother wrote:
2 of my DD's forgot their earrings and their holes closed up. A little later they got them pierced again, and each developed a pretty large keloid growth behind the ear. I did a little research (make sure your filter is on high if you do this : ) and it seems a common result of more than one piercing.

Both had their keloids removed. One DD is now earringless.

Just something to consider.

Thanks for that. I did some research and itit seems to say as a result of a foreign object on the skin. Doesnt sayto do with mutiple piercings...but ill look into it

Bnei Berak 10

Post Thu, Jan 18 2018, 5:12 am
OP, how old are you? Got children? I'm sure you are aware of that because of uncommon ear piercing your childen may not be accepted to certain schools or seminars. I'm sure you are also aware of that multiple holes is something considered very chiloni and non-Jewish. It's a thing of age too. Being in your 20's it could be OK. Being in your 40's ppl will think you need a phycologist to treat your emotional baggage from childhood cause it isn't suitable at that age.
Your ears, your decision. Just understand that you are doing a huge statement which could have consequences not only for you but for your children/husband too.

slushiemom

Post Thu, Jan 18 2018, 5:47 am
Bnei Berak 10 wrote:
OP, how old are you? Got children? I'm sure you are aware of that because of uncommon ear piercing your childen may not be accepted to certain schools or seminars. I'm sure you are also aware of that multiple holes is something considered very chiloni and non-Jewish. It's a thing of age too. Being in your 20's it could be OK. Being in your 40's ppl will think you need a phycologist to treat your emotional baggage from childhood cause it isn't suitable at that age.
Your ears, your decision. Just understand that you are doing a huge statement which could have consequences not only for you but for your children/husband too.

I'm so glad I live in a place where my jewelry is not considered a "huge statement".

OP, I got my 2nd hole in my left ear after I gave birth to my first kid, and my father was upset. It sucked, but we both got over it. (now he couldnt care less) I loved it so much and still do. I added more so I have 2 in each ear and a cartilage stud. all tiny diamonds. it sounds silly, but I look in the mirror and it makes me so happy every day.

Studious

Post Thu, Jan 18 2018, 6:39 am
Bnei Berak 10 wrote:

I’m in my forties and have a double piercing. To the best of my knowledge nobody thinks I need a psychologist. Could be wrong...
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics