Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
Tell me your Pesach shortcuts
Previous  1  2

shanie5

Post Sun, Mar 04 2018, 10:34 pm
https://www.factorydirectparty.com/

For affordable disposables. (frum company, nice people)

amother
Wine

Post Mon, Mar 05 2018, 12:03 am
Op here. Great suggestions - many of which I implemented last year and will repeat this year. Off topic a bit... last year I was pregnant on bedrest in the hospital till I had a c-section at 34 weeks... I was released from the hospital 1 week before Pesach. Needless to say it was a total barebones Pesach - one stepdaughter did all the shopping and cooking. My baby was in the NICU and I was recovering and shuttling back and forth from hospital and home. Both Yom Tov I walked to the hospital. My baby came home motzi Yom Tov. It's was unreal. Total tangent but I did learn how to cut corners. However, this year I'm hosting people and not looking to make it barebones, just easier.

BH I do have an extra freezer and a self cleaning oven. My housekeeper won't be able to pick up extra hours by me because she will be completely booked by others in the community. I love the idea of the "cooking marathon" - cooking in a big pot, back to back recipes. I do a lot of roasted veggies. And this discussion made me sure that I'm just going to close off my kitchen cabinets instead of clean them out - I'll use the counter tops and plastic Rubbermaid drawers and an small extra shelf I have on hand. Cleaning up is a big job that's why I need to use disposable. I'm just to tired when it's all done. We are on a budget but I'm going to spend the extra money on making my life less stressful.

essie14

Post Mon, Mar 05 2018, 9:04 am
OutATowner wrote:
Imasinger- can I please have your recipe for rolls? I need every bite my kids eat to be filling... no potato starch. Easy rolls sound too good to be true!

I'm not ImaSinger but here's my recipe for Pesach rolls

Boil these ingredients for 2 minutes:

1/3 cup oil
2/3 cup water
1/4 Tsp. salt
1 Tblsp sugar

add 1 cup matzah meal, stir and cool off flame
when cool beat in 3 eggs one at a time.
drop a tablespoon size ball on baking paper bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes and then lower to 350 degrees for about 15 minutes

Refrigerate or freeze.

imasinger

Post Mon, Mar 05 2018, 9:15 am
Mine is similar --

Preheat oven to 400.
1/2 C water, 1/2 C oil, 1 tsp sugar, 1/4 tsp salt, bring to a boil. Remove from heat, add 1 C matza meal (can be whole wheat for extra nutrition, if desired). Add 4 eggs, one at a time, beating well after each. Pour into muffin tins or make balls on cookie sheet. Bake 25 minutes.

I usually double this.

OutATowner

Post Mon, Mar 05 2018, 7:43 pm
Thank you essie and imasinger!! I'm so excited to try this as soon as I can buy matzah meal. My kids are very picky eaters and no, they will not eat if they're hungry. Every year they have major stomach issues an mood swings over Pesach. When they were younger we gave them kitniyos, but I feel like they're getting too old for that.
Thanks!!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics