Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Moving to Marine park!!
Previous  1  2

amother
Yellow

Post Sun, Feb 19 2023, 6:04 am
Welcome to Marine Park!

I used to work in NYC and I used to walk to the train instead of taking a bus and a train. It gave me great exercise and fresh air.

Marine park has a huge playground and the grounds are spectacular I go there as often as possible, and I love the nature center and the beach area.

There is plenty of shopping Ave N Supermarket, Kosher Palace, Shop Smart, Met Food.

Plenty of shuls and places to learn, events, woman's shiurim, tehilim groups depending on where you feel comfortable.

Everything is pretty much in walking distance you don't have to drive. I don't drive and I manage just fine.

Lot's of playgroups, schools, friendly neighborhood

amother
Hibiscus

Post Sun, Feb 19 2023, 9:24 am
We're currently looking at houses in Marine Park, hoping to move out of our 2 bedroom apartment over the summer. Is all the shopping walking distance? Are people comfortable with those who are different? I'm currently in a really tolerant neighborhood outside of Brooklyn and am hesitant to move my special needs child to a place where he may be judged and mistreated.

amother
Mustard

Post Sun, Feb 26 2023, 8:29 am
Marine park is as out of town as you can get while living in Brooklyn. There are different types of people here and in my opinion, it’s a very accepting community.

mommy3b2c

Post Sun, Feb 26 2023, 8:32 am
amother Hibiscus wrote:
We're currently looking at houses in Marine Park, hoping to move out of our 2 bedroom apartment over the summer. Is all the shopping walking distance? Are people comfortable with those who are different? I'm currently in a really tolerant neighborhood outside of Brooklyn and am hesitant to move my special needs child to a place where he may be judged and mistreated.

I have two houses for sale on my block . I LOVE my block. Very diverse and accepting . And I’ll be nice to you if you’re my Neigbor 😊

Oh, and at my corner is a grocery store, kitchen store, Chinese takeout, physical therapist , 4 Shuls, drug store, furniture store, sock/dry goods store, barber, and more.
Now everyone knows where I live 😂

amother
Buttercup

Post Sun, Feb 26 2023, 8:55 am
mommy3b2c wrote:
I have two houses for sale on my block . I LOVE my block. Very diverse and accepting . And I’ll be nice to you if you’re my Neigbor 😊

Oh, and at my corner is a grocery store, kitchen store, Chinese takeout, physical therapist , 4 Shuls, drug store, furniture store, sock/dry goods store, barber, and more.

What are the houses going for of I may ask? 🤗

amother
Scarlet

Post Sun, Feb 26 2023, 9:06 am
The people I know in Marine Park are very chilled and welcoming, in the best ways.

amother
Hibiscus

Post Sun, Feb 26 2023, 5:55 pm
mommy3b2c wrote:

I wonder if any of the houses dh saw today are on your block. I know he looked not far from the park today. It seems like every week he's looking at more houses. He didn't mention stores on the block.

amother
Hibiscus

Post Fri, Mar 17 2023, 7:29 am
What playgrounds with swings are near Avenue P and 34th? We're negotiating on a house there, and my autistic kid needs his swings. I want to know if we need to budget for a swingset on the deck or if there are good parks nearby.

amother
Papaya

Post Fri, Mar 17 2023, 7:57 am
Theres a park on M and 34 or 35, not sure if it has swings
Also, you can use the amenities of Mill Basin such as the grocery store Mill Basin Shuk, Dagan Pizza/Grill, House of Bagels, and they are building a new mikveh there as well

dovebird

Post Fri, Mar 17 2023, 8:15 am
amother Hibiscus wrote:
What playgrounds with swings are near Avenue P and 34th? We're negotiating on a house there, and my autistic kid needs his swings. I want to know if we need to budget for a swingset on the deck or if there are good parks nearby.

There is a park with swings on Nostrand Ave off of kings highway.

amother
Hibiscus

Post Sun, Mar 26 2023, 9:23 pm
We're looking deeper into marine park now. Today, dh looked at houses on hendrickson and r. I'm very concerned about the lack of shopping and swings in the area. Nothing is coming up as a short walk on Google searches. Are there parks and supermarkets in the area?

amother
Camellia

Post Sun, Mar 26 2023, 10:08 pm
amother Hibiscus wrote:
We're looking deeper into marine park now. Today, dh looked at houses on hendrickson and r. I'm very concerned about the lack of shopping and swings in the area. Nothing is coming up as a short walk on Google searches. Are there parks and supermarkets in the area?

The supermarket on n and 36 will deliver to you, even small items. Otherwise closest kosher supermarket will be kosher palace on u and 28 or shop smart on Nostrand and n, unless im forgetting something. There are swings in marine park. Can you put a swing in the backyard or even inside your house?

amother
Cerulean

Post Sun, Mar 26 2023, 10:21 pm
Are there any chassidish people living in that area?

amother
Mint

Post Sun, Mar 26 2023, 10:42 pm
amother Hibiscus wrote:

Hey I live on hendrickson and R. We go a lot to food universe that's on T &Flatbush for our fruits and veggies. They have a parking lot. It's not a Jewish store. We go on Sunday to moishas for our meats and chickens. If I need to fill in I go to ave N supermarket or shopsmart. No, it's not close by. It is difficult sometimes. There are plenty of parks in marine park. Way more than in midwood or Madison. The closest playground is. Flatlands and Coleman. There are baby swings there. Big kid and baby swings are in marine park. That is the other side of marine park. During the summer we like to go to snake park on U and e38. Baby swings only, but very cute park.

amother
Mint

Post Sun, Mar 26 2023, 10:45 pm
amother Cerulean wrote:
Are there any chassidish people living in that area?

If they are noticeably very chassidish looking then it's the neighborhood chassidish rabbanim. Otherwise there are many people with chassidish backgrounds who are JPF now that send to the regular local schools.

amother
Mint

Post Sun, Mar 26 2023, 10:48 pm
And just as an FYI there is a very close by shabbos mikvah in rabbi eichenstein shul

amother
Hibiscus

Post Mon, Mar 27 2023, 7:30 am
What about weekday mikvah? I can't remember the last time I went on Shabbos.

amother
Mint

Post Mon, Mar 27 2023, 10:55 pm
Weekdays the regular Flatbush mikvaos are available. There's the sefardic mikvah on r and e28. Only one bath there . Everything showers. I prep at home and rinse of there. There is halberstams mikvah on kings highway and N I think. There is ave L & ocean avenue mikvah . Ave S and e9.

amother
Hibiscus

Post Tue, Mar 28 2023, 7:05 am
I'm used to walking everywhere. I live in a small neighborhood where the entire Jewish community is within 5 blocks. I don't drive and am currently very spoiled in my current neighborhood. Every block has a supermarket (not Jewish but with kosher products) and a park with a playground. The mikva is a block away. I don't think that part of marine park is for me.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating