Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Do you think our income is high enough to pay a mortgage -
Previous  1  2  3  4

amother
Mauve

Post Fri, Apr 20 2018, 12:49 pm
amother wrote:
I see I lost track and confused Ruby with Lawngreen.. Regardless - I can totally understand 400K gross resulting in a fairly simple lifestyle with housing costs and tuition costs being what they are (and saving appropriately for retirement and simchas).

Really this has nothing to do with OP.

She to figure out (1) without savings and a significant drop in lifestyle can I make my mortgage payment today. (2) Can I do it and still save (3) will I be able to in 5 years (3) how long can I stomach not saving.

It has everything to do with OP, which is why I responded.

When people say "I'm barely getting by on $400,000," it gives pause to those who make less.

In this case, OP's income, particularly given the potential for increases, seems wholly sufficient to take on the mortgage she's contemplating. And she need not worry about people who are spending more on heaven knows what.

But I still recommend that OP try to live within what will be her expendable income, to make sure she can do it before committing.

amother
Maroon

Post Fri, Apr 20 2018, 12:59 pm
amother wrote:
It has everything to do with OP, which is why I responded.

When people say "I'm barely getting by on $400,000," it gives pause to those who make less.

In this case, OP's income, particularly given the potential for increases, seems wholly sufficient to take on the mortgage she's contemplating. And she need not worry about people who are spending more on heaven knows what.

But I still recommend that OP try to live within what will be her expendable income, to make sure she can do it before committing.

well turns out that no one was bragging about making 400K and barely getting by.

personally - I couldn't stomach not saving money. To me its a budget item like food and clothes..

but if you read back my comments to OP - you'd see we are in agreement.

amother
Lawngreen

Post Fri, Apr 20 2018, 2:18 pm
I actually was trying to be helpful to show OP that we get it done with comparable numbers, yes, living frugally and also yes, saving retirement money, but I see I just caused more debate and confusion. Sorry!
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating