Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
In search of excellent marriage therapist in five towns
Previous  1  2

amother
Navyblue

Post Tue, Jun 08 2021, 12:36 am
amother [ Eggplant ] wrote:
Tova Katz
TovaRKatz@gmail.com

How much does she charge? Do u have experience? a number to contact?

amother
Navyblue

Post Tue, Jun 08 2021, 12:36 am
amother [ Seafoam ] wrote:
Five towns is a wealthy area

not e/o is wealthy here lol

amother
Sapphire

Post Tue, Jun 08 2021, 12:41 am
amother [ Ecru ] wrote:
Besides Elisheva Liss, anyone have any recommendations??

Dvorah levy
www.dvorahlevylcsw.com/

amother
Seafoam

Post Tue, Jun 08 2021, 3:31 am
amother [ Navyblue ] wrote:
not e/o is wealthy here lol

Of course not lol. But there is a large contingency that is. Can’t deny that..Therefore she can charge such prices and there are people who can pay it. I doubt if her location was say Baltimore that she would be able to charge 350 a session

voiceofreason

Post Tue, Jun 08 2021, 4:15 am
Sorry- just chiming in here with an economist's perspective.

I know people can think it's unfair for a therapist to charge so much. But Elisheva Liss has a tremendous amount of name recognition and I'm sure there's a lot of demand for her services. The only way for her to reduce that demand is to charge a high price.

It's not thievery because I'm sure she is aware that there are plenty of other qualified practitioners that people can go to if they need. She may even be willing to recommend those other therapists.

It's not clear cut to assume that she is charging all that money to be mercenary. She doesn't strike me as the sort to take advantage of people's tzaros.
You also don't know what she does with those profits.

So let's not be so quick to shout greed.
If she were any cheaper, her waiting list would be even longer.

And you also don't know that she wouldn't reduce her rate for someone who desperately needed her.

But most people who need a therapist just need a very good therapist, not Elisheva Liss specifically, and so she is not denying those people anything by charging them a price that is higher than they are willing to pay. On the contrary- she is benefitting the less-famous but equally good therapists that no one would bother researching if Elisheva was affordable and available.

amother
Taupe

Post Tue, Jun 08 2021, 6:34 am
I charge a high hourly rate because I want to keep my client load down, because I want more time for my family and other interests.
I charge a high enough fee to discourage people from calling me. The more people call me the more I increase my rate because I want to keep the calls at bay.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries