Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Trying to understand this hashkafa concept
Previous  1  2

amother
Powderblue

Post Wed, Jun 27 2018, 5:54 pm
I say to Hashem whatever is good for me (or the two of us Wink ) then that's what should happen.

salt

Post Thu, Jun 28 2018, 2:15 am
This might be a bit simplistic but I see it kind of like a parent and child.
If you want something, ask for it, beg for it and cry - Hashem has a lot of rachamim, but He also knows the full picture, and if you don't seem get it, then accept His verdict with love, while at the same time, keep asking and never give up hope.
Not sure that makes sense.
ETA
Obviously not exactly the same, because a parent would lose patience if a child kept asking, but Hashem wants our prayers.

camp123

Post Thu, Jun 28 2018, 3:33 am
ultimately everything Hashem does is for the good, but we see it in this world as bad and so we need to relate to it as bad and daven that Hashem changes it. You are commanded to daven when you are in pain because we relate to events as we see them.
In this world we say baruch dayan haemet on bad things and hatov v'hamativ on good things, even though it is all really for the ultimate good. Just as we call it sun set and not earth moving even though it is really the earth moving. We relate to events through the reality that we see even though objectively the ultimate reality is different.

I really recommend reading Rabbi Tauber's book living with emunah and bitachon. (don't have it with me now, I think that is what it's called)
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics