Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
WAHM-- work at home moms
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

suomynona

Post Thu, Nov 22 2007, 4:41 am
Don't think my apartment is spic and span just because I have some cleaning help. They do the basics.
I have 2 women that come together for 1 hour and I pay them 91 shekel. They do the bathroom, kitchen and floors, but otherwise my apartment is pretty messy. Luckily I'm not the neat freak type so I can tolerate it better than a lot of other people would. But sometimes the state of my apartment does really bother me. But I have to prioritize, and I know that meals and laundry are more important than a spotless apartment.

As far as differentiating between work and home life, I think I have it easier than the posters above me because I work the same set hours every day. And I'm not the workaholic type. The same way I'd leave the office at 5:00 on the dot, I stop working as soon as my hours are up. When I said my hours are flexible, I meant that I have a say in which hours I work, but I still have the same schedule every day.

suomynona

Post Thu, Nov 22 2007, 4:43 am
creativemommyto3 wrote:
suomynona wrote:
Housework? what's that?

Before I go back to work, I'm stocking the freezer with about 8 weeks worth of supper because I won't have time to cook. I have cleaning help Tuesdays and probably the dishes will accumulate from the beginning of the week until then. (I plan on using disposables as much as possible). I'm thinking of getting someone for an hour on Thursday to the dishes that accumulate after Tuesday, and to fold all the week's laundry, which I hope I'll have time to throw into the machine.
Hopefully shabbos will get done... somehow.

Wow! what do you make? I would love to do that.

Do you mean what do I make for supper?

creativemommyto3

Post Thu, Nov 22 2007, 5:17 am
yes, sorry I wasn't specific

suomynona

Post Thu, Nov 22 2007, 5:23 am
baked shnitzel, meatballs, tuna patties, lasagna, meat lasagna, hamburgers, soups...
I have a weekly schedule. I basically serve the same type of food each week on specific days. So it wasn't hard to figure out what I need for 8 weeks.

Ribbie Danzinger

Post Thu, Nov 22 2007, 5:27 am
If we're all so busy working, how comes we're on here?

I work from home editing for Rav Yitzchak Ginsburgh shlit"a. But I have almost no deadlines and have been slacking for a long time.
The most difficult was during the school vacation. I just more or less stopped working altogether. How did you all cope then?

Now that I've had a baby, I have another excuse for not working. Financially, this is not so good.

mimivan

Post Thu, Nov 22 2007, 5:56 am
Ribbie Danzinger wrote:

I work from home editing for Rav Yitzchak Ginsburgh shlit"a. But I have almost no deadlines and have been slacking for a long time.
The most difficult was during the school vacation. I just more or less stopped working altogether. How did you all cope then?Now that I've had a baby, I have another excuse for not working. Financially, this is not so good.

The back end is slow at the website, so when I am waiting for it to load, I come on here. Needless to say, when the boss finally fixes the backend, you ladies might be hearing less from me.

How did I cope during summer vacation? The kids were like:

Banging head Shooting Arrow Puke

And I was: Bounce Shaking Exploding anger Help

That's how I was coping!

shalhevet

Post Thu, Nov 22 2007, 8:40 am
Ribbie Danzinger wrote:

WAHM are entitled to a coffee break too...
Very Happy
Seriously I usually come on for about half an hour in the morning to catch up on last night's threads, then I start working. During the (Israeli) morning it is fairly quiet here, so I pop in every half hour or hour or so and see what's new - only takes a few minutes.

Quote:

Baruch Hashem for deadlines! Tongue Out

Quote:

The most difficult was during the school vacation. I just more or less stopped working altogether. How did you all cope then?

Since my two oldest dds are 13 and 11, I would ask them to 'run the show' during the mornings here some days. Other days I would designate to take them out and/or do things with them. So they understood that they would have to help so as to free up time other days.
What I actually found the hardest about the holiday was the 'gamish' (elastic) bedtimes Mad that made it hard to work at night.
During bein hazemanim I slacked off and worked less hours.

rachel19977

Post Mon, Nov 26 2007, 12:06 am
suomynona wrote:
baked shnitzel, meatballs, tuna patties, lasagna, meat lasagna, hamburgers, soups...
I have a weekly schedule. I basically serve the same type of food each week on specific days. So it wasn't hard to figure out what I need for 8 weeks.

Mmm this sounds like a plan!

How do you make meat lasagna & tuna patties (what do you serve this with)??

Any good recipe for soup for a husband that doesn't like bland soups?

suomynona

Post Mon, Nov 26 2007, 3:28 am
rachel19977 wrote:
suomynona wrote:

Mmm this sounds like a plan!

How do you make meat lasagna & tuna patties (what do you serve this with)??

Any good recipe for soup for a husband that doesn't like bland soups?

Tuna patties: 4 cans tuna, about 2 T. mayo, 2 eggs, 1/4 c. matzo meal, garlic powder, 1 tsp. onion soup mix.
Make about 10-12 patties in greased pan. Bake for 20 minutes each side (or less). Can fry also.
I used to serve with plain pasta and either cooked brocolli or some type of soup. Now I just usually serve with this yummy mushroom barley veggie soup.

Meat Lasagna. Let me know if you want exact recipe. Basically it's cooked lasagna noodles layered with pasta sauce (the recipe I have has a specific recipe for the sauce), and chopped meat mixture, about 2 lbs. Bake uncovered for 2 hours.

What does your husband mean by bland soups? I would just put in more spices.

cdawnr

Post Mon, Nov 26 2007, 10:08 am
My dh is getting a little tired of the lack of housework and keeps saying we need a lceaning lady, so I told him to find one. But drawing the lines is really tough. Until we moved to Montreal, my kids were in daycare until 5:30 and I had time to work and run errands when I needed. Here I can't get daycare that goes later than 3 pm. BH I recently found a seminary girl who we are going to pay $10 an hour to be here two nights a week to play with the kids from 3-6. That way I work late hours (office in ny closes at 6) 2 nights a week and I won;t feel guilty the other days (I am not paid full time...when I started working an abbreviated schedule after #1 was born, I took a huge paycut. I have to keep reminding myself of that since I do have workaholic tendencies.)

rachel19977

Post Tue, Nov 27 2007, 12:41 pm
Yes, can I have the receipe for the meat lasagna?

cdawnr - did your dh really get a cleaning lady? What things that were "dirty" that he found that a cleaning lady was needed, if I may ask?

jewgal84

Post Tue, Nov 27 2007, 12:46 pm
TwinsMommy wrote:
spin off from the SAHM thread--- post here if you're a WAHM and tell us what you do! How many hours a week do you work?

Work with Medical Supplies, 24-25 hr/week.

rachel19977

Post Tue, Nov 27 2007, 12:59 pm
jewgal84 wrote:
TwinsMommy wrote:
spin off from the SAHM thread--- post here if you're a WAHM and tell us what you do! How many hours a week do you work?

From home?

cdawnr

Post Tue, Nov 27 2007, 1:17 pm
[quote="cdawnr - did your dh really get a cleaning lady? What things that were "dirty" that he found that a cleaning lady was needed, if I may ask?[/quote]

Um, not yet...but it is on his to do list...and I know he means it. THe truth is that we just moved into a house and it is a much bigger space then we had before nad he knows I dont have time. BUt in the old place I never had time to really scrub anything -- like the stove top and such. I am not a "cleaning person" by nature, so he knows it is very challenging for me because I don't enjoy it and always put it on the back burner. This new house also accumulates a lot of dust, fast! So if we just had someone doa good once over and the floors and such once every week or so that would make him happier. Oh, and now that my ds 3 has potty trained, well there is always that little boy missing problem.

jewgal84

Post Wed, Nov 28 2007, 9:19 am
rachel19977 wrote:
jewgal84 wrote:
TwinsMommy wrote:

From home?

Nopes, at the office, kids go to infant/child playgroup.

I used to work from home, but my kids needed more than that. They love other children, interaction, they get their naps they need, and hey, I love the break!!

shira

Post Tue, Dec 04 2007, 4:20 pm
I do network marketing. I work from my house for 15-20 hours a week. In my company, Agel Enterprises, regular people can make $5000/month (or more) without comprimising their family life. I make my own hours and I'm surrounded by a team of very special, caring, people who all want to help each other! The company is very respectful towards yiddishkiet and the needs of frum yiddin. I'd love to discuss this option with anyone who is interested. Feel free to PM me!

TwinsMommy

Post Tue, Dec 04 2007, 6:13 pm
Shira, it's interesting you mention Agel. I know quite a few frummies involved with Agel but none of them are making more than $1000 a month. How many people do you need in your downline to make $5000 a month?

You're not the one who wrote the letter to Readers Write about agel, are you? Smile

shira

Post Wed, Dec 05 2007, 12:28 am
No, I'm not the one who wrote the article Smile (though I heard that she got 150 phone calls in response!)
How long have your friends been working for AGEL? Its not a 'get rich quick' scheme. It takes time and you really have to put in the hours.
My 'mentor' in the business puts it the following way:
There are 3 ingredients to be successful in MLM in general:
1. the willingness tolearn a new business
2. the patience and foresight to be willing to hold out for a year until you start to see real pairos (and I've seen it happen!!!)
3. the dilligance to put in that 15 hours/week.
Im watching the people around me be very succsfful.........

GetReal

Post Wed, Dec 05 2007, 3:14 am
suomynona wrote:

Tuna patties: 4 cans tuna, about 2 T. mayo, 2 eggs, 1/4 c. matzo meal, garlic powder, 1 tsp. onion soup mix.
Make about 10-12 patties in greased pan. Bake for 20 minutes each side (or less). Can fry also.

Thanks for the recipe! I made these tonight, fried l'kavod Chanukah.

TwinsMommy

Post Wed, Dec 05 2007, 10:05 am
Shira, she got 150 calls, are you KIDDING????? From that letter??

Honestly, I don't know if anyone I know who does Agel works 15 hours a week on it. I'm guessing no, seeing as how they aren't making a full time income from it.
Page 2 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics