Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Finally... This guy isn't playing games
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7

amother
Lavender

Post Wed, Nov 28 2018, 9:41 am
Sebastian wrote:
He is protecting the schools who are being threatened by anti vaxers. No need to be bipartisan for that. They were looking for a figjt.

I guess I am not convinced by the hysteria of the schools and the vast majority of the frum population. And am looking for a bipartisan to truly evaluate the concerns and hear both sides.
The responses here imply that it is accepted fact that the situation warrants this hysteria.

That is something I am very much on the fence about.

When all that is presented is one side and its coupled with absolute condescension and derision of the other side - I find it hard to accept as truth!
Still ISO a true moderator.

amother
Green

Post Wed, Nov 28 2018, 10:18 am
amother wrote:
Gosh thays silly that I missed that.

I guess thats even more confusing. Why would Yated choose someone incapable of a bipartisan approach! And present him as unbiased.

And what I meant in my usage of bipartisan in that semtence I cut short is that I should forget any expectation of a bipartisan moderator.

Which I still mean.

Wow. I’m even more disillusioned !!

They asked him to speak because they respect his knowledge and credentials, and he's frum.

But you are right - in that anyone who is suspicious of a person who is a mainstream doctor, and/or affiliated with pharmaceutical industry will dismiss what he says because he is saying it. So his message is really just support for people who need chizzuk for vaccination.

There is really no debate. (and bipartisan is a term referring of people with different political philosophies working together).

amother
Lavender

Post Wed, Nov 28 2018, 10:58 am
amother wrote:
They asked him to speak because they respect his knowledge and credentials, and he's frum.

But you are right - in that anyone who is suspicious of a person who is a mainstream doctor, and/or affiliated with pharmaceutical industry will dismiss what he says because he is saying it. So his message is really just support for people who need chizzuk for vaccination.

There is really no debate. (and bipartisan is a term referring of people with different political philosophies working together).

OK. I guess I am not being clear. I am not mistrusting of the CDC - I do have some questions and am disturbed by the lack of ability to dialogue.
I am mistrustful of the hysteria in the frum community.
And the point I was trying to make was mostly in response to the Yated s report in which they presented Roberts as a neutral non-biased opinion! He is not. And is not open to dailogue or discussion.

I apologize for misusing the term bipartisan. As a non American- I guess I am puzzled by the attitude to medicine and the blind faith in the CDC. And Dr Roberts is not the address where I can voice my concerns and questions in an attempt to have a logical non-emotional discussion.
I have not labeled anyone anything more than - not neutral. ( my mistake is using the term bipartisan) and in response I feel ridiculed for having questions and daring not to accept the CDC gospel as fact.
For all I know I may agree -but the lack of dialogue is disturbing as is the name calling-
On both sides.
Still ISO a moderator

amother
Green

Post Wed, Nov 28 2018, 11:22 am
amother wrote:
OK. I guess I am not being clear. I am not mistrusting of the CDC - I do have some questions and am disturbed by the lack of ability to dialogue.
I am mistrustful of the hysteria in the frum community.
And the point I was trying to make was mostly in response to the Yated s report in which they presented Roberts as a neutral non-biased opinion! He is not. And is not open to dailogue or discussion.

I apologize for misusing the term bipartisan. As a non American- I guess I am puzzled by the attitude to medicine and the blind faith in the CDC. And Dr Roberts is not the address where I can voice my concerns and questions in an attempt to have a logical non-emotional discussion.
I have not labeled anyone anything more than - not neutral. ( my mistake is using the term bipartisan) and in response I feel ridiculed for having questions and daring not to accept the CDC gospel as fact.
For all I know I may agree -but the lack of dialogue is disturbing as is the name calling-
On both sides.
Still ISO a moderator

I guess I didn't play close attention to how Yateed represented the speaker.

Vaccination is basically universally (I mean in the world) accepted for certain diseases - certainly for measles. So its more than the CDC.

I hear you want someone to talk to. I'm not sure that Dr. Roberts, on speaking out on this, agreed to make himself available for questions.

There are medical doctors, like Dr. Sears who appear to take a middle of the road approach to vaccination.

My personal philosophy on the matter comes from a "social contract" way of thinking. There are things we need to do as members of a community, a city, a country. Vaccination is one of them. I know there is a lot of banter "I am the mother I choose what is best for me and my children". I think we get to make a lot of choice - but I also believe that I am not just for me, I am a member of something bigger - and so are my children. I do rely on medical professionals to guide me - as I rely on other professionals in other areas. That's my soap box.

sky

Post Wed, Nov 28 2018, 11:23 am
I know of at least one small school in Lakewood that was threatened with a lawsuit. For a school to hire lawyers takes away tuition money needed to educate students. At least someone is helping them.

I realize this person in the link below is not impartial at all but I found him to be so respectful in the comments section taking the time to respond even with so many sarcastic posts and explaining different studies that were done

http://www.thelakewoodscoop.co......html

southernbubby

Post Wed, Nov 28 2018, 11:37 am
amother wrote:
The point is that he is invested in the absolute belief in the CDC and isnt a biopartisan willing to hear both sides of the concerns.
SouthernBubby would be a good bipartisan moderator. -
Care to take the job global?
Thanks for being the voice of reason !!!

Thanks! I was just blessed this morning with a new grandson so maybe after his bris!

Chayalle

Post Wed, Nov 28 2018, 11:39 am
southernbubby wrote:
Thanks! I was just blessed this morning with a new grandson so maybe after his bris!

Mazal Tov! Much Nachas!

amother
Lavender

Post Wed, Nov 28 2018, 11:44 am
southernbubby wrote:

Mazal tov!!!!
Much nachas and brochos
Page 7 of 7   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7 Recent Topics