Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Miami without a car
Previous  1  2

clowny

Post Sun, Dec 22 2019, 8:26 am
amother [ Wine ] wrote:
Grand Beach on 48 is a five minute walk from kosher eateries, and the hotel is right on the beach. I wasn't impressed with the room though

The one on surfside is right on the beach too although they do have a location right across which is not right on the beach.
The rooms in the surfside location are
Nicer, youre right with that.
And it’s also closer to kosher restaurants than the 48 st location.

Amelia Bedelia

Post Sun, Dec 22 2019, 8:28 am
Grand Beach seems to be very expensive. We're not looking for luxury, just basic, comfortable, clean accommodations. Preferably $150/night or less.

amother
Salmon

Post Sun, Dec 22 2019, 8:30 am
This time of year, I don't think there would be much available for that price.
Maybe in the summertime....

amother
Pearl

Post Sun, Dec 22 2019, 8:32 am
How about staying in Wynwood? There are very nice Airbnbs for $70. I’m not sure how far it is from kosher stores though, or how practical it is.

ra_mom

Post Sun, Dec 22 2019, 8:36 am
Amelia Bedelia wrote:
Grand Beach seems to be very expensive. We're not looking for luxury, just basic, comfortable, clean accommodations. Preferably $150/night or less.

Stay on Collins Ave if you'll be without a car. In the 40s you'll be near the 41st Street eatery strip. In the 90s you'll be near the Surfside/Bal Harbor eateries.
Hotels are very costly. But the former Days Inn on 43rd should be closest to your budget and in the area you want. A Google search shows it's now called Lexington by Hotel RL Miami Beach.

Amelia Bedelia

Post Sun, Dec 22 2019, 8:59 am
Is Ocean Spray near kosher restaurants?

ra_mom

Post Sun, Dec 22 2019, 9:00 am
Amelia Bedelia wrote:
Is Ocean Spray near kosher restaurants?

Yes. Though the other hotel is nicer with more space IIRC. Also it is on the beach as opposed to across from the beach.

Amelia Bedelia

Post Sun, Dec 22 2019, 9:36 am
Thanks so much!

For additional options, how can I narrow my search on sites such as Priceline, Airbnb, VRBO, etc. for the area I want? And what are names of some kosher restaurants that are near the hotels?

ra_mom

Post Sun, Dec 22 2019, 9:45 am
Amelia Bedelia wrote:
Thanks so much!

For additional options, how can I narrow my search on sites such as Priceline, Airbnb, VRBO, etc. for the area I want? And what are names of some kosher restaurants that are near the hotels?

Priceline is hard if you want to stay on the beach. They narrow it down by area instead of by Collins. I suspect you'll be disappointed with the purchase. But you can look in Surfside, Bal Harbour, Mid Miami Beach. See if they have an option to tick off for close to the beach.

ra_mom

Post Sun, Dec 22 2019, 9:54 am
About restaurants, anything on Harding Ave in Surfside is easily accessible from Collins. You can walk over if you're staying in the 90s. Or you can take a bus straight down Collins if you're staying in mid-beach.
https://www.greatkosherrestaur.....sine=
Anything listed on 41st Street in Miami Beach is walkable from Collins Ave in the 40s and 30s (30s is South Beach and is a different crowd than you may want).

naturalmom5

Post Sun, Dec 22 2019, 10:10 am
It depends what you want to d...

I once went to Miami B, stayed at the CasaBlanca and the Crown
Another time at the Raleigh
Went to Parrot Jungle, Villa Viscaya, the neach , Saras pizza , some nice meat restaurants all by bus and train

I had a blast
This was over 20 years ago, but I imagine mass transit has improved since then
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics