Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
Nachlas/Bnos Esther Malka/Bnos Yaakov/Meoros
Previous  1  2  3

amother
Cerise

Post Thu, Sep 21 2023, 3:33 pm
amother Cyan wrote:
Yes for the most part. You will have a few in each grade that aren't. But the majority is simple and it has an oot feel, it's a really chilled crowd in a good way. My kids have no idea that brands even exist.

Your kids are probably young.

But it’s true that Nachlas is definitely more simple that some of the other schools listed above (but I am hearing from second hand) and like above poster said, that each class or grade will have some of the more with it children in each class or grade.

Even the more yeshivish schools have this for what it’s worth. Materialism is everywhere.

amother
Cyan

Post Thu, Sep 21 2023, 3:55 pm
amother Cerise wrote:
Your kids are probably young.

But it’s true that Nachlas is definitely more simple that some of the other schools listed above (but I am hearing from second hand) and like above poster said, that each class or grade will have some of the more with it children in each class or grade.

Even the more yeshivish schools have this for what it’s worth. Materialism is everywhere.

No my kids are in the older grades as well as younger grades. It is a simple school. I know the school well. And I know other schools have issues and nachlas doesn’t, my kids were shocked by the materialism in camp. It’s definitely from the least materialistic schools in Lakewood.

amother
Topaz

Post Thu, Sep 21 2023, 4:00 pm
amother Cyan wrote:
No my kids are in the older grades as well as younger grades. It is a simple school. I know the school well. And I know other schools have issues and nachlas doesn’t, my kids were shocked by the materialism in camp. It’s definitely from the least materialistic schools in Lakewood.

That’s what I’m looking for. Do I apply for kindergarten or primary?

amother
Cyan

Post Thu, Sep 21 2023, 4:20 pm
amother Topaz wrote:
That’s what I’m looking for. Do I apply for kindergarten or primary?

Usually primary. Generally they don’t have room in the kindergarten they only have 1 class and it’s all siblings.

amother
Chocolate

Post Thu, Sep 21 2023, 4:42 pm
Omg. They are all the same.
Honestly you wouldn't know the difference if I took 1 girl from each school and put them together and told you to decide.
And b4 the bashing comes.. I live here. And have 3 girls in school.
Wherever you get in be greatful at this point in life. At least they have a school.

amother
Cerise

Post Thu, Sep 21 2023, 8:23 pm
I also want to say that this is also very much child specific.

amother
Topaz

Post Thu, Sep 21 2023, 8:24 pm
amother Cerise wrote:
I also want to say that this is also very much child specific.

Can you explain what you mean

amother
Cerise

Post Thu, Sep 21 2023, 10:22 pm
amother Topaz wrote:
Can you explain what you mean

Whether they’ll care about brands or not.

amother
Topaz

Post Thu, Sep 21 2023, 10:25 pm
amother Cerise wrote:
Whether they’ll care about brands or not.

Of course to some extent it depends on the child. But if 50% of the class is wearing vs 15-20%, they are much more likely to be pressured into it and be very upset if I don’t give in.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children