Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Giving Gifts
Which Tiffany Pendants are in Style for Girls
Previous  1  2  3  Next

amother
Amber

Post Tue, Jan 01 2019, 6:53 pm
amother wrote:
Which Tiffany pendants are in style for preteens these days? It used to be the heart and then the round tag, but there are so many options now. Also, do girls engrave them? TIA.

A common one which happens to be my personal favorite is the mini double heart tag necklace. It looks really classy and can be worn with everything, dressed up or down.

The heart is always a classic.

I haven’t seen much engraving around but have seen it on occasion. (My sister who is s preteen says u can go either way )

And to all the naysayers, let’s keep the threads positive. OP was asking which style to get, not to be mocked by people in different circles where this may not be the right gift choice.

Different circles do different things. All preteens I know would be thrilled to receive this and it would not be considered inappropriately lavish.

dancingqueen

Post Tue, Jan 01 2019, 7:00 pm
The chain link bracelet with the heart charm was so popular when I was young. I loved mine at the time Smile

amother
Mint

Post Tue, Jan 01 2019, 7:00 pm
amother wrote:
If you are going to buy the older pieces, you can get great discounts buying them used. The newer ones are not discounted.

I opened a Tiffany blue box today with the ribbon on it. The piece is currently selling for $450. DH got it for $150. He also bought me a Tiffany ring today. It was less than half the amount Tiffany is selling it for.

Why do ppl here so insist on being cheap? And an Amazon gift card would not be appreciated — they get cash to pay for their work, and I’m sure save it or use it for specific things (ie camp canteen) and quite weird to get for a preteen, especially if they are more Yeshivish and may not even have online access.

My sister had tween girls that babysat for her often, they were so sweet and accomedating and really loved her children. We bought them wrapped beautiful gifts (they were israeli and we knew they would love Kipling bags- I think they were 80/120 range).

Op I think this gift will be appreciated and cherished. If u can afford it and want to go the extra mile. Kudos to u. Definitely spring for something in a box from a returnable store, even if cheaper than something u can get elsewhere so that they can exchange.

amother
Taupe

Post Tue, Jan 01 2019, 7:10 pm
amother wrote:
Why do ppl here so insist on being cheap? And an Amazon gift card would not be appreciated — they get cash to pay for their work, and I’m sure save it or use it for specific things (ie camp canteen) and quite weird to get for a preteen, especially if they are more Yeshivish and may not even have online access.

My sister had tween girls that babysat for her often, they were so sweet and accomedating and really loved her children. We bought them wrapped beautiful gifts (they were israeli and we knew they would love Kipling bags- I think they were 80/120 range).

Op I think this gift will be appreciated and cherished. If u can afford it and want to go the extra mile. Kudos to u. Definitely spring for something in a box from a returnable store, even if cheaper than something u can get elsewhere so that they can exchange.

Because it makes no sense to pay three times the price for the same item. I don't find that cheap. I find it not being stupid. There is no difference in the stuff I was given used today than those same items sold in the store, and the bow on the box was properly tied.

I suggested if buying new to get the latest items because those aren't discounted.

amother
Mint

Post Tue, Jan 01 2019, 7:14 pm
amother wrote:
Because it makes no sense to pay three times the price for the same item. I don't find that cheap. I find it not being stupid. There is no difference in the stuff I was given used today than those same items sold in the store, and the bow on the box was properly tied.

I suggested if buying new to get the latest items because those aren't discounted.

Because then they can’t exchange it

SleepingBeauty

Post Wed, Jan 02 2019, 8:52 am
I would love to buy second hand for my daughter, where did you get second hand in excellent condition?

amother
Amber

Post Wed, Jan 02 2019, 8:54 am
amother wrote:
If you are going to buy the older pieces, you can get great discounts buying them used. The newer ones are not discounted.

I opened a Tiffany blue box today with the ribbon on it. The piece is currently selling for $450. DH got it for $150. He also bought me a Tiffany ring today. It was less than half the amount Tiffany is selling it for.

Where from? I’d be interested in buying...

Amarante

Post Wed, Jan 02 2019, 8:59 am
Be careful when buying Tiffany jewelry from any place other than Tiffanys or an authorized representative.

The silver jewelry is WIDELY replicated by Chinese counterfeiters and is difficult to tell from the authentic. I had friends who used to buy it from sources in China and it was almost impossible to tell from the authentic unless you held it side by side.

amother
Taupe

Post Wed, Jan 02 2019, 9:17 am
amother wrote:
Because then they can’t exchange it

To buy a $450 necklace for $150, I would take the risk. I have been buying Tiffany as gifts for more than 4 decades, and never had anyone not delighted.

watergirl

Post Wed, Jan 02 2019, 9:19 am
amother wrote:
Where from? I’d be interested in buying...

I have this necklace that I was actually looking to sell locally, its the same necklace but the heart is plain (does not have words on it) other than "Tiffany & Co" in small print on the back. They dont make it like this anymore, you have to buy the chain and charm separately. So its this charm https://www.tiffany.com/jewelr.....88216
on this style https://www.tiffany.com/jewelr.....=310.

I bought it at the store in Beverly Hills a number of years ago and I have no receipt. If you are interested, pm me.

amother
Amber

Post Wed, Jan 02 2019, 9:23 am
amother wrote:
To buy a $450 necklace for $150, I would take the risk. I have been buying Tiffany as gifts for more than 4 decades, and never had anyone not delighted.

I’d risk if guaranteed it was authentic because it would still hold value . But to be stuck with a fake , not worth it

Amarante

Post Wed, Jan 02 2019, 9:34 am
Tiffanys has a whole page for gifts under $250. Obviously one is paying for the Tiffanys name but assuming the gift is in the budget, there is no one I know who isn't thrilled to open up the blue box.

Obviously for the baby who has everything but how charming is this silver feeding spoon - certainly it would be something that would be passed down through the generations.

https://www.tiffany.com/access.....s=188
[/img]

DrMom

Post Wed, Jan 02 2019, 11:02 am
amother wrote:
I must be old, or maybe I have crawled out from under a rock. I have never heard of Tiffany tag necklaces, and I must say to my untrained eye they are plain old ugly!
A tag necklace that says return to Tiffany's? Whats the elegance?

I know I am missing something here. Can someone please explain? .

ITA
I think they are ugly and tacky and overpriced.

imasoftov

Post Wed, Jan 02 2019, 11:04 am
Amarante wrote:
Tiffanys has a whole page for gifts under $250. Obviously one is paying for the Tiffanys name but assuming the gift is in the budget, there is no one I know who isn't thrilled to open up the blue box.

Obviously for the baby who has everything but how charming is this silver feeding spoon - certainly it would be something that would be passed down through the generations.

I remember when growups used to wear tiny spoons on necklaces as status symbols, well symbols of something ...

SixOfWands

Post Wed, Jan 02 2019, 11:20 am
imasoftov wrote:
I remember when growups used to wear tiny spoons on necklaces as status symbols, well symbols of something ...

Symbol of cocaine use?

cfriedman2

Post Wed, Jan 02 2019, 1:44 pm
I have this one https://m.tiffany.com/jewelry/.....os=16

and this one https://m.tiffany.com/jewelry/.....01461

both inexpensive and I love both of them

MrsDash

Post Wed, Jan 02 2019, 1:49 pm
SixOfWands wrote:
Symbol of cocaine use?

LOL LOL LOL

They look like my mezuzah necklace too. (anyone remember those? Do they still make them?)

Maya

Post Wed, Jan 02 2019, 2:10 pm
DrMom wrote:
ITA
I think they are ugly and tacky and overpriced.

I don’t think it’s ugly, I just don’t understand the significance of the phrase or why someone would want to wear those words. I like the rectangular tag with the splash of blue on the bottom, but the words are so off putting.

amother
Denim

Post Wed, Jan 02 2019, 2:18 pm
My DD was given a gold heart shaped lock from Tiffany’s by her uncle for her bat mitzvah. She loves it.

amother
Amethyst

Post Wed, Jan 02 2019, 2:19 pm
Amarante wrote:

https://www.tiffany.com/access.....s=188

Someone got this for me as a baby present. (And no, my baby didn't have everything. Smile ) I had no idea what to do with it when plastic baby spoons worked just as well without my having to worry about throwing them in the garbage by mistake.

If my DC wants the spoon for their own children, they are more than welcome to it, but I can't really see this as a gift that is worth passing through the generations. As of now, it's sitting in its blue box and tarnishing.

Not that I needed a gift, but for that price, you can get a whole lot of stretchies...
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics