Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
3 Tickets to the Interen play Tuesday
  Previous  1  2  3 9 10  11  12  Next

amother
Jade

Post Wed, Mar 29 2023, 6:02 pm
If everyone connected to HCS had the opportunity to see the last 2 live shows would have been nice to give others a chance but there's obviously big bucks here that interen can't give up on.

amother
Jade

Post Wed, Mar 29 2023, 6:06 pm
amother Tealblue wrote:
I really hope they aren’t treating their children’s disappointment the way they are treating theirs. What a horrible way to teach kids how to deal with disappointment in life by redirecting anger onto others.

Why don't you find a different thread to bash people on. I think your acting way more horrible than the mothers who are disappointed for their kids...!!!

amother
Valerian

Post Wed, Mar 29 2023, 6:10 pm
amother Tealblue wrote:
I really hope they aren’t treating their children’s disappointment the way they are treating theirs. What a horrible way to teach kids how to deal with disappointment in life by redirecting anger onto others.
Is this somehow personal for you? I don't get what's so hard to understand that people are frustrated about how it went down, and have found a safe way to release their frustration.

There's nothing wrong with venting, out of the earshot of the children, a private forum. Nothing. There's IS something wrong with hyperbole and exaggerations in an attempt to shut down a discussion.

If you don't like the conversation, the adult thing to do is close the thread and move on.

amother
Leaf

Post Wed, Mar 29 2023, 6:10 pm
amother Tealblue wrote:

You are a relentless bully! GO AWAY! Find something else to do.

amother
Broom

Post Wed, Mar 29 2023, 7:26 pm
amother Jade wrote:
If everyone connected to HCS had the opportunity to see the last 2 live shows would have been nice to give others a chance but there's obviously big bucks here that interen can't give up on.

I never heard of hcs before this thread.
Who says “hcs people” (whatever that means) all chopped tickets for all the shows? I didn’t read the whole thread but it seems that lots of women were sitting in front of many screens way before they officially went for sale to get tickets. So if they went up 20 minutes before the advertised time, they could be all sold out. And if each woman was buying for her children and in-laws and nephews and grandsons etc then they’re for sure done.
It’s a very good life lesson to be disappointed sometimes. Not everything comes to someone just because they want it. It’s a mature life lesson. Just like we tell our kids we daven to HaShem and sometimes the answer is no and we accept it.
Accept it.
And hopefully next year the play can be in a bigger place with more seats. And I’m sure if the complainers here would sponsor they might be able to rent out an arena.
And sometimes sponsoring is cheaper than buying lots of tickets.

amother
Sapphire

Post Wed, Mar 29 2023, 7:30 pm
I understand the frustration, and like I said before, I really feel sorry for kids who were hoping to go. What I don’t understand is why people are upset that staff members took tickets for themselves, if they wouldn’t have taken the tickets, only bought it online like everyone else there still wouldn’t have been enough tickets. So why does it matter how they got it? Bottom line is that there are not enough tickets.

amother
Daffodil

Post Wed, Mar 29 2023, 9:26 pm
amother Sapphire wrote:
I understand the frustration, and like I said before, I really feel sorry for kids who were hoping to go. What I don’t understand is why people are upset that staff members took tickets for themselves, if they wouldn’t have taken the tickets, only bought it online like everyone else there still wouldn’t have been enough tickets. So why does it matter how they got it? Bottom line is that there are not enough tickets.

It's amazing from reading this thread the entitlement that comes through. A company produces a play, they decide it's worth it for them to partner with an organization, they give out tickets early to play staff.

That's all within the company's right!

The company doesn't owe anyone, anything! I have absolutely zero with the interen company, and I feel so bad for the boys who were chalishing to go who can't.

The fact that many boys are disappointed, doesn't mean anything bad about this company. It means they have a great product and they are entitled to decided how to give out or sell their tickets. It's their product. They don't owe anyone a play, even if the last two years they didn't make one.

But the entitlement on this thread... wow...

amother
Red

Post Wed, Mar 29 2023, 9:47 pm
amother Maple wrote:
I'm literally referring to a friend of mine and a conversation we had. I fail to see what the issue is. Can you explain? We were having a good laugh at how I worked so hard to get tickets for my boys and she isn't really all that interested in going.

If thats the case let her give u her tickets..

hodeez

Post Wed, Mar 29 2023, 9:50 pm
Man I could've made so much money, I didn't take the tickets because we have no interest in a Yiddish play LOL

crust

Post Wed, Mar 29 2023, 9:54 pm
Bottom line does anyone have 3 tickets for me?

Thanks

amother
Jade

Post Wed, Mar 29 2023, 10:07 pm
amother Daffodil wrote:
It's amazing from reading this thread the entitlement that comes through. A company produces a play, they decide it's worth it for them to partner with an organization, they give out tickets early to play staff.

That's all within the company's right!

The company doesn't owe anyone, anything! I have absolutely zero with the interen company, and I feel so bad for the boys who were chalishing to go who can't.

The fact that many boys are disappointed, doesn't mean anything bad about this company. It means they have a great product and they are entitled to decided how to give out or sell their tickets. It's their product. They don't owe anyone a play, even if the last two years they didn't make one.

But the entitlement on this thread... wow...

With all due respect, the company should have never advertised this show will be open to the public if that wasn't the case. The last 2 plays weren't advertised so nobody had expectations or "entitlement". If you advertise something than u do owe it to the public! The kids saw the ads and got all riled up to go. Even if it was just 1 ad! Nobody knew that Hcs was taking 2 whole shows and there would be very limited seats when ticket sales begin. If they did perhaps they would have lowered their expectations. Stop bashing people if you don't understand the facts.

amother
Leaf

Post Wed, Mar 29 2023, 10:08 pm
crust wrote:

Thanks

Be on the lookout in the daily paper (dvar yoim) this week and next week for ticket sales.

Stars

Post Wed, Mar 29 2023, 10:09 pm
crust wrote:

Thanks

Looking to swap three $55 Monday day tickets for Tuesday tickets

amother
Leaf

Post Wed, Mar 29 2023, 10:14 pm
amother Jade wrote:
With all due respect, the company should have never advertised this show will be open to the public if that wasn't the case. The last 2 plays weren't advertised so nobody had expectations or "entitlement". If you advertise something than u do owe it to the public! The kids saw the ads and got all riled up to go. Even if it was just 1 ad! Nobody knew that Hcs was taking 2 whole shows and there would be very limited seats when ticket sales begin. If they did perhaps they would have lowered their expectations. Stop bashing people if you don't understand the facts.

This. The play used to be for the public. For the past few years, it was only for HCS families, which was very upsetting for everyone else. And now finally they're advertising that they're doing a show for the public again, but with 2 shows exclusively for HCS, but only for the public to find out that HCS people took many of the public tickets to give away, leaving a tiny amount of tickets for the public that's excited that the play is finally open to them again.
And since HCS took it over, they take a way way smaller venue than what it used to be in, which causes even less tickets to be available to the public. HCS is slowly taking over all kosher entertainment and outlets available. It's horrible what they're doing and many people are just fed up and frustrated. And rightfully so. They're not even doing live hook-up to the play. People feel gypped.

amother
Brickred

Post Wed, Mar 29 2023, 10:26 pm
there is no teusday show it was fake news

amother
Jade

Post Wed, Mar 29 2023, 10:29 pm
amother Brickred wrote:
there is no teusday show it was fake news

This is fake news. There is a Tuesday show.

amother
Navyblue

Post Wed, Mar 29 2023, 10:29 pm
amother Leaf wrote:
This. The play used to be for the public. For the past few years, it was only for HCS families, which was very upsetting for everyone else. And now finally they're advertising that they're doing a show for the public again, but with 2 shows exclusively for HCS, but only for the public to find out that HCS people took many of the public tickets to give away, leaving a tiny amount of tickets for the public that's excited that the play is finally open to them again.
And since HCS took it over, they take a way way smaller venue than what it used to be in, which causes even less tickets to be available to the public. HCS is slowly taking over all kosher entertainment and outlets available. It's horrible what they're doing and many people are just fed up and frustrated. And rightfully so. They're not even doing live hook-up to the play. People feel gypped.

HCS did not take away public tickets

amother
Brickred

Post Wed, Mar 29 2023, 10:30 pm
amother Leaf wrote:

HCS did not take any tickets from mondays play! it went for actors families who paid full price. in addition its in NJPAC like it always was nothing smaller.

Do you even know how much money it is to put on a play?!?!
NO so stop bashing them for taking HCS as a sponsor they always had sponsors but now its just one big one so that Interin doesnt need to be in the red like every other play.

amother
Valerian

Post Wed, Mar 29 2023, 10:32 pm
amother Leaf wrote:

This! Thank you for expressing it so clearly. Posters are not venting just because they've missed the boat here. They're venting because it's happening one time too many. We shouldn't be prioritizing one group to the point where it really becomes detrimental for everyone else around them. There has to be a balance where all different members of society have access to venues. Regular kids also need outlets and entertainment. Their parents also need to be able to provide that to them without having to resort to difficult logistics. Community options should be available to all.

amother
Leaf

Post Wed, Mar 29 2023, 10:43 pm
amother Navyblue wrote:
HCS did not take away public tickets

I know for a fact that they did. I also know that some actors backed out because of this whole HCS stink. They think because they're sponsors they get to dictate and control. It became a big fight and people backed out.
HCS is taking over too much already. It's time for some push back.
Page 10 of 12   Previous  1  2  3 9 10  11  12  Next Recent Topics