Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
3 Tickets to the Interen play Tuesday
  Previous  1  2  3 10  11  12  Next

amother
Salmon

Post Wed, Mar 29 2023, 10:45 pm
amother Leaf wrote:
I know for a fact that they did. I also know that some actors backed out because of this whole HCS stink. They think because they're sponsors they get to dictate and control. It became a big fight and people backed out.
HCS is taking over too much already. It's time for some push back.

I work for HCS (not lower down) and it's interesting that I have not heard any of this. Can it be made up?

amother
Navyblue

Post Wed, Mar 29 2023, 10:46 pm
[quote="amother Leaf"]I know for a fact that they did. I also know that some actors backed out because of this whole HCS stink. They think because they're sponsors they get to dictate and control. It became a big fight and people backed out.
HCS is taking over too much already. It's time for some push back.[/quotes

actors backed out when?

amother
Jade

Post Wed, Mar 29 2023, 10:49 pm
amother Valerian wrote:
This! Thank you for expressing it so clearly. Posters are not venting just because they've missed the boat here. They're venting because it's happening one time too many. We shouldn't be prioritizing one group to the point where it really becomes detrimental for everyone else around them. There has to be a balance where all different members of society have access to venues. Regular kids also need outlets and entertainment. Their parents also need to be able to provide that to them without having to resort to difficult logistics. Community options should be available to all.

Yes, not everyone is in a position to take their kids on massive trips or overnights. My son told me he wishes he had a sibling in HCS. That is not ok. Interen owes us nothing but they needed our business years ago and now their throwing us under the bus because HCS bought them out. They can make their own business decisions but don't expect ppl not to be angry when they said this show is public and when it comes down to it there are barely any seats available.

amother
Lightcoral

Post Wed, Mar 29 2023, 10:54 pm
amother Brickred wrote:
HCS did not take any tickets from mondays play! it went for actors families who paid full price. in addition its in NJPAC like it always was nothing smaller.

Do you even know how much money it is to put on a play?!?!

NO so stop bashing them for taking HCS as a sponsor they always had sponsors but now its just one big one so that Interin doesnt need to be in the red like every other play.

I don't know how much it costs but I do know there are people who are making a decent amount of money on plays plus video sales. Years ago when my hs put on a play we definitely made $.
Recently Mishpacha interviewed Boruch Perlowitz who produced Desperate Measures, plays and shows can be profitable.

amother
Maple

Post Wed, Mar 29 2023, 11:09 pm
amother Red wrote:
If thats the case let her give u her tickets..

Her tickets are for Sunday's play for HCS families only

amother
Leaf

Post Wed, Mar 29 2023, 11:21 pm
amother Salmon wrote:
I work for HCS (not lower down) and it's interesting that I have not heard any of this. Can it be made up?

It's not made up.

amother
Fern

Post Wed, Mar 29 2023, 11:42 pm
amother Lightcoral wrote:
I don't know how much it costs but I do know there are people who are making a decent amount of money on plays plus video sales. Years ago when my hs put on a play we definitely made $.
Recently Mishpacha interviewed Boruch Perlowitz who produced Desperate Measures, plays and shows can be profitable.

I do know from one of the main actors that for years they were barely breaking even. If he would calculate all the hours he spent working on this show and divide it by the pay/ profit he would be earning just a few cents per hour.
So I'm not sure it's a huuuge money making business. It's definitely a huuuge headache.
Don't forget they're also dealing with idiot moisdosen that ban attending these shows whenever they can.
I heard that the reason they didn't advertise in print was because they didn't want moisdosen to start with their ban drivel.
Years ago, one season, they worked really hard with the menahlim, had meetings with them to discuss how to make sure it's all kosher and won't be banned. And when it came lmasseh the chedarim banned it anyway. You can imagine what that feels like.

Anyway with all that said I do feel that this whole HCS exclusivity is a bit unethical/unfair. I do understand that they need the money and it was probably too good to turn away.
But the fact is they built their Interen brand with the המון עם. The many excited kids from all over the heimish communities are the ones who became their fan base and how they got their strong appeal. You can't build a brand without loyal fans.
And now that they are already an established "zach" they're sort of dumping their fan base for HCS money.

Like every other area in life, once government money comes into the picture it corrupts the whole market. Think of section 8 and the rise in rental prices it caused. Alas. It is what it is.

amother
Maple

Post Wed, Mar 29 2023, 11:56 pm
amother Fern wrote:
I do know from one of the main actors that for years they were barely breaking even. If he would calculate all the hours he spent working on this show and divide it by the pay/ profit he would be earning just a few cents per hour.
So I'm not sure it's a huuuge money making business. It's definitely a huuuge headache.
Don't forget they're also dealing with idiot moisdosen that ban attending these shows whenever they can.
I heard that the reason they didn't advertise in print was because they didn't want moisdosen to start with their ban drivel.
Years ago, one season, they worked really hard with the menahlim, had meetings with them to discuss how to make sure it's all kosher and won't be banned. And when it came lmasseh the chedarim banned it anyway. You can imagine what that feels like.

Anyway with all that said I do feel that this whole HCS exclusivity is a bit unethical/unfair. I do understand that they need the money and it was probably too good to turn away.
But the fact is they built their Interen brand with the המון עם. The many excited kids from all over the heimish communities are the ones who became their fan base and how they got their strong appeal. You can't build a brand without loyal fans.
And now that they are already an established "zach" they're sort of dumping their fan base for HCS money.

Like every other area in life, once government money comes into the picture it corrupts the whole market. Think of section 8 and the rise in rental prices it caused. Alas. It is what it is.

This

amother
Diamond

Post Thu, Mar 30 2023, 12:22 am
amother Leaf wrote:
I know for a fact that they did. I also know that some actors backed out because of this whole HCS stink. They think because they're sponsors they get to dictate and control. It became a big fight and people backed out.
HCS is taking over too much already. It's time for some push back.

This is absolutely not true. There is no pushback. Whatever HCS has it’s because it was given to them. All the main interen actors are still part of the show. The rest of the cast is always changing and it has nothing to do with HCS.

amother
Red

Post Thu, Mar 30 2023, 12:37 am

Like every other area in life, once government money comes into the picture it corrupts the whole market. Think of section 8 and the rise in rental prices it caused. Alas. It is what it is.[/quote]

But all these HCS kids would have gone to the play HCS or not

Every singe jewish boy in the tristate area went/ goes to the interen plays

So now HCS sponsors it and treats their "kids" to go for free..
How and why is this corrupt
How is HCS money changing anything

Interen fan base is very much still alive and strong

amother
Fern

Post Thu, Mar 30 2023, 1:02 am
amother Red wrote:

But all these HCS kids would have gone to the play HCS or not

Every singe jewish boy in the tristate area went/ goes to the interen plays

So now HCS sponsors it and treats their "kids" to go for free..
How and why is this corrupt
How is HCS money changing anything

Interen fan base is very much still alive and strong

Not necessarily. I personally know a few families that have/ had no interest but went because a family member works there and they got free tickets so why not.

Fact remains that quite a large percentage of said fanbase was left feeling disappointed and like they never had a fair chance even to grab a ticket.

Whatever, I have no skin in this game as my kids are older and not very interested anymore. And if we really wanted tickets, dh's friend is connected and we must likely could've gotten tickets before they went on sale.
I'm just giving perspective as I see it.

amother
Fern

Post Thu, Mar 30 2023, 1:05 am
I'm wondering if this not a good opportunity for a new cast and production company to make their "in" and develop their own fanbase. Maybe if kids will be disappointed a few seasons in a row they might gravitate to something new.

amother
Khaki

Post Thu, Mar 30 2023, 1:23 am
How much $$$$ does HCS receive from the government?? It's non stop what they workers get from them for free....

It's upsetting because many kids couldn't get tickets. And all HCS workers get unlimited even though their family isn't into it but they are going because it's free entertainment

amother
Diamond

Post Thu, Mar 30 2023, 3:20 am
amother Fern wrote:

So much misinformation here. They didn’t dump their fan base. The only reason they put up with all the difficulties and the financial strain of the plays is for the kids! The only reason hcs got 2 shows is because Interen was afraid the moisdos would assur and they wouldn’t be able to sell out 4 shows and they would lose a lot of money. Moisdos have no power over HCS so they can easily sell out 2 shows btwn their clients and their families and friends. And btw, unless you’ve got $650k to help fund a play, don’t judge them for taking hcs money. A play costs over a million dollars to make.

amother
Maple

Post Thu, Mar 30 2023, 10:16 am
amother Diamond wrote:
So much misinformation here. They didn’t dump their fan base. The only reason they put up with all the difficulties and the financial strain of the plays is for the kids! The only reason hcs got 2 shows is because Interen was afraid the moisdos would assur and they wouldn’t be able to sell out 4 shows and they would lose a lot of money. Moisdos have no power over HCS so they can easily sell out 2 shows btwn their clients and their families and friends. And btw, unless you’ve got $650k to help fund a play, don’t judge them for taking hcs money. A play costs over a million dollars to make.

They didn't intentionally dump their fan base but they did prioritize others over the fans. They certainly have great intentions and do fantastic work. We all love the plays. They do a great job. I don't judge them for taking HCS money- they needed it. You can't put together a play without someone laying out big bucks. To all the fans that were waiting four years for this play, though, the way the ticket sales were done was upsetting. In addition to the two plays that are exclusively for HCS, HCS also purchased a significant percentage of the tickets for the other plays before the public had the opportunity to buy any.

amother
Foxglove

Post Thu, Mar 30 2023, 10:27 am
I committed on there Instagram page regarding this whole hcs business, two minutes later it was taken down. I smell a rat.

amother
Maple

Post Thu, Mar 30 2023, 10:29 am
amother Foxglove wrote:
I committed on there Instagram page regarding this whole hcs business, two minutes later it was taken down. I smell a rat.

I think they're just not looking for negativity. I hope they change their mind and do live hookups for at least the Tuesday play.

giftedmom

Post Thu, Mar 30 2023, 10:35 am
amother Foxglove wrote:

They’re being bombarded with criticism I guess they want their Instagram page to remain a place for updates not venting

amother
Navyblue

Post Thu, Mar 30 2023, 10:49 am
amother Maple wrote:
They didn't intentionally dump their fan base but they did prioritize others over the fans. They certainly have great intentions and do fantastic work. We all love the plays. They do a great job. I don't judge them for taking HCS money- they needed it. You can't put together a play without someone laying out big bucks. To all the fans that were waiting four years for this play, though, the way the ticket sales were done was upsetting. In addition to the two plays that are exclusively for HCS, HCS also purchased a significant percentage of the tickets for the other plays before the public had the opportunity to buy any.

HCS did NOT purchase a significant percentage of the public plays. The End

amother
Maple

Post Thu, Mar 30 2023, 11:03 am
amother Navyblue wrote:
HCS did NOT purchase a significant percentage of the public plays. The End

They sure did. Listen to the interview with people who work for the play on Kol Mevaser from last week. They said that actors, HCS, other sponsors, as well as connected people had a chance to buy tickets in advance. That's how I knew that it would be mostly sold out before it even comes online. I knew they wouldn't give that heads up if it were only one or two tickets. Search "אינטערן" on this page and listen to the interviews. I warned my sons that I'll try to buy them tickets but no promises.

https://www.yiddish24.com/cat/38
Page 11 of 12   Previous  1  2  3 10  11  12  Next Recent Topics