Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
3 Tickets to the Interen play Tuesday
  Previous  1  2  3  10  11  12

amother
Leaf

Post Thu, Mar 30 2023, 11:07 am
amother Navyblue wrote:
HCS did NOT purchase a significant percentage of the public plays. The End

Of course they did. Purchased/took a large part of the public tickets in addition to their 2 exclusive plays.

amother
Latte

Post Thu, Mar 30 2023, 1:18 pm
What is HCS? How is there so much government funding for 2 full plays? Is this something that popped up with all the crazy amount of government funding during COVID.

I think people sometimes forget that "regular" kids need outlets too, you can't take over everything with the "special needs" kids come first, all the time.

amother
Maple

Post Thu, Mar 30 2023, 1:36 pm
http://sndup.net/z3y9

listen to this snippet from the interview

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Thu, Mar 30 2023, 1:39 pm
Wow I wish we had something like hcs here in Lakewood. We don’t get any funding for that type of thing.

amother
Maple

Post Thu, Mar 30 2023, 1:43 pm
The latest interview is really nice though https://www.yiddish24.com/cat/38

amother
Honeysuckle

Post Thu, Mar 30 2023, 8:33 pm
amother Latte wrote:
What is HCS? How is there so much government funding for 2 full plays? Is this something that popped up with all the crazy amount of government funding during COVID.

I think people sometimes forget that "regular" kids need outlets too, you can't take over everything with the "special needs" kids come first, all the time.

HCS is literally taking over every fun and extra-curricular program where I live. Just because they can pay more money the regular kids are losing out. As someone mentioned earlier, it’s like with the school vouchers and section 8, etc. and don’t get me started with how many pple just take advantage even when they don’t qualify. It is what is.

amother
Diamond

Post Sun, Apr 02 2023, 12:36 am
amother Leaf wrote:
Of course they did. Purchased/took a large part of the public tickets in addition to their 2 exclusive plays.

HCS had their 2 plays. Nothing else. No clue where you’re taking this info from.

amother
Diamond

Post Sun, Apr 02 2023, 12:42 am
amother Maple wrote:
They didn't intentionally dump their fan base but they did prioritize others over the fans. They certainly have great intentions and do fantastic work. We all love the plays. They do a great job. I don't judge them for taking HCS money- they needed it. You can't put together a play without someone laying out big bucks. To all the fans that were waiting four years for this play, though, the way the ticket sales were done was upsetting. In addition to the two plays that are exclusively for HCS, HCS also purchased a significant percentage of the tickets for the other plays before the public had the opportunity to buy any.

This is not true. HCS did not purchase any other tickets aside from the 2 shows that were given to them.

amother
Brickred

Post Sun, Apr 02 2023, 12:50 am
amother Lightcoral wrote:
I don't know how much it costs but I do know there are people who are making a decent amount of money on plays plus video sales. Years ago when my hs put on a play we definitely made $.
Recently Mishpacha interviewed Boruch Perlowitz who produced Desperate Measures, plays and shows can be profitable.

they are not profitable it costs over 1m to produce a play you do not make profit from dvd sales because before you have a chance to sell them they are already illegally copied and distributed. regarding the interview in mishpacha pls don't believe everything you read there a lot of it was not true.

I am not just saying this I have first hand info from the producers distributors and actors

amother
Lime

Post Sun, Apr 02 2023, 1:00 am
They may or may not make profit from DVD sales etc. but I hope they will let us rent their videos for streaming on Chol Hamoed! We rent them as a special treat and was hoping to watch an Interen (maybe last year's) as a "trip," but right now YiddishPlays.com only sends you to the ticket site.

amother
Leaf

Post Sun, Apr 02 2023, 1:13 am
amother Diamond wrote:
This is not true. HCS did not purchase any other tickets aside from the 2 shows that were given to them.

This is false information.

amother
Brickred

Post Sun, Apr 02 2023, 2:13 am
amother Lime wrote:
They may or may not make profit from DVD sales etc. but I hope they will let us rent their videos for streaming on Chol Hamoed! We rent them as a special treat and was hoping to watch an Interen (maybe last year's) as a "trip," but right now YiddishPlays.com only sends you to the ticket site.

try streaming them from nigunmusic.com

amother
Lime

Post Sun, Apr 02 2023, 2:16 am
amother Brickred wrote:
try streaming them from nigunmusic.com

We've done that, but they don't have all of them and are more expensive.

amother
Navyblue

Post Sun, Apr 02 2023, 2:24 am
amother Leaf wrote:

You know this firsthand? Because I have verified to the contrary from someone closely involved in the interen productions from its inception. It's really not ok to spread negative hearsay

amother
Foxglove

Post Sun, Apr 02 2023, 8:49 am
amother Navyblue wrote:
HCS did NOT purchase a significant percentage of the public plays. The End

Actually they said otherwise

amother
Leaf

Post Sun, Apr 02 2023, 9:19 am
amother Navyblue wrote:
You know this firsthand? Because I have verified to the contrary from someone closely involved in the interen productions from its inception. It's really not ok to spread negative hearsay

Yes, firsthand.

Mjay

Post Mon, Apr 10 2023, 8:31 am
I have 3 tickets in 4th tier $55 for the interen play for tomorrow. Looking to switch with someone for today's 1pm show. Anyone interested please dm me. Thanks in advance

amother
Diamond

Post Mon, Apr 10 2023, 9:21 pm
amother Leaf wrote:

It’s actually a fact and whomever is telling you otherwise is wrong.
Page 12 of 12   Previous  1  2  3  10  11  12 Recent Topics