Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Orlando for 2 days, please help restaurant, park!!
Previous  1  2  3  Next

mommy3b2c

Post Sun, Jun 16 2019, 6:13 pm
amother [ Jetblack ] wrote:
we enjoyed animal kingdom- not as crowded but still a beautiful safari and a few good rides and beautiful to walk around
worst one is mgm studios
epcot is also my favorite and disney world is just an overrated amusement park

It’s not mgm anymore it’s hollywood studios and that’s my favorite.

If I was doing two I would choose Hollywood studios and animal kingdom. But since you were never there I would say you should do magic kingdom and stay till the firework show. And then also animal kingdom. I’ve only done Epcot a couple of times so I can’t remember that much about it:

mommy3b2c

Post Sun, Jun 16 2019, 6:14 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
So many to choose from!!
Is it practical to go to Disney with kids my ages? (8,5,2.5) also what park is on cheaper side? Thanks everyone I really appreciate it!

They’re all the same price. I thinks it’s $112 a ticket.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 16 2019, 6:40 pm
mommy3b2c wrote:
They’re all the same price. I thinks it’s $112 a ticket.

Thank you! And how does it work, can you go to same park for 2 days in a row? (on one ticket?)
Or are the parks small so people don't spend more than a day there?

Also any restaurants not in the parks?

gigi3

Post Sun, Jun 16 2019, 6:55 pm
We went to legoland. It’s an hr away and a lot of fun for young kids. The tickets were abt $65 thru undercover tourist

mommy3b2c

Post Sun, Jun 16 2019, 7:05 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thank you! And how does it work, can you go to same park for 2 days in a row? (on one ticket?)
Or are the parks small so people don't spend more than a day there?

Also any restaurants not in the parks?

The parks are huge. It’s almost impossible to finish in one day. But I would still recommend trying two. There are hopper tickets that let you go from park to park and go to the same park two days in a row but it will be more expensive.

There is a restaurant about 15 minutes away. It was very good.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 16 2019, 8:46 pm
mommy3b2c wrote:
The parks are huge. It’s almost impossible to finish in one day. But I would still recommend trying two. There are hopper tickets that let you go from park to park and go to the same park two days in a row but it will be more expensive.

There is a restaurant about 15 minutes away. It was very good.

OK thank you!!
What's the name of the restaurant?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 16 2019, 8:53 pm
I'm looking online,
Is there basically 4 theme parks and 2 water parks in Orlando? Or am I missing something?
And also none of the theme parks are called Disney?

Thanks for all your help!

amother
Gray

Post Sun, Jun 16 2019, 8:57 pm
Check out fun spot and magical midway for 2 cheaper fun places for kids. Went to orlando few times and the kids enjoy the smaller cheaper places more then the theme parks.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 16 2019, 9:00 pm
amother [ Gray ] wrote:
Check out fun spot and magical midway for 2 cheaper fun places for kids. Went to orlando few times and the kids enjoy the smaller cheaper places more then the theme parks.

Thank you!

amother
Brown

Post Sun, Jun 16 2019, 9:16 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I'm looking online,
Is there basically 4 theme parks and 2 water parks in Orlando? Or am I missing something?
And also none of the theme parks are called Disney?

Thanks for all your help!

These are Disney.

Magic Kingdom Park
Epcot
Disney’s Hollywood Studios
Disney’s Animal Kingdom Theme Park
Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon Water Park
Disney’s Blizzard Beach Water Park

Universal Studios is a whole other company with its own theme parks.

https://www.universalorlando.c......html

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 16 2019, 9:24 pm
amother [ Gray ] wrote:

Thank you! Yes I actually think I'll take the kids here... Any more info I'll really appreciate!
Is it like a theme park just in smaller?

amother
Gray

Post Mon, Jun 17 2019, 11:29 am
its an amusement park but no lines

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jun 17 2019, 1:00 pm
amother [ Gray ] wrote:
its an amusement park but no lines

Thank you so much! I can't thank you enough!!

One more question... Would you say it's a little similar to the theme parks or would you describe it just like a regular amusement park?

amother
Coral

Post Mon, Jun 17 2019, 1:12 pm
I wouldn’t shlep for 2 days to Orlando just to go to fun spot.. if your going, you should aim to spend at least a day in magic kingdom or one of the bigger parks. It will make wonderful memories for your kids. Fun spot is similar to say Luna Park in Coney Island.
In Orlando, you have a few Disney parks, the main one being magic kingdom. You also have universal, there’s a sea world, and around 40 min drive out the area is LEGOLAND.
Each day of Disney and universal needs it’s own ticket, but there are hopper tickets if you want to spend 2 or more days at either.. A look on their website will give you a better understanding of that.
For magic kingdom you need at least a day there, we were there not too long ago with a 10 yr old, 8 and 5 year old. They kept going from morning until the fireworks and then went for more rides!
The kosher restaurant is called kosher grill and it’s really good! There are other options, definitely a pizza store.. the chabad website will give you a list of kosher options. Winn Dixie has a kosher section too...

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jun 17 2019, 1:20 pm
amother [ Coral ] wrote:
I wouldn’t shlep for 2 days to Orlando just to go to fun spot.. if your going, you should aim to spend at least a day in magic kingdom or one of the bigger parks. It will make wonderful memories for your kids. Fun spot is similar to say Luna Park in Coney Island.
In Orlando, you have a few Disney parks, the main one being magic kingdom. You also have universal, there’s a sea world, and around 40 min drive out the area is LEGOLAND.
Each day of Disney and universal needs it’s own ticket, but there are hopper tickets if you want to spend 2 or more days at either.. A look on their website will give you a better understanding of that.
For magic kingdom you need at least a day there, we were there not too long ago with a 10 yr old, 8 and 5 year old. They kept going from morning until the fireworks and then went for more rides!
The kosher restaurant is called kosher grill and it’s really good! There are other options, definitely a pizza store.. the chabad website will give you a list of kosher options. Winn Dixie has a kosher section too...

OK thank you!
Do you know anything about Disney Springs?

amother
Coral

Post Mon, Jun 17 2019, 1:35 pm
Disney springs is like a large Disney themed outdoor mall, it has bowling, a movie theatre, a LEGO store, and other interactive stores like that. you can probably get ice cream or ices, and there are also outdoor musical performances going on as you walk around. Again, it’s super nice as a filler (we took a picnic dinner there and walked around for an hour or 2, and our children enjoyed) but it’s not the main attraction of a trip to Orlando!

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jun 17 2019, 2:41 pm
If you buy tickets to a theme park in advance, are they cheaper?

amother
Blue

Post Wed, Jun 19 2019, 7:44 pm
OP, also hoping to go in a couple of weeks and with similar aged kids. Would love help figuring out where to stay. Did you decide that yet?
Also, is legoland north or south of Orlando? Thank you!!

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 19 2019, 7:47 pm
amother [ Blue ] wrote:
OP, also hoping to go in a couple of weeks and with similar aged kids. Would love help figuring out where to stay. Did you decide that yet?
Also, is legoland north or south of Orlando? Thank you!!

No idea! We going next week, my husband booked some random hotel I can ask him!
I'm still trying to figure out what we will do, can keep you posted! I've literally planned this vacation from all the info I got here on this thread thanks to everyone!!!

UQT

Post Thu, Jun 20 2019, 10:38 pm
I found the easiest way to get food was to order from the restaurants. For a $25 fee they deliver to the parks. I got it around 3 - so it was a late lunch/early supper and we were able to get by with fillers like granola bars, fruit and pastries.

I've gone with my kids to the parks a few times. We come when it's open and stay until the very end. Can't say we haven't had our moments when it felt too overwhelming - but here are indoor places in magic kingdom that you can use to regroup - the Tiki room or Presidents place, or Walt Disney caresol of progress that's indoor, air conditioned and dark so you can rest for a bit.

Lego land is great for middle age kids - but keep in mind the height restrictions. It's been a few years since I went but my 3 year old wasn't allowed to go on any rides but 2 or 3 of them and the meltdowns made the whole day stressful.

I agree to sticking to Disney World. Hopping from park to park is overwhelming with kids. Pick one place and stick with it. Plan to spend lots of money on drinks and ices since it's super hot. Wear comfortable shoes. Rent a double stroller - kids ages 7 and down will want to be wheeled at least half the day. Pick your rides before hand (make sure to order tickets and get your Fastpass) so you know where you are going.

Have a great time!
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics