Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Men behaving inappropriately!
Previous  1  2

amother
Powderblue

Post Wed, Jun 19 2019, 10:05 pm
You should try to find another job. Let's just say the frum companies don't have the best track records and they don't pay women very well either. I went from making 25k at a frum company to making 160k in a secular company, within a year. And news flash - I work from home on Fridays and get plenty of leeway with regard to the holidays as well. And no one would ever dare do something like that in my secular company (but they were plenty inappropriate at the frum place).

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 19 2019, 10:31 pm
amother [ Powderblue ] wrote:
You should try to find another job. Let's just say the frum companies don't have the best track records and they don't pay women very well either. I went from making 25k at a frum company to making 160k in a secular company, within a year. And news flash - I work from home on Fridays and get plenty of leeway with regard to the holidays as well. And no one would ever dare do something like that in my secular company (but they were plenty inappropriate at the frum place).

Thanks all for the kind words and links and advice. This guy is the owners relative and apple of his eye. I do earn a pretty buck according to what my peers earn in similar frum companies. I’ve worked super hard and worked my way up to my current position. I did contact a lawyer that I’ve dealt with before. I’m taking some hours off now anyways since kids are having yeshiva/school break. I’ll have to collect my thoughts n feeling and decide how to pursue this.

amother
Seagreen

Post Wed, Jun 19 2019, 10:50 pm
Is this guy a 'frum' person? I'm having such a hard time wrapping my head around this! Hugs OP I can't imagine how traumatic this must have been Sad

crust

Post Wed, Jun 19 2019, 11:03 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thanks all for the kind words and links and advice. This guy is the owners relative and apple of his eye. I do earn a pretty buck according to what my peers earn in similar frum companies. I’ve worked super hard and worked my way up to my current position. I did contact a lawyer that I’ve dealt with before. I’m taking some hours off now anyways since kids are having yeshiva/school break. I’ll have to collect my thoughts n feeling and decide how to pursue this.

Good for you for contacting a lawyer OP.
How are you going to face this (man) peice of dirt tomorrow? Even for less hours!
What a nightmare.

Forrealx

Post Thu, Jun 20 2019, 4:51 am
Before I went to uni I had jobs as kinda nurse (it was in the NL I don't know of a system like that elsewhere I was allowed to clean and to do minor health things but not real nursing as in injetctions) Anyhoo there have been times I had kinda the same that clients where harrasting me, I always reported it but I was also in a different position.
If you need sustance and this job you can keep it. This happens a lot of women he is just a guy who gets down on these things it is what makes him h0rny.
So what do you do? BOUNDERIES. He cleary wants to scare you off or want you to feel uncomfortable that is what these men want. Don't give him that. How awefuil it is what he did don't give him that. Talk with someone about it you trust. After my first time that a patient was harrasting me I wetn to my family doctor and talked with her just for 10 minutes. She told me she had the same experiences and that it was good I came to her, that you feel so weird after these things and that someone did it just to have a reaction. Trust me there are tons of women who are #metoo and who can relate to your story.

I see now you posted in the middle of my night (GMT+1 haha) so you are probably in the US. Good that you have a lawyer ask her/him for advice and for the rest keep you head up and tlak with someone about it is there a shalom taskforce for abuse which is not domnestic you can call? feel fee to PM me I can talk with you I dealt with it.

ROFL

Post Thu, Jun 20 2019, 7:19 am
New York has sting s-xual harassment laws.
Get proof of it on video texts and emails. Complain to the bosses and have proof that they did not follow thru
You can sue them and then not worry about working

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jun 20 2019, 8:20 am
amother [ Seagreen ] wrote:
Is this guy a 'frum' person? I'm having such a hard time wrapping my head around this! Hugs OP I can't imagine how traumatic this must have been Sad

Frum??? He’s considered from the finest. I don’t get to actually ‘see’ him on a daily basis. He works a lot out of office. And men work in completely diff wing. I’ve requested to finish the project on my own (which should be any day) and Bh, hashem is so good to me, I was given permission to. My lawyer is in touch with the important people in the picture. I feel safer and a little better after a nights sleep and that matters are taken care of.

FranticFrummie

Post Thu, Jun 20 2019, 11:49 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Frum??? He’s considered from the finest. I don’t get to actually ‘see’ him on a daily basis. He works a lot out of office. And men work in completely diff wing. I’ve requested to finish the project on my own (which should be any day) and Bh, hashem is so good to me, I was given permission to. My lawyer is in touch with the important people in the picture. I feel safer and a little better after a nights sleep and that matters are taken care of.

OP, I am so happy to see your update, and that you've gotten some direction and clarity on this. Let your lawyer take it from here, be prepared to record, and act as cool as a cucumber in the meantime.

Know that the wheels are turning in your favor, and that it might just take time.

Most importantly, you can rest assured that Hashem sees EVERYTHING, and that justice WILL come to him sooner or later.

If the guy is married, I really feel sorry for his wife. Sad
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics