Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Thank you Frantic Frummie! Jojoba Oil!
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

myself

Post Sun, Jul 07 2019, 7:56 am
amother [ Bronze ] wrote:
Can this be used in place of eye cream as well?

Not in my experience.

amother
Pink

Post Sun, Jul 07 2019, 7:59 am
SuperWify wrote:
Anyone else allergic to it? I put in on my face and could not stop itching. Which is a pity because it felt nice!

No but I don't think it's doing anything for me.

Amalia

Post Sun, Jul 07 2019, 8:03 am
amother [ Mustard ] wrote:
Amlactin foot cream. I buff my callouses first, then cream and socks before bed.

Thank you! I will look into it

amother
Natural

Post Sun, Jul 07 2019, 8:06 am
I really love how this makes my skin feel. I've been using it every night and I wake up feeling so soft and less dry than I used to. In the morning I use my regular Neutrogena moisturizer since my makeup doesn't go on well over the jojoba oil.

Sunny Days

Post Sun, Jul 07 2019, 11:13 am
ra_mom wrote:
It's not for me either. Seems it's best for people with dry skin. Those who are prone to breakouts usually already have dewy skin and don't need this - plus it seems to sprout whatever is under the skin.
I used it once. If anyone in Brooklyn wants a new bottle, let me know!

I’ve used it in the past for dry peeling scalp on my daughter. Worked great. So before you give it awAy- maybe you can find other uses.

amother
Smokey

Post Tue, Jul 09 2019, 6:09 pm
How do I go about using it
at night?
In the morning? Both?
After cleanser? Instead? Before moisturizer? Instead?
Please ,anyone with dry skin please help.

whewpy

Post Tue, Jul 09 2019, 8:08 pm
Do any local stores sell jojoba oil? I checked target and Walgreen and they had no clue what I'm talking about

creditcards

Post Tue, Jul 09 2019, 8:23 pm
Anyone used this for curly frizzy hair to make is smooth? How do you use it. Before shampooing or after? Wet or dry hair? Before brushing or after brushing?

flapsmom

Post Tue, Jul 09 2019, 10:29 pm
Amalia wrote:
By the way, can someone recommend a good product to smooth and soften soles of feet? (I already tried Kerasol.)

O'Keefes has been miraculous for me! A little goes a long way.

devash1

Post Wed, Jul 10 2019, 1:03 am
Thank you FF!!! I bought it at wow a couple of weeks ago and my skin that was so red and blotchy looks so much better! They told me to put it on at night since you shouldn't have it on in the sun.

Simple1

Post Wed, Jul 10 2019, 2:37 am
whewpy wrote:
Do any local stores sell jojoba oil? I checked target and Walgreen and they had no clue what I'm talking about

Maybe Ulta if you have one where you live?

little neshamala

Post Wed, Jul 10 2019, 4:41 am
amother [ Smokey ] wrote:
How do I go about using it
at night?
In the morning? Both?
After cleanser? Instead? Before moisturizer? Instead?
Please ,anyone with dry skin please help.

So when I researched this I found that Brittish socialite countess Raine Spencer (princess dianas stepmother) credited her use of jojoba oil 3 times per day for her beautiful skin. (If you google her there are pictures of her at 85 looking radiant). So it looks like you can use it once a day, or twice, or even more like she did, as long as your skin is fine with it. Personally im using it now morning and night
Definitely do it after you shower.

Dont stop using your cleanser. Cleanse, and use this after, like a moisturizer.

Some people use it instead of moisturizer, some together with it.

Massage it into your skin until its mainly or totally absorbed

whewpy

Post Wed, Jul 10 2019, 5:22 am
Never heard of ulta. I'm in the US and am trying to find it locally

amother
Slategray

Post Tue, Aug 27 2019, 3:20 pm
FF, I just have to say a huge thank you! I gained a lot of weight recently and that together with my persistent acne and blotchy face didn't do much for my self-confidence. I started using the oil about 3 weeks ago, and the first few days my acne flared up terribly, but now my skin if softer and clearer than it has been in years! I don't know if others notice a difference, but I sure do! Thank you, thank you, thank you!
Do you happen to have any recommendations for a good cleanser for verrry sensitive skin?

amother
cornflower

Post Tue, Aug 27 2019, 6:33 pm
Quote:
FF, I just have to say a huge thank you! I gained a lot of weight recently and that together with my persistent acne and blotchy face didn't do much for my self-confidence. I started using the oil about 3 weeks ago, and the first few days my acne flared up terribly, but now my skin if softer and clearer than it has been in years! I don't know if others notice a difference, but I sure do! Thank you, thank you, thank you!
Do you happen to have any recommendations for a good cleanser for verrry sensitive skin?

I use this, make sure to get the creamy, not foaming. It's super gentle and not at all drying.
https://www.amazon.com/Neutrog.....?th=1

amother
Sapphire

Post Tue, Aug 27 2019, 7:49 pm
I'm so tempted to try this. But I have rosacea. Does anyone know if this is ok to use when you have rosacea?

FranticFrummie

Post Wed, Aug 28 2019, 5:51 am
amother [ Sapphire ] wrote:
I'm so tempted to try this. But I have rosacea. Does anyone know if this is ok to use when you have rosacea?

It's excellent for rosacea. It won't clog your pores, and it's actually very soothing. A lot of treatments are too harsh and drying. What you need is something that will get your skin to calm down and even out.

You may have a big break out at first, as your pores open up and let out a lot of blocked gunk, but after that it will heal up a lot nicer. Jojoba also treats acne scars, and helps prevent new ones.

FranticFrummie

Post Wed, Aug 28 2019, 5:56 am
creditcards wrote:
Anyone used this for curly frizzy hair to make is smooth? How do you use it. Before shampooing or after? Wet or dry hair? Before brushing or after brushing?

After showering, damp-dry your hair, and use pure coconut oil. Twist it up or put a snood on, and leave it overnight. When you brush it out in the morning it will be soft and smooth.

Only use a little bit of coconut oil, just enough to help the brush get through. If you need an intense treatment on the ends, concentrate it there, and then slowly work towards the scalp, without going all the way to the crown.

Only shampoo your hair twice a week, and use coconut oil every single time. Get your split ends trimmed regularly, and your hair will be gorgeous. All of this is especially true if you are trying to grow your hair long.

FranticFrummie

Post Wed, Aug 28 2019, 6:02 am
ra_mom wrote:
It's not for me either. Seems it's best for people with dry skin. Those who are prone to breakouts usually already have dewy skin and don't need this - plus it seems to sprout whatever is under the skin.
I used it once. If anyone in Brooklyn wants a new bottle, let me know!

The first couple of times you use it, you might break out really badly. This is because all of your pores are getting opened, and the trapped gunk is finally coming out.

If you stick with it, your skin will heal beautifully, and stay clear.

Use it at night, on a damp face. Just a couple of drops on your fingertips, and massage in well. Night time is when all of the cell turnover happens. Your skin doesn't actually do anything during the day, so it's best to put it on before bed.

Don't use it in the morning if it is going to make your makeup slide off.

jewish613

Post Wed, Aug 28 2019, 6:27 am
Can jobaba oil be used for eczema? How about getting rid of stretch marks?
Page 4 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics