Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
More privacy or more kids on the block
Previous  1  2  3

mha3484

Post Mon, Jul 29 2019, 2:44 pm
I choose my block because of the location. I thought it was a very nice middle ground in terms of quiet, nice neighbors but not overwhelming. There is also a great park almost in my back yard. I am in very central location so when my kids are older they can walk to friends in different directions. These are all important things for me since I dont want to buy a house again.

In reality, its a mixed bag. My direct neighbor is a very nice non jewish family and the oldest child who is high school aged is into stuff that is normal for that age and culture but not for my kids (8 and under). We had a big issue with fire crackers the week of July 4th for example. The other parents are not out watching and dont seem to care that their kids hang out with him so there are a lot of social interactions that happen that I dont like for my kids. I say NO a lot and my oldest gets frustrated but I see that as my job as a parent. I think I would still say no a lot if I lived on a block with more frum families. Nothing in life is perfect.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jul 30 2019, 2:41 pm
LEMON wrote:
Keep in mind kids grow up very fast. You have to enjoy the block. If you like busy or quiet that's your decision. You will stay living in that house and your kids will have flown the nest.

It's a rental.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating