Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
What to give one year old in bottle
Previous  1  2  3  Next

pesek zman

Post Wed, Sep 04 2019, 5:32 pm
amother [ Beige ] wrote:
curious - why did you feed your baby a chocolate milk bottle?

Reminds me of my aunt who put sugar in her kids babyfood.

amother
Beige

Post Wed, Sep 04 2019, 5:34 pm
amother [ Salmon ] wrote:
Because he was almost 2 and didn’t want to drink milk anymore

Okay - interesting solution.

Chana Miriam S

Post Wed, Sep 04 2019, 6:44 pm
Feed him real food.

It’s not the milk style substance in the bottle, it’s the bottle. Give him food right away and then the bottle with water in it. Babies eat when hungry. Maybe he is thirsty. Maybe he just wants a cuddle. He’s young, he will get used to it and not remember what he did before. Don’t walk in with a bottle. Cuddle then feed good. Then give him a bottle.

Last edited by Chana Miriam S on Wed, Sep 04 2019, 6:49 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Periwinkle

Post Wed, Sep 04 2019, 6:46 pm
amother [ Beige ] wrote:
curious - why did you feed your baby a chocolate milk bottle?

Getting a jump on insulin resistance?

amother
Lemon

Post Wed, Sep 04 2019, 7:02 pm
When my baby wakes up I give him a sippy cup with water and start him off with some Cheerios.

amother
Salmon

Post Wed, Sep 04 2019, 7:24 pm
No one tells breastfeeding mothers to stop at a year even though the child can clearly eat food.

There’s nothing wrong with year old babies looking for comfort in drinking from a bottle. It should not be discouraged.

At that age they should be drinking formula, milk, water or very diluted juice. I never gave Apple juice due to lack of nutrition but I did give diluted orange juice at a young age.

simba

Post Wed, Sep 04 2019, 7:27 pm
OP. You can change this subject to “mommy shaming”.

ectomorph

Post Wed, Sep 04 2019, 7:28 pm
Every child is different. If your child is underweight, you need to increase the calories. Try adding a drop of milk to a bottle of water and increase slowly.

Chocolate syrup is very good for an underweight child, but I don't recommend for a chubby one. My children tend to be underweight (it runs in the family). When an underweight child get sick, it can get very serious. So you want to make sure that they are getting enough calories.

amother
Taupe

Post Wed, Sep 04 2019, 7:57 pm
amother [ Salmon ] wrote:
Because he was almost 2 and didn’t want to drink milk anymore

Why did he need to drink milk?

The nutritional value of milk is way overrated. Once you turn it into chocolate milk, it has no positive value whatsoever.

allthingsblue

Post Wed, Sep 04 2019, 8:02 pm
My pediatrician was very adamant that my kids needed to drink milk, even if it meant chocolate milk. He said it was for vitamin D and calcium (yes, I know there are other sources but this is an easy source). So mommy who gave chocolate milk, don't feel too bad. Just brush those teeth Wink and try not to give any other juices or sugary drinks- let water fill in the rest.

I agree this thread is full of mommy shaming and it's wrong. I've met women who give their one year olds Lolly pops, and the kids survive. No mommy can be perfect all the time, and often the stress of getting a child to eat/drink properly can be alleviated with tricks like chocolate milk or ketchup.

amother
Mauve

Post Wed, Sep 04 2019, 8:03 pm
amother [ Taupe ] wrote:
Once you turn it into chocolate milk, it has no positive value whatsoever.

That doesn't make any sense. Turning it into chocolate milk may add sugar, but it doesn't remove any of the nutrients.

amother
Taupe

Post Wed, Sep 04 2019, 8:05 pm
amother [ Mauve ] wrote:
That doesn't make any sense. Turning it into chocolate milk may add sugar, but it doesn't remove any of the nutrients.

My doctor holds that milk is no where near as nutritional as everyone makes it out to be.

So yes, of course I don't mean that the nutrients magically disappear when you add in the chocolate. But, as a cost-benefit analysis, there's not much point in having it anymore.

allthingsblue

Post Wed, Sep 04 2019, 8:08 pm
amother [ Taupe ] wrote:
My doctor holds that milk is no where near as nutritional as everyone makes it out to be.

So yes, of course I don't mean that the nutrients magically disappear when you add in the chocolate. But, as a cost-benefit analysis, there's not much point in having it anymore.

Where do you get calcium and vitamin d from? Do you eat enough eggs, broccoli, spinach, salmon skin, almonds, yogurt and cheese?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Sep 04 2019, 8:20 pm
simba wrote:
OP. You can change this subject to “mommy shaming”.
yup. I don’t know why I bother posting here anymore. Every post of mine ends up like this.

flower2

Post Wed, Sep 04 2019, 9:31 pm
Your baby doesn't HAVE to drink milk. There is no reason to give extra sugar to babies. If he doesn't drink milk, give water or try warming the bottle of milk. Most of my kids went through stages where they weren't interested in milk but all ate cheese and yogurt- more than enough calcium.

simba

Post Wed, Sep 04 2019, 9:39 pm
When my baby doesn’t take a mil bottle I will usually give her Red 40 Gatorade or Coca Cola.

She likes it. And the Dr. never told me not to.

amother
Salmon

Post Wed, Sep 04 2019, 9:46 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
yup. I don’t know why I bother posting here anymore. Every post of mine ends up like this.

People are bored. They love posting things to try to show that they know better.... crazy how carried away they get because they don’t like your question!

keym

Post Wed, Sep 04 2019, 9:50 pm
simba wrote:
When my baby doesn’t take a mil bottle I will usually give her Red 40 Gatorade or Coca Cola.

She likes it. And the Dr. never told me not to.

I just give whiskey. 80 proof. Dr never told me not to.
You should see how they sleep LOL LOL

simba

Post Wed, Sep 04 2019, 10:27 pm
keym wrote:
I just give whiskey. 80 proof. Dr never told me not to.
You should see how they sleep LOL LOL

You’re a terrible mother. whiskey is high in carbs, you’re setting your child up for obesity and early childhood diabetes. Do you not care??

Then you’re going to wonder where that belly comes from. Shame shame shame.

keym

Post Wed, Sep 04 2019, 10:28 pm
simba wrote:
You’re a terrible mother. whiskey is high in carbs, you’re setting your child up for obesity and early childhood diabetes. Do you not care??

Then you’re going to wonder where that belly comes from. Shame shame shame.

Have you checked out the fat content in a bottle of formula?
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics