Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Will travel anywhere for a warm HEALTHY girls highschool
Previous  1  2  3  4

amother
Tan

Post Thu, Nov 21 2019, 8:10 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
It's not like that in her school. The girls really scatter to lots of different schools. When I've asked the women in the neighborhood with older daughters to give me the landscape of the options for high schools, every one of them said "there's really no great option."
One is more academic, one is less, one has girls from "better" homes, one has more of a mix. One is more modern, one is more charedi. When I asked which one is warm, the answer unanimously was "none". This is just not acceptable to me. She's starting a new school regardless, so it might as well be a warm, happy one.

If that's the case, then you should probably look around in your area/city.

Have you looked at the chardal/torani girls' school in your area? Regular dati leumi often can also be very warm, as long as it's more of a traditional type school and not an elite one.

amother
Magenta

Post Thu, Nov 21 2019, 11:07 am
I know someone who was unhappy with the high school system where her daughter was originally, and switched their daughter to Beit Binah (rav einhorn) in Yerushalayim. The school was warm and their daughter thrived.

But in the US --Bnos Yisroel in Baltimore is unbelievably warm.

Ema of 5

Post Thu, Nov 21 2019, 11:22 am
amother [ Tangerine ] wrote:
Look into Temima in Atlanta. I have heard raving reviews about it from everyone I know who went there.

I was going to say that!!!! Temima is absolutely great!!! And so is Atlanta!! Temima was actually the first school that came to mind, almost instantly.
Milwaukee and the BY in Minneapolis are both great also, and so are the communities.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Nov 21 2019, 3:05 pm
Thanks for all the great suggestions. This has really been SO helpful. I don't know what we'll decide, but I feel like I have a bunch of good leads thanks to all of you and your input. It's also just encouraging to know that there ARE a bunch of amazing schools out there!
Just knowing that we're collectively not missing the boat with our girls, and that plenty of great schools really are doing a great job with the next generation of jewish women is really comforting to know.
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics