Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cakes, Cookies, and Muffins
ISO lemon bundt cake
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

Tamiri

Post Thu, Feb 19 2009, 11:31 am
I think a 10" tube pan should work the same. Mine, made in the oven, came out evenly tan all over. I don't know why yours didn't. Enjoy. I am making again to being to my parents for Shabbat.
Yesha, did you use lemon extract or grated lemon peel?

BeershevaBubby

Post Thu, Feb 19 2009, 11:39 am
No, I actually used vanilla extract for the cake since I didn't have lemon extract and I'd really like to avoid buying the imitation stuff they have here.

Tamiri

Post Thu, Feb 19 2009, 11:42 am
I subbed with 1 tsp grated lemon peel. It was fine. I don't have lemon extract.

Boys"R"Us

Post Fri, Feb 20 2009, 2:16 pm
I just made it - it looks sooo good! Can't wait to try it tonight...
~Debbie

shayna82

Post Fri, Mar 06 2009, 11:53 am
wow that looks really cool. I only have a tube pan, so im gonna try it in there...

mommalah

Post Thu, Jun 11 2009, 7:28 pm
Tamiri wrote:
I think a 10" tube pan should work the same. Mine, made in the oven, came out evenly tan all over. I don't know why yours didn't. Enjoy. I am making again to being to my parents for Shabbat.
Yesha, did you use lemon extract or grated lemon peel?

1. Is lemon extract readily available in any supermarket?
2. If not, can I sub lemon grated peel?

BeershevaBubby

Post Fri, Jun 12 2009, 12:33 am
mommalah wrote:
1. Is lemon extract readily available in any supermarket?
2. If not, can I sub lemon grated peel?

1. It sohuld be.

2. No. I used vanilla extract until I made my own lemon extract. However I DO add lemon zest to the batter anyway.

IamI

Post Wed, Feb 17 2010, 6:36 am
Does anyone know if I can make this into mini muffins?
And can I make the holes with a fork or will that be too big?

BeershevaBubby

Post Wed, Feb 17 2010, 6:42 am
IamI wrote:
Does anyone know if I can make this into mini muffins?
And can I make the holes with a fork or will that be too big?

Because of the syrup, you'll want as much surface area as possible, hence making it in a tube pan or bundt pan. Plus I can't imagine the syrup soaking through the muffin paper when you pour it over the muffins.

A fork won't work because the tines aren't long enough. You'll want something that will go almost to the bottom of the cake.

Shopmiami49

Post Thu, Jun 24 2010, 4:44 pm
oooohhh so good! I LOVE anything and everything lemon! I added grated lemon peel to the batter and used fresh LJ for the glaze. I also added toasted sliced almonds on top. YUM!!! and very pretty too...

shaini

Post Mon, Jun 28 2010, 10:03 pm
I don't have lemon extract, can someone please tell me how much lemon juice I can add to the cake instead. The photo of the cake looks so yummy, I can't wait to make one myself.

ra_mom

Post Mon, Jun 28 2010, 10:07 pm
shaini wrote:
I don't have lemon extract, can someone please tell me how much lemon juice I can add to the cake instead. The photo of the cake looks so yummy, I can't wait to make one myself.
You're better off using lemon zest as a sub for the extract.

Burrrberry

Post Tue, Jun 29 2010, 9:08 am
Can I freeze this cake? With or without the glaze?

elf123

Post Tue, Jun 29 2010, 10:14 am
Burrrberry wrote:
Can I freeze this cake? With or without the glaze?

For sure, why not? Just wrap well to prevent freezer burn.

im here!

Post Tue, Jul 13 2010, 4:56 pm
Is it ok to use tooth picks instead of skewers? Do I pour the glaze around cake or only by the holes?

jewels

Post Tue, Jul 13 2010, 5:08 pm
im here! wrote:
Is it ok to use tooth picks instead of skewers? Do I pour the glaze around cake or only by the holes?

You can use toothpicks but you're better off using a straw like someone else suggested. Otherwise the holes aren't big enough for the glaze to really sink into the cake. You pour it all over the cake, not just by the holes. Also - I make this cake literally every week because it's so easy and instead of glazing the bottom, I've poured the glaze over the top. Looks beautiful especially if you male it with a nice bundt pan

im here!

Post Tue, Jul 13 2010, 5:27 pm
jewels wrote:
im here! wrote:

You can use toothpicks but you're better off using a straw like someone else suggested. Otherwise the holes aren't big enough for the glaze to really sink into the cake. You pour it all over the cake, not just by the holes. Also - I make this cake literally every week because it's so easy and instead of glazing the bottom, I've poured the glaze over the top. Looks beautiful especially if you male it with a nice bundt pan

Does that mean that im supposed to put the glaze when the cake is still in the pan & it will come out to be on the bottom?

jewels

Post Tue, Jul 13 2010, 5:38 pm
im here! wrote:
jewels wrote:
im here! wrote:

Does that mean that im supposed to put the glaze when the cake is still in the pan & it will come out to be on the bottom?

Yup - the recipe says to poke holes in the cake while it's still warm in the pan. Pour glaze over and let cool. Then flip it out. So yes the glaze is supposed to be on the bottom of the cake.

im here!

Post Tue, Jul 13 2010, 5:42 pm
Sorry for asking so many questions, but for how long do I leave the cake turned over? Do I let it cool in pan?I usually turn it over right away...

jewels

Post Tue, Jul 13 2010, 5:44 pm
Sorry what do you mean by how long do you leave it turned over? You bake it for about 5o minutes, por the glaze over and let stay like that until its cool
Page 2 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cakes, Cookies, and Muffins