Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
The controversial thread
Previous  1  2  3  Next

SixOfWands

Post Mon, Feb 03 2020, 4:02 pm
penguin wrote:
Quote:
I hate all my pets (2 cats, 1 dog, 2 chickens) ever since I got pregnant, but I'm keeping them because they didn't do anything which deserves punishment. They just act like animals, make messes, shed hairs, and stink, and I feel like their presence is making my life worse, not better. I'm just going to wait the 15 years until they all pass on.
I don't know why you don't give your kids a choice - take over care of pets or we advertise them as free to a good home.

Unless this pregnancy is your first, in which case what is stopping you from finding them good homes?

You'd let your 3 year old walk a dog around the neighborhood by himself, trusting him to use a plastic bag to pick up the poo and properly dispose of it?

groovy1224

Post Mon, Feb 03 2020, 5:12 pm
amother [ Amethyst ] wrote:
I'm not worried about the US gov. They have enough money to supply all of NY/NJ with with social services (besides for me, because I am ONE DOLLAR above what they think is the poverty line.
But I am VERY concerned about your neighbor. Can't believe you took the money. Don't you know you don't charge neighbors for babysitting?
With neighbors like you, who needs babysitters?

Normally I'd do it for free, but her baby was kvetchy Wink

amother
Amethyst

Post Mon, Feb 03 2020, 5:14 pm
groovy1224 wrote:
Normally I'd do it for free, but her baby was kvetchy Wink

For sure you have to do it for free then! Do you know what this mom must be going through. Besides, if you'd be doing a good job, the baby wouldn't be kvetchy in the first place.

amother
White

Post Mon, Feb 03 2020, 5:19 pm
amother [ Green ] wrote:
I give my kids a melowchew whenever we go away or whenever we have a simcha and I want them to nap. Hope you're not plotzing.

Didnt read the whole thread but you know its controversial so lemme add a little something

I give my kids melatonin EVERY DAY.

Hiding

If I forget they are up till 12 or 1 am.

amother
Brunette

Post Mon, Feb 03 2020, 5:24 pm
amother [ White ] wrote:
Didnt read the whole thread but you know its controversial so lemme add a little something

Hiding

They might be deficient in magnesium. I know for myself if I'm low in magnesium I have a hard time falling asleep.

amother
Amethyst

Post Mon, Feb 03 2020, 5:26 pm
amother [ White ] wrote:

Hiding

So? What's the problem with that?
They can help amother above take care of her pets, if they are lacking things to do.

kenz

Post Mon, Feb 03 2020, 7:03 pm
thunderstorm wrote:
One of my kids refused to go to yeshiva this year. No matter how many options we gave him, he wasn’t going to hear of it. He wanted to do his own thing. I am not proud of what he’s doing . But I didn’t force him to go to yeshiva and I don’t criticize him for his negative choices. He will have to live and learn on his own. It doesn’t give me nachas. But child rearing is meant so that we can turn our children into healthy individuals who will eventually become independent. Our job is to prepare them for that. The goal is not for how WE feel in the process. It’s not about MY nachas. It’s about each individual child’s needs and desires. So I’ve learned to let go and let Hashem lead and it’s ok for my son to choose a path unique to his own and not something I would have chosen. I don’t believe in forcing anything. It just back fires. (Now throw those tomatoes)

Thunderstorm, virtually every time you post I am impressed. I can't imagine the ko'ach hanefesh it took for you to accept this situation - most people would not. Iy"H I hope that whatever your son is doing helps him to feel happy and fulfilled and bring you tons of nachas in the future.

amother
Lawngreen

Post Tue, Feb 04 2020, 3:39 am
I sleep-trained by DD at 6 weeks to keep my sanity. I taught her to self-soothe somewhat with a dummy. Take aim Laugh

amother
Forestgreen

Post Tue, Feb 04 2020, 9:32 am
I often take my baby outside in the winter without a hat on.

I gave vitamin D drops and iron drops like once, after that I forgot.

Sterilization? Maybe grandma did it like once when she came over. Otherwise I just wash bottles like I do other dishes.

I don't wash clothes before the kids wear them.

I don't use diaper cream preventively.

One kid goes all night without me changing their diaper. The other kid I change once but only because if I don't it will leak and get the bed wet.

amother
Aqua

Post Tue, Feb 04 2020, 9:46 am
My children wear pjs that are “not intended to be used as sleepwear”

I post anon on ima even when it’s not a personal topic.

I sometimes pretend I’m not home when people knock on my door

Apparently I’m a very controversial person

amother
Aqua

Post Tue, Feb 04 2020, 9:52 am
Oh- I totally forgot -
I sometimes use a nail clipper on my fingernails that’s meant for toe nails only
I feel so hopeless

amother
Beige

Post Tue, Feb 04 2020, 9:53 am
My son wanted to wear something that I felt was not appropriate for our community standards, so I told him he can’t join us until he changed.

amother
Aqua

Post Tue, Feb 04 2020, 10:02 am
I still enjoy pippi long stockings books
Long live pippilotta!

thunderstorm

Post Tue, Feb 04 2020, 10:04 am
amother [ Aqua ] wrote:
I still enjoy pippi long stockings books
Long live pippilotta!
And I still am enthralled by reading the Berenstein Bears 😀

amother
Aqua

Post Tue, Feb 04 2020, 10:05 am
thunderstorm wrote:
And I still am enthralled by reading the Berenstein Bears 😀

You’re a kindred spirit!

amother
Seashell

Post Tue, Feb 04 2020, 10:10 am
penguin wrote:
Quote:
I hate all my pets (2 cats, 1 dog, 2 chickens) ever since I got pregnant, but I'm keeping them because they didn't do anything which deserves punishment. They just act like animals, make messes, shed hairs, and stink, and I feel like their presence is making my life worse, not better. I'm just going to wait the 15 years until they all pass on.
I don't know why you don't give your kids a choice - take over care of pets or we advertise them as free to a good home.

Unless this pregnancy is your first, in which case what is stopping you from finding them good homes?

People get really nasty about rehoming pets.

amother
Red

Post Tue, Feb 04 2020, 10:16 am
amother [ Aqua ] wrote:
Oh- I totally forgot -
I sometimes use a nail clipper on my fingernails that’s meant for toe nails only
I feel so hopeless

Omg! How can you What ??

Lol! Do the same & no fungus or mold growing on my fingernails LOL

sushilover

Post Tue, Feb 04 2020, 11:39 am
In another thread there's a debate about whether to put your kids first or your husband first. I strongly believe that whenever possible, we should put ourselves first!
Is that controversial?

thunderstorm

Post Tue, Feb 04 2020, 11:42 am
sushilover wrote:
In another thread there's a debate about whether to put your kids first or your husband first. I strongly believe that whenever possible, we should put ourselves first!
Is that controversial?

I agree with you ! I almost commented on that there. Then I figured I’m the odd one out. I learned the hard way. But this is very true

amother
Black

Post Tue, Feb 04 2020, 12:01 pm
I stopped removing my body hair about a year ago. It's so freeing!
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics