Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Simcha Section
Green kallah wedding dress
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8

louche

Post Fri, May 09 2008, 7:58 am
Lovely. An engaged couple breaks up literally on the threshold of marriage, two hearts are broken, and amother SMILES because she didn't like the ex-kallah's taste in clothing.

But I guess you're right to smile. You've been saved from the towering disgrace of attending a wedding where the bride wore an unconventional dress. You must be so relieved. The world is now safe for democracy, and your children's chances for good shidduchim are safe, too. Mazal tov.

Clarissa

Post Fri, May 09 2008, 8:01 am
I agree with Louche. Nice, compassionate reaction to people going through heartbreak.

amother

Post Fri, May 09 2008, 8:08 am
louche wrote:
Lovely. An engaged couple breaks up literally on the threshold of marriage, two hearts are broken, and amother SMILES because she didn't like the ex-kallah's taste in clothing.

But I guess you're right to smile. You've been saved from the towering disgrace of attending a wedding where the bride wore an unconventional dress. You must be so relieved. The world is now safe for democracy, and your children's chances for good shidduchim are safe, too. Mazal tov.

That is the way YOU read it. I didnt intend it at all as you read it. I never said it's good the engagement broke up. I wasnt smiling at that. I was smiling that maybe she will get her wish after all. And I never once said it would be a disgrace for me. I have so l ittle to do with her that I really dont care. I think it is really odd but if thats what she wants, it is her choice. If you would know me you would know I am SOOOO not into these ridiculous things as affecting my kids' shidduchim. I am totally the opposite and not into stereotyping etc. And I would never ever take it as a disgrace for myself that she is wearing a green dress. I am so distant from her that I wouldnt feel any connection to her choices. I was simply asking how other ppl would view it, out of curiousity.
But if you feel that you got some tension off your chest today by writing a nasty post, I am glad I could provide that outlet for you! I'm here for ya anytime!

louche

Post Fri, May 09 2008, 8:41 am
Ah, so you're smiling because you're happy she may get her wish for a green dress after all, now that she's no longer engaged to YOUR relative? Sorry, honey, you get failing grades in logic. If they hadn't broken it off, she would have gotten her wish for a green dress AND not had her dreams shattered.

[quote="amother'] I'm here for ya anytime![/quote]

Please don't be. May G-d keep and protect compassionate souls like yours far, far away from me and anyone I hold dear.

Clarissa

Post Fri, May 09 2008, 8:43 am
amother wrote:
Well. the engagement was broken, so maybe she'll get her green dress another time around as a kallah. :-)

OP, look at your post. It's a cutesy comment, complete with smiley face, about a broken engagement. Come on, at least be honest about what you said and how you said it.

If you really think you did nothing wrong or insensitive, post as yourself and not as amother and say so.

amother

Post Fri, May 09 2008, 9:54 am
louche wrote:
Ah, so you're smiling because you're happy she may get her wish for a green dress after all, now that she's no longer engaged to YOUR relative? Sorry, honey, you get failing grades in logic. If they hadn't broken it off, she would have gotten her wish for a green dress AND not had her dreams shattered.

[quote="amother'] I'm here for ya anytime!

Please don't be. May G-d keep and protect compassionate souls like yours far, far away from me and anyone I hold dear.[/quote]

Actually, no. She IS my relative, and I really am happy for her that she may get her wish.And she would NOT have gotten her wish for the green wedding dress with this guy bc the in law parents didnt agree to it in the end. Just proof that you dont know what you are talking abt on any account. But again, if you feel better having told another person off for no reason I am glad I, rather than another innocent soul, could provide that outlet for you.

Clarrisa- you could interpet my comment that way but since I am the author maybe you could ask me what I meant by it! I didnt put the smiley after the part abt her broken engagement. I put it after the part that maybe she can get her wish now. I am no longer going to respond about what I meant by the sentence because that is a little ridiculous that you think you know what I meant. If you feel good to interpret what I said then that is very interesting, and have fun! I'm no longer responding to what I indeed meant, as interpreted by someone else. You want to believe me, fine - it is a smart move to ask the person themselves what they meant. You dont want to believe me- that's up to you!

I posted from the very beginning as amother. I see no reason to say who I am now just bc you want to know.

Clarissa

Post Fri, May 09 2008, 10:26 am
I don't really care who you are. I think there's a reason that we've reacted as we have to your posts. Whether you care to understand that is your business.

I wish your relative all the best in her future and hope she finds love again, and people who are supportive of her.

greenfire

Post Fri, May 09 2008, 10:55 am
shock Crying

amother

Post Fri, May 09 2008, 10:57 am
ok..................

amother

Post Fri, May 09 2008, 10:58 am
I also think there is a reason you are reacting to me as you did. Though my reason is very different than yours I am sure. It's hard to admit you are wrong, huh? Easier to ignore the points I made in my posts.

Inspired

Post Sun, Oct 31 2010, 3:04 am
Besiyata Dishmaya wrote:
justanothermother wrote:
Can you bring sources for this please?

Momentarily, dh is not home to give me the source. In the meantime, you can get it from other talmidei chachomim.

I hope your dh has been home sometime in the past 2 years and you can now bring the source for your claim.

sarahd

Post Sun, Oct 31 2010, 5:03 am
Huh? What brought this on?

greenfire

Post Sun, Oct 31 2010, 7:47 am
maybe a woman was spotted in a green wedding dress Mr. Green

Mama Bear

Post Sun, Oct 31 2010, 8:58 am
Okay I just had to click on this thread to see why discussion of a green kallah gown took 8 pages.

amother

Post Sun, Oct 31 2010, 10:20 am
amother wrote:
louche wrote:

Please don't be. May G-d keep and protect compassionate souls like yours far, far away from me and anyone I hold dear.

Actually, no. She IS my relative, and I really am happy for her that she may get her wish.And she would NOT have gotten her wish for the green wedding dress with this guy bc the in law parents didnt agree to it in the end. Just proof that you dont know what you are talking abt on any account. But again, if you feel better having told another person off for no reason I am glad I, rather than another innocent soul, could provide that outlet for you.

Clarrisa- you could interpet my comment that way but since I am the author maybe you could ask me what I meant by it! I didnt put the smiley after the part abt her broken engagement. I put it after the part that maybe she can get her wish now. I am no longer going to respond about what I meant by the sentence because that is a little ridiculous that you think you know what I meant. If you feel good to interpret what I said then that is very interesting, and have fun! I'm no longer responding to what I indeed meant, as interpreted by someone else. You want to believe me, fine - it is a smart move to ask the person themselves what they meant. You dont want to believe me- that's up to you!

I posted from the very beginning as amother. I see no reason to say who I am now just bc you want to know.[/quote]

Are you the amother on the shoe thread too, same reasoning and writing pattern???
You say something outrageous and then feel misunderstood Confused

Clarissa and Louche... you answered a winner and it will go on and on and on ,like on the previous thread.
I think we have Troll or a crazy here. LOL

yummymummy

Post Sun, Oct 31 2010, 10:35 am
amother wrote:
amother wrote:
amother wrote:
louche wrote:

I posted from the very beginning as amother. I see no reason to say who I am now just bc you want to know.

Are you the amother on the shoe thread too, same reasoning and writing pattern???
You say something outrageous and then feel misunderstood Confused

Clarissa and Louche... you answered a winner and it will go on and on and on ,like on the previous thread.
I think we have Troll or a crazy here. LOL

Do you realize this thread is from 2008?

yummymummy

Post Sat, Nov 06 2010, 10:31 pm
This reminded me of this thread:

http://www.cnn.com/2010/LIVING.....pt=C2

Besiyata Dishmaya

Post Sun, Nov 07 2010, 12:01 pm
Inspired wrote:
Besiyata Dishmaya wrote:
justanothermother wrote:
Can you bring sources for this please?

Momentarily, dh is not home to give me the source. In the meantime, you can get it from other talmidei chachomim.

I hope your dh has been home sometime in the past 2 years and you can now bring the source for your claim.

If you really care to know, look it up in the sefer Minhog Yisroel Torah page 155 where he brings down several sources, including the Mahri Mintz, Shulchan Ho'ezer, Radbaz, etc.

sarahd wrote:
Huh? What brought this on?

controversial issues
Page 8 of 8   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8 Recent Topics