Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Where can I buy lightweight printed cotton tops?
Previous  1  2

pause

Post Sun, Jun 14 2020, 12:47 pm
tweety1 wrote:
I ordered by lands end.

How are the necks on them? I find most LandsEnd crew necks are not kosher enough for me.

tweety1

Post Sun, Jun 14 2020, 1:55 pm
Take it in a bit or I buy the collared

pause

Post Sun, Jun 14 2020, 4:26 pm
tweety1 wrote:
Take it in a bit or I buy the collared

Nah, I can't be bothered. The tees in the posted link are $26. I'd rather pay the extra $5 and buy already kosher necklines. When LandsEnd had a sale and their 100% cotton tees were less than $10, I used necklastic to take in the neck. That was worthwhile!

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 16 2020, 12:51 pm
Update-
I just received my order. I am a size 10-12 on top and 12-14 on bottom. To make sure there’s enough room I ordered a size ‘large’ but it’s way too big. I’m very short. Around 5 feet so the tops cut in the wrong places. What I’m trying to hide is what is showing. Since I had to pay shipping, I really don’t want to risk buying a medium if I’ll loose money on shipping that back too.
I guess in summary, it fits true to size and it was not necessary to size up.

Mothers

Post Tue, Jun 16 2020, 1:41 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Update-
I just received my order. I am a size 10-12 on top and 12-14 on bottom. To make sure there’s enough room I ordered a size ‘large’ but it’s way too big. I’m very short. Around 5 feet so the tops cut in the wrong places. What I’m trying to hide is what is showing. Since I had to pay shipping, I really don’t want to risk buying a medium if I’ll loose money on shipping that back too.
I guess in summary, it fits true to size and it was not necessary to size up.

One good thing about Lands End is that they often have Petites.

chestnut

Post Tue, Jun 16 2020, 3:21 pm
pause wrote:
Nah, I can't be bothered. The tees in the posted link are $26. I'd rather pay the extra $5 and buy already kosher necklines. When LandsEnd had a sale and their 100% cotton tees were less than $10, I used necklastic to take in the neck. That was worthwhile!

What's necklastic and where do you buy it?

amother
Mustard

Post Tue, Jun 16 2020, 3:58 pm
chestnut wrote:
What's necklastic and where do you buy it?

https://www.amazon.com/Necklas.....r=8-1
It's a kit containing clear elastic, a needle large enough to get the elastic through, and instructions on how to make 3 stitches at the seam of the neck and then run the elastic to the other side, continue, and finish it off, thereby making the neckline smaller.

amother
Ruby

Post Tue, Jun 16 2020, 8:32 pm
bigsis144 wrote:
https://www.riccifashions.com/tops/long-sleeve-tops.html?dir=asc&order=price

I ordered from them but haven’t gotten the shirts yet, so I can’t tell you what they’re like in person, though

Just got my delivery today, actually they hand delivered it since I live in Monsey. The tops fit as expected.

chestnut

Post Tue, Jun 16 2020, 10:13 pm
amother [ Mustard ] wrote:
https://www.amazon.com/Necklastic-Neckline-Repair-Enough-T-Shirts/dp/B01A9GQMTW/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=Necklastic&qid=1592348224&sr=8-1
It's a kit containing clear elastic, a needle large enough to get the elastic through, and instructions on how to make 3 stitches at the seam of the neck and then run the elastic to the other side, continue, and finish it off, thereby making the neckline smaller.

Thanks. Is it only for a neckline that's stretched on one side or a wider one all over?
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics