Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
It's 3am and there are still fireworks going off!?!?
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

amother
Salmon

Post Sun, Jun 21 2020, 12:51 pm
And the mayor basically said he doesnt care

monkeymamma

Post Sun, Jun 21 2020, 4:02 pm
Councilman Chaim Deutsch started a petition for Deblasio to end the fireworks--

https://docs.google.com/forms/.....wform

crust

Post Sun, Jun 21 2020, 4:11 pm
monkeymamma wrote:

So we have to start a petition for him to do something?
What's his Job Description and why is this not one of his responsibilities?

ra_mom

Post Sun, Jun 21 2020, 4:13 pm
monkeymamma wrote:

I think I'd feel more comfortable with a standard petition site than a Google document.

amother
Turquoise

Post Sun, Jun 21 2020, 4:14 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Insanity!!! Why isn't anyone doing anything about this?!???

I'm in Flatbush and the amount of fireworks every night until crazy hours is driving me crazy!!!
How is everyone dealing with it??

I have the same problem. But you can’t call the cops because they might shoot you in the back, is what we’re told.

happy chick

Post Sun, Jun 21 2020, 4:16 pm
crust wrote:

If we get 30,000 signature the PD is forced to take action

amother
Turquoise

Post Sun, Jun 21 2020, 4:16 pm
Blessing1 wrote:
The situation is crazy! They're terrorizing people and people are getting burns.
Cops are afraid to touch a black guy.
By this behavior they're causing us to be afraid of black people and they're showing us that they're low life thugs. Black lives matter???? Let them prove that their lives matter by not doing dangerous things.
Behave like a normal person and you'll get treated like a normal person!!!!

Get prepare for racism shouts from libs

amother
Pearl

Post Sun, Jun 21 2020, 4:20 pm
Exactly. I'm not calling the cops on black men making fireworks, becaues I dont want them to be KILLED. If cops can't interfere without killing them, they should just quit their jobs. there is no reason our tax should be paying their salary.

amother
Pewter

Post Sun, Jun 21 2020, 4:21 pm
https://collive.com/who-will-s.....orks/

For anyone who thinks these are "just fireworks" and what is everyone complaining about, check out the TikTok video in the above links. Whole communities are being terrorized, physically and mentally. People are terrified, pets are terrified, can't leave the house after dark. These are industrial grade dangerous fireworks that are being pelted up and down streets. And guess who is funding these expensive shipments? And guess why these people can stay up all night every night shooting them off?

monkeymamma

Post Sun, Jun 21 2020, 4:21 pm
crust wrote:

I have no idea what Deblasios job is, I am pretty sure he is having his wife Chirlane do most if not all of the decisions. But dont quote me on this Hiding

monkeymamma

Post Sun, Jun 21 2020, 4:22 pm
ra_mom wrote:
I think I'd feel more comfortable with a standard petition site than a Google document.

Contact Chaim Deutch and ask him to change the petition to a more acceptable forum.

monkeymamma

Post Sun, Jun 21 2020, 4:27 pm
amother [ Pearl ] wrote:
Exactly. I'm not calling the cops on black men making fireworks, becaues I dont want them to be KILLED. If cops can't interfere without killing them, they should just quit their jobs. there is no reason our tax should be paying their salary.

Or the cops are the ones who will be killed so their lives are more in danger than black people who break the laws then resist arrest so dont harm the cops.
The solution to all of this is to reopen the bars, clubs, theaters, and concert halls and let people go out again and have fun in a safe environment instead of playing with fireworks.

amother
Aubergine

Post Sun, Jun 21 2020, 4:54 pm
Blessing1 wrote:
Because we see them.
And there are enough clips going around.
If it would've been white people, they'd have been arrested a long time ago.

My cousins sent me a video clip of caucasian individuals using fireworks yesterday evening in Williamsburg. They said this went on for hours (same individuals).

monkeymamma

Post Sun, Jun 21 2020, 5:02 pm
amother [ Aubergine ] wrote:
My cousins sent me a video clip of caucasian individuals using fireworks yesterday evening in Williamsburg. They said this went on for hours (same individuals).

If they are white then why are the cops afraid to stop them?

amother
Hotpink

Post Sun, Jun 21 2020, 5:14 pm
Call 911 as soon as they start. Don't bother with 311 which will tell you to call 911. It 's a 911 issue because it's an immediate danger to people's safety and it's a criminal offense. Fireworks are illegal in NYC except when used by pyrotechnic professionals with a license and permit.

amother
Aubergine

Post Sun, Jun 21 2020, 5:17 pm
monkeymamma wrote:
If they are white then why are the cops afraid to stop them?

I don't think it has to do with skin color. I think cops are just fed up with responding to stupid fireworks calls. They didn't respond in the past either - it has just gotten out of control lately, but am not sure why.

Mama Bear

Post Sun, Jun 21 2020, 5:17 pm
The police are afraid to do anything. The inmates have basically taken over the asylum.
I fear for the future of NY, of our country, of the world, of humanity!!!
I knew that extended pause with no jobs and no schools would lead to this idleness and lawlessness. I didnt factor George floyd etc into the mix, but I am not surprised this is happening.
All you can really do it turn on white noise machines and put on earplugs.
We're powerless.

amother
Gold

Post Sun, Jun 21 2020, 5:30 pm
amother [ Aubergine ] wrote:

2 blocks down from where I live they were also firing fireworks. Those were Hispanic or Latino people which might look Caucasian to you. Bottom line is it’s a minority group which the police doesn’t want to start up with. They actually came but left a minute later and everything resumed after.

amother
Mustard

Post Sun, Jun 21 2020, 9:37 pm
The fireworks are back for the next round. Is this our new normal?

Zehava

Post Sun, Jun 21 2020, 9:38 pm
Yep they’re at it again. As soon as the sun sets
Page 2 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries