Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
White Skirt Alert
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

crust

Post Fri, Jul 03 2020, 1:13 pm
amother [ Mauve ] wrote:
What if it was me in the white skirt in the grocery store?

Was it?

We can go on and on about hypothetical scenarios.

Last edited by crust on Fri, Jul 03 2020, 1:14 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Mauve

Post Fri, Jul 03 2020, 1:14 pm
amother [ Lemon ] wrote:
Frum women shouldn’t be concerned with showing off their bodies for anyone except their dh

That’s true! So why are random strangers in the grocery store so concerned about other women’s bodies?

amother
Mauve

Post Fri, Jul 03 2020, 1:14 pm
crust wrote:
Was it?

After all the above, do you think I would admit it?

amother
Lemon

Post Fri, Jul 03 2020, 1:15 pm
amother [ Mauve ] wrote:

amother [ Aqua ] wrote:
Here's the question that I think is causing arguments

Is showing cellulite a tznius issue? The same question applies to showing "lumps and bumps" as another person said.

Some people are saying its a tznius issue so as a frum site of course this is something to be said.

Some women are saying its not a tznius issue rather a fat issue. In that case it would not be appropriate to announce.

If it was so,tight that cellulite shows it’s not tznius

crust

Post Fri, Jul 03 2020, 1:16 pm
amother [ Mauve ] wrote:

Why would you?

I think if it was you then you wouldn't post.

If it was you you go out and get yourself a double mirror to make sure you look respectful before going out.

little neshamala

amother [ Mauve ] wrote:
If the person who it refers to is on here, reads it and feels embarrassed then yes.

That isnt public shaming. No one knows who she is.
Its ok to feel embarassed when someone makes you aware about a goof. You can also feel grateful that it was pointed out, its not a contradiction.
But it certainly isnt public shaming

amother
Lemon

imasoftov wrote:
Anonymous posters can edit their posts. Edit yours to remove the reference to cellulite.

Excuse me? Why should she?

amother
Mauve

amother [ Lemon ] wrote:
Here we go. You’re criticizing someone trying to help out someone who doesn’t realize how they look?

Maybe the person knows exactly how they look and likes it like that.

amother
Mauve

Post Fri, Jul 03 2020, 1:17 pm
crust wrote:
Why would you?

I think if it was you then you wouldn't post.

If it was you you go out and get yourself a double mirror to make sure you look respectful before going out.

I don’t have or want a double mirror.

amother
Lemon

Post Fri, Jul 03 2020, 1:18 pm
amother [ Mauve ] wrote:
This isn’t spreading awareness. This is publicly causing embarrassment to another which last time I checked was against Halacha. It is also IMHO really petty to spend your days checking other women’s clothes out. If you had children with you, you are teaching them that it is ok to look and comment on other people’s appearances.

Really, who is she publicly causing embarrassment to? None of us even you knows who op is referring to. Your post makes no sense so ask yourself why it’s botheringyou so much

crust

Post Fri, Jul 03 2020, 1:19 pm
amother [ Mauve ] wrote:
I don’t have or want a double mirror.

So that's why nobody should make anyone aware that a white skirt can show things that you'll be embarrassed of?

amother
Firebrick

Post Fri, Jul 03 2020, 1:19 pm
amother [ Mauve ] wrote:

So if someone does it on purpose, they should take this as a psa to correct it.
I don't think a normal Frum women would dress like this on purpose.

Simple1

Post Fri, Jul 03 2020, 1:20 pm
little neshamala wrote:
That isnt public shaming. No one knows who she is.
Its ok to feel embarassed when someone makes you aware about a goof. You can also feel grateful that it was pointed out, its not a contradiction.
But it certainly isnt public shaming

Did you read my post?

asmileaday

Gosh this thread is classic imamother entertainment. Thanks guys!

ChillPill ChillPill ChillPill ChillPill

amother
Lemon

Simple1 wrote:
Did you read my post?

amother [ Mauve ] wrote:
Tznius is between a woman and Hashem. The Tznius police aren’t welcome thank you.

Speak for yourself. Op isn’t being a tznius police

BH Yom Yom

Post Fri, Jul 03 2020, 1:21 pm
Thank you OP for this post! I know I appreciate being told if something isn't sitting/fitting right on me (or even if I would have spinach in my teeth). Thank you for making this announcement - it is a good reminder.

amother
Lemon

Post Fri, Jul 03 2020, 1:21 pm
amother [ Mauve ] wrote:
For me, it’s neither a Tznius or Fat issue. We could dedicate a thread to “Is it Tznius to wear a white skirt and show cellulite? Please discuss.” (PSA: let’s not!)

The issue for me is a MYOB issue. Some people don’t like strangers pointing out their fashion flaws/accidents. And even those that welcome a comment about their dress don’t deserve to be publicly shamed on a public forum. Thank you.

Again, please point out how op is embarrassing someone publicly. Do you know who the person was? Her name? No one does so your point is inane

crust

Post Fri, Jul 03 2020, 1:22 pm
amother [ Mauve ] wrote:

So let her make a PSA

מורי ורבותי

I love to look like this.

My Dignity Doesn't Matter!

amother
Firebrick

Post Fri, Jul 03 2020, 1:23 pm
amother [ Mauve ] wrote:
I know you mean well, but I don’t appreciate this post even though I’m in a minority. I love my large butt and I don’t feel compelled to hide it or “dress” for my body type so that others are not offended. I dress for myself and not others. And if you can see someone’s underwear, maybe you are looking at others too much.

A frum women is supposed to dress tzenuis. If you purposely dress to show off your butt, this thread is not for you and I don't think I'd consider you a frum women. It's not about others being offended, it's about dressing in a normal, respectable, appropriate way. A panty showing through a skirt is pretty noticeable and doesn't mean that others are looking too much. Even in the secular world this is a major wardrobe malfunction which most people would appreciate it being pointed out.

amother
Mauve

Post Fri, Jul 03 2020, 1:23 pm
amother [ Lemon ] wrote:
Really, who is she publicly causing embarrassment to? None of us even you knows who op is referring to. Your post makes no sense so ask yourself why it’s nothing you so much

I think you mean “bothering” by nothing? It bothers me because although it wasn’t me, (the only white skirt I own is long and tiered and oh so tznius), I loathe it when other women make comments about other people’s clothing, even if they think they are helping them. I am a big believer in wearing what makes you feel good, even if other women wag their tongues. I have overheard women in Shul talking about other women’s clothing and it bothered me so much I no longer attend Shul. Obviously I am in a minority here so I will bow out gracefully.
Page 4 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Recent Topics