Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
I squandered the time at home :(
Previous  1  2  3

amother
Slateblue

Post Tue, Aug 25 2020, 11:37 pm
I happen to think the way you spent your summer sounds better than the way your cousin’s kids spent it. Outdoor play is much better and healthier than anything virtual. The Lego robots sound impressive at first but they are really not that big of a deal.

soap suds

Post Wed, Aug 26 2020, 12:26 am
amother [ Lemon ] wrote:
If other people are worse than / the same as me, does that make me better? No, it just makes me horrid, and them worse than / the same as me.

Like, there are drunk parents out there, there are parents who literally neglect their kids to the point that the kids are underweight and develop completely abnormally and are always dirty....them being horrid doesn't mean I'm good, it just means I'm not as bad as them.
Now flip it. If other people are better than/the same as me, does that make me worse? No. It just makes me OK, and then better than/the same as me.

causemommysaid

Post Wed, Aug 26 2020, 9:43 am
amother [ Babyblue ] wrote:
The real problem is with most of the responses,
Why do most of you have to knock the cousin, or someone you know, or a neighbor.
You did your best, next,
Why do we have to make ourselves feel better by saying “ maybe her kids don’t even like it, they would rather be in your house....”

Argh. I see this so much here.

when people brag about how awesome they are, they invite these kind of responses.

dont brag and people wont be negative
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics