Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs -> Tehillim Needed
UPDATE: Please Daven for My DH -- Double Organ Transplant
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next

gamanit

Post Mon, Nov 09 2020, 1:37 pm
Bumping. Hope everything is going well.

exhausted

Post Mon, Nov 09 2020, 1:46 pm
Said Tehillim! Only good news!

InnerMe

Post Mon, Nov 09 2020, 1:46 pm
I'm having him in mind, hoping everything goes well.

shanarishona

Post Mon, Nov 09 2020, 2:26 pm
Thinking of you and your husband. Hope all is going well.

Fox

Post Mon, Nov 09 2020, 6:04 pm
Thanks for all your tefillos and kind words.

Surgery was supposed to start at 5 a.m., but it got pushed back to 8 a.m. However, when I last called for an update, they told me he hadn't actually gotten into the OR until almost 1 p.m.

At the risk of TMI, what happens is kind of interesting. When "good" organs become available (most often as a result of motorcycle accidents if you ever need a reason that your husband/son does not need a motorcycle), they are divvied up among people awaiting transplants. One person gets one kidney; another person, the other kidney; another gets one lung while someone else gets the second lung, etc.). All this creates a flurry of activity in the transplant center ORs, and traffic jams are common. If one surgery goes a big longer, it can throw everything off.

So we're probably looking at late tonight before I get any real knews.

It's a little surreal; because of Covid, there are no visitors or companions, so I'm cooling my heels at home, davening, updating people who call, and of course, arguing about politics on Imamother!

simcha2

Post Mon, Nov 09 2020, 6:10 pm
Fox wrote:

Surgery was supposed to start at 5 a.m., but it got pushed back to 8 a.m. However, when I last called for an update, they told me he hadn't actually gotten into the OR until almost 1 p.m.

At the risk of TMI, what happens is kind of interesting. When "good" organs become available (most often as a result of motorcycle accidents if you ever need a reason that your husband/son does not need a motorcycle), they are divvied up among people awaiting transplants. One person gets one kidney; another person, the other kidney; another gets one lung while someone else gets the second lung, etc.). All this creates a flurry of activity in the transplant center ORs, and traffic jams are common. If one surgery goes a big longer, it can throw everything off.

It's a little surreal; because of Covid, there are no visitors or companions, so I'm cooling my heels at home, davening, updating people who call, and of course, arguing about politics on Imamother!

Davening for him.
Thanks for the update

amother
Black

Post Mon, Nov 09 2020, 6:22 pm
Wow that’s crazy that you’re not allowed to be there. Will continue to daven and be on the lookout for a good update iyh!

NotLazySusan

Post Mon, Nov 09 2020, 6:23 pm
Fox wrote:

Thank you.
Hoping all goes as smooth as possible!

little neshamala

Post Mon, Nov 09 2020, 6:28 pm
Thank you for the update. Davening

amother
Red

Post Mon, Nov 09 2020, 6:33 pm
As terrible as it sounds, holidays are the busiest times for transplants - Thanksgiving, Xmas, new years, julyb4, labor day. Lots of drunk driving and new organs of healthy young people.

iyar

Post Mon, Nov 09 2020, 6:35 pm
Thank you Fox! I was wondering all day how you're doing and of course how your husband is. It must be so hard to have to be at home while all this is going on. I hope they'll call you soon with good news and let you know everything worked out in the best possible way.
I'm waiting for you to post and let us know you have no time to update us on your political views because your husband is back home!

hodeez

Post Mon, Nov 09 2020, 6:38 pm
Having you both in mind, only good news!

Notsobusy

Post Mon, Nov 09 2020, 6:40 pm
I hope you get good news very quickly! It must be so hard for both of you that you can't be there with him.

Fave

Post Mon, Nov 09 2020, 6:56 pm
amother [ Red ] wrote:
As terrible as it sounds, holidays are the busiest times for transplants - Thanksgiving, Xmas, new years, julyb4, labor day. Lots of drunk driving and new organs of healthy young people.

My cousin got a donor heart on New Years....

smile18

Post Mon, Nov 09 2020, 7:12 pm
Davening!
Hope all goes well and he has a speedy recovery with many long years to come!

exaustedmom

Post Mon, Nov 09 2020, 7:13 pm
Still davening. Awaiting good news..

behappy2

Post Mon, Nov 09 2020, 7:23 pm
Wishing him well! Besuros Tovos!

IMHopinion

Post Mon, Nov 09 2020, 7:37 pm
Fox, how are you holding up? I’m praying for you!

PinkFridge

Post Mon, Nov 09 2020, 7:39 pm
Fox wrote:
Please daven for Tuvia Boruch ben Shulamis, my DH. The hospital just called, and they have a kidney/pancreas waiting for him. Assuming final Covid test and angiogram go okay, he'll be undergoing the transplant early in the morning, I"YH.

Just quoting the OP to post the name again.

animeme

Post Mon, Nov 09 2020, 7:42 pm
Davening!
Page 5 of 9   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs -> Tehillim Needed