Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Am I overreacting? Choc milk n cookies for breakfast?
Previous  1  2

amother
Turquoise

Post Sun, Nov 15 2020, 9:34 pm
I don’t think cookies and milk are much different than cereal and milk.
Chocolate milk could be fine with crackers...
I wouldn’t make a big deal. It’s probably more of a snack and half the kids already ate breakfast at home or brought something with them.
Probably very few kids take both the cookies and chocolate milk on a daily basis.

Zehava

Post Sun, Nov 15 2020, 9:34 pm
Yeah I’m a pretty chilled mom most of my toddlers diet consists of chocolate leben and I’d still be furious

causemommysaid

Post Sun, Nov 15 2020, 9:42 pm
Can't they be just as lazy by putting out cheerios and milk? I see no need for chocolate milk and cookies for breakfast. Maybe for a rosh chodesh treat.

causemommysaid

Post Sun, Nov 15 2020, 9:51 pm
Non sugar cereal and plain milk is not even close to the sugar content of chocolate milk and cookies. Plus the standard cereals are fortified with vitamins and minerals. I wouldn't call them healthy choices but certainly not junk food.

I'm not a weight watchers fan but it works for lots of people. Check out the point value difference between the two. Clearly they are not the same nutritionally.

amother
Turquoise

Post Sun, Nov 15 2020, 9:57 pm
Zehava wrote:
Yeah I’m a pretty chilled mom most of my toddlers diet consists of chocolate leben and I’d still be furious

Furious?? Lol! It’s not like they are serving large bakery danishes every day! No calorie difference in a cookie and 4 oz chocolate milk than a chocolate leben!

amother
Apricot

Post Sun, Nov 15 2020, 10:06 pm
My daughter's school gives cheerios or corn flakes and milk. I used to try to encourage her to eat a sandwich or French toast before she went to school, but she's really not interested in eating so early. These days I send along something health (a sandwich, a fruit, cheese, yogurt, etc) and she'll either have that while her friends have the cereal, or she'll have the cereal and save her healthy thing for snack. I send along a more junky snack as well (cookies, wafers, chips) for later in the day.
Works for everyone. I'm happy the school offers cereal and milk. I do see breakfast as the parent's responsibility, but my daughter enjoys eating breakfast with her friends after an hour long bus ride way more than at 7:30 alone so it's a win- win.

amother
Pumpkin

Post Sun, Nov 15 2020, 11:26 pm
Ice cream would be better.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics