Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Judaism -> Halachic Questions and Discussions
Shabbos Make up solution - I want cosmetic tattoos badly...
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

ShanaMatele

Post Fri, Apr 04 2008, 12:59 pm
Quote:
fter the shadows, I sweep invisible blotting powder all over my eyelids to seal the shadow again. invisible blotting powder is a great product. it eliminates oils, and doesnt alter the color of ur skin. it is made for the face, but I use it all over, including lips.

what brand? where do you buy it? sounds like a great idea!!

Quote:

eyes. I have shadow base, which on apply first. then I apply waterproof shadow which is a cream, and comes in little pots. after that, I apply regular shadow. ( make sure your colors compliment eachother)

what brand of shadow base do you use? what about the waterproof shadow?
I've tried clinique shadow base and it dried out pretty quickly so it doesn't work so well anymore, and I found that my shadow still creased a bit.

Quote:
face. start out with clean skin, good moisturizer, and primer.

what brand of primer do you use? I've never used a primer before. what does it do?

Thanks!
(I'm trying to get prepared for Pesach makeup!)

Have a great shabbos!

waterbottle

Post Fri, Apr 04 2008, 1:27 pm
I just bought liquid eyeliner and mascara from Estee Lauder that is advertised to last smudge-free for 15 hours and IT REALLY WORKS!!! I am so happy, I can wake up on Saturday morning with defined eye make up. Still looking for a good lip pencil.

Chocoholic

Post Sat, Apr 05 2008, 4:49 pm
Hmmm, I will just wear a burka on shabes... No worries of make-up Twisted Evil .

Beauty and the Beast

Post Sat, Apr 05 2008, 5:48 pm
to answer maya and shanmatele questions about which makeup I use, I use the makeup I use for all my clients, the private line, which I sell.

ShanaMatele

Post Sun, Apr 06 2008, 5:48 pm
waterbottle wrote:
I just bought liquid eyeliner and mascara from Estee Lauder that is advertised to last smudge-free for 15 hours and IT REALLY WORKS!!! I am so happy, I can wake up on Saturday morning with defined eye make up. Still looking for a good lip pencil.

My problem is that I like to sleep on my stomach. <sigh>
I try to sleep on my back on Shabbos, but it's not so easy for me to do.

Thanks for the tip about the Estee Lauder eye makeup. Wonder if they will give out free samples for me to try out.....

Maya

Post Fri, Apr 11 2008, 12:58 pm
Beauty and the Beast, I will try these makeup tips this Shabbos, and see how much lasts and what needs improvement. There's a 3-day yomtov coming up!

I think I will buy an eye shadow that's approved for Shabbos use, bec. I"m sure that e/t will be off on the third day. If I use a dark colored shadow, then I dont' really have to worry about eyeliner.

Maya

Post Sat, Apr 12 2008, 10:41 pm
So does anyone know where I can get Shabbos makeup? I'm afraid that it won't arrive on time if I order it online.

chocolate moose

Post Sun, Apr 13 2008, 6:02 am
Go to Flatbush, to Reflections. There are some yhou can buy from Sephora, too.

Ruchel

Post Sun, Apr 13 2008, 6:08 am
Maya wrote:
So does anyone know where I can get Shabbos makeup? I'm afraid that it won't arrive on time if I order it online.

try to find a list of allowed make up, maybe your rav knows or can ask his wife?
if not, go to the biggest Jewish store around and see if they have it?

faigie

Post Sun, Apr 13 2008, 6:39 am
faigie wrote:
what can I say
I just teach my clients how to use shabbos makeup.
this way they can wash their face clean friday night, and apply fresh clean makeup shabbos morning.

newatit

Post Wed, Apr 23 2008, 9:26 pm
clinque has a semi-new mascara out that stays on even thru a 3 day Yom Tov!

TheBeinoni

Post Sat, May 24 2008, 6:33 pm
I have tried a tonnn of eye make up and I can confidently tell you that LANCOME's Mascaras are amazing especially if you use their "Cils Booster" underneath. I know that there are some drug store brands that have this sort of thing - it is like a white-ish mascara you put on before the actual mascara. But really, go with LANCOME, its not expensive (compared to other dept store brands) and INCREDIBLE quality. I've tried everything from MAC to Chanel to Bobbi Brown. All the expensive ones. Go with LANCOME. Their mascara is smooth and not clumpy and stays on for even all yom tov!

Beauty and the Beast

Post Sun, May 25 2008, 7:52 pm
the white mascara you are describing is a primer. some of them are there for making your mascara stay on longer, and some of them have fibers in them to adhere to your lashes, making them appear longer.

waterbottle

Post Wed, Jul 22 2009, 10:49 am
Do you think it would be worth asking a rabbi about clear mascara? I mean, what if it's more liquid than olive oil and is clear... what other issues could it bring?

ra_mom

Post Wed, Jul 22 2009, 11:03 am
waterbottle wrote:
Do you think it would be worth asking a rabbi about clear mascara? I mean, what if it's more liquid than olive oil and is clear... what other issues could it bring?
To use on Shabbos? It doesn't hurt to ask, but I doubt the answer will be yes.

Btw ladies, permanant make-up is different than cosmetic tattoos. Permanant make-up starts to fade after about 2-3 years, and only lasts about 5-6 years.
So the lipliner will not sag off your lips along with your wrinkles Smile

dorothy

Post Wed, Jul 22 2009, 11:03 am
Just wanted to mention...I know a frum lady in williamsburg that does tattoo makeup there. There must be some kind of heter...........(not that I personally have any desire to go through the pain)

dorothy

Post Wed, Jul 22 2009, 11:05 am
And yes, like you said above, it only lasts a few years. Not a lifetime.

ra_mom

Post Wed, Jul 22 2009, 11:05 am
deenoh3 wrote:
Just wanted to mention...I know a frum lady in williamsburg that does tattoo makeup there. There must be some kind of heter...........(not that I personally have any desire to go through the pain)
I know a Frum lady in BP who does permanant make-up as well, but she does not work on any women until they have spoken to their Rav.

Mommy3.5

Post Wed, Jul 22 2009, 7:37 pm
waterbottle wrote:
Okay what should I do. I struggle every shabbos not being able to put on make up. A few times I was too embarrassed to go to shul so I put makeup on anyway. I have blonde eyelashes and I look terrible without mascara and eye-makeup on. Plus I want to look pretty for my DH.

I think it would be so nice to have eyeliner and lipliner tattooed on. I've read some info online and halachically it doesn't look promising, I haven't asked my rav about it yet...

I heard some women have heters to wear make-up on shabbos? Anyone have info on this?

I've looked into eye-lash tinting but I'm afraid to do it because there are FDA warnings against it because the dyes can cause blindness.

Anyone have good recommendations for eyeliner, mascara and lip liner/color that will last through shabbos? I'm willing to pay top dollar if need be.

My old hair dresser had cosmetic tattoos and she always looked so nice!

I'm seriously considering heter-shopping unless someone can recommend me some soluations!!

Your afraid to dye your eyelashes, but your not afraid to have a big guy with his mommas name tatooed to his forearm, insert a needle into your eyelids??? shock shock

waterbottle

Post Wed, Jul 22 2009, 7:42 pm
So if the permanent makeup isn't permanent how is it okay for the mivkah?
Page 3 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Judaism -> Halachic Questions and Discussions