Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Questions for (wo)men that know the meaning
Previous  1  2  3

salt

Post Tue, Nov 24 2020, 2:06 am
Just say your own prayer.

Raisin

Post Tue, Nov 24 2020, 4:00 am
Hashem understands all languages. I also find it puzzling that there is not a specific tefila for a girl since it is a mitzva to have both boys and girls.

amother
Chartreuse

Post Tue, Dec 08 2020, 9:47 pm
Hi everyone, I am really not knowledgeable about these thing, I can ask my husband, but I think we need to be really careful here when we say Chazal.
Our yiddishkeit is based on Torah S'Baal Peh, passed from Moshe Rabeinu down to our Chachamim who wrote it down due to the generations being weakened. This applies for all generations forever, as it was directly from Hashem to Moshe and then to Yehoshua, Zekeinim etc. until the Chachamim wrote it down.
This is how we explain the Torah and without it, people are considered Tzedukim, going by written Torah only.
There is a certain point in time in our history that the Talmud was sealed. This means that the Gemara was committed to writing by Chachamim and was thus transmitted.
Referring to more contemporary Tzadikim who perhaps wrote a Tefila appropriate for their generation which you may say if it's a Tefila that talks to your heart shouldn't be put in the category of "Chazal wrote this..." as it sounds like it's equating this with the Oral Torah, G-d forbid which WAS written by Chazal....
if anyone knows more please post!

number

Post Tue, Dec 08 2020, 10:02 pm
amother [ Babyblue ] wrote:
avunculate - that's a new vocabulary word I will never need.

Perhaps they were from the Catskills and got married in Rhode Island? Those of us who went to law school a few years ago remember a case.
uhh maybe they just didn’t get married legally.

amother
Mustard

Post Wed, Dec 09 2020, 12:07 am
This I might explain in a little.https://www.sie.org/templates/sie/article_cdo/aid/2421031/jewish/Maamar-HaChodesh-HaZeh-Lachem.htm.
I heard in a shiur once in 770 that one should ask for a male because it somehow is connected with moshiach coming and one could ask no matter how advanced the pregnancy. I was expecting then - it didn't work - I had a girl, b"H.

zaq

Post Wed, Dec 09 2020, 10:26 am
Frumme wrote:
Can I ask what country the couple was from, where avunculate marriage was legal?

This is not unknown among Charedim. I hope they do genetic testing first.

amother
Lilac

Post Wed, Dec 09 2020, 11:53 am
Frumme wrote:
Can I ask what country the couple was from, where avunculate marriage was legal?

I believe it's legal in Israel.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics