Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Could you write a book about your life?
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

amother
Vermilion

Post Mon, Dec 07 2020, 5:35 pm
Sometimes I feel that my life is like a really bad serial. The kind where every week something even more dramatic and unbelievable happens. The kind where you roll your eyes and think "who can possibly make this stuff up?"

But it would be a really depressing book, nothing anybody wants to read about.

amother
Blue

Post Mon, Dec 07 2020, 5:41 pm
amother [ Azure ] wrote:
I'm Autistic and I think my personality is a very unique one. I've been through a lot in my life and there were so many times I wanted to kill myself. I think my struggles would really be relatable to others.

I don't think my life is exotic or sensational. Simply lots of things things I've been through have also been unique. I don't really know people who went through what I did. Especially all the feelings and struggle of growing up as autistic but being in a regular school and learning and this challenge of being normal like everyone else.

I don't think many people have felt like killing themselves because they just want to feel normal. Cuz they just want to get it right. And every step of the way as a teen I kept getting it wrong. People were hurt or offended and I felt like if I'm just hurting people I'm a burden onto the world and society and so is anyone with a disability or special needs.

That's a little bit of my complex feelings and challenges.

My daughter recently read this book for class. Lool me in the eye by John Elder Robinson

amother
cornflower

Post Mon, Dec 07 2020, 5:45 pm
I can write a book about my childhood, teenage years until I got married........bh things have settled down.

saralem

Post Mon, Dec 07 2020, 6:14 pm
For sure. I always think about it. I’ve had an interesting life and I’m a decent writer. Alas, I haven’t the discipline needed though.

amother
Azure

Post Mon, Dec 07 2020, 11:02 pm
amother [ Blue ] wrote:
My daughter recently read this book for class. Lool me in the eye by John Elder Robinson

I have to look this up now. Interesting.

Sunny Days

Post Mon, Dec 07 2020, 11:16 pm
who’s really interested? And I’m starting to forget things...

Last edited by Sunny Days on Thu, May 06 2021, 4:27 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Azure

Post Tue, Dec 08 2020, 1:10 am
amother [ Blue ] wrote:

Seems like a very different experience from mine. Women are very different when it comes to Autism and understand relationships a lot more. Its a different struggle completely. Especially when it comes with being frum and shidduchim

Chickensoupprof

Post Tue, Dec 08 2020, 1:13 am
oh yeah I def could

shabbatiscoming

Post Tue, Dec 08 2020, 2:55 am
I have started a few times. But never get far as I would never use my real name or those in my family. And it might hurt some people to see themselves in a book. But I definitely have what to write.

FranticFrummie

Post Tue, Dec 08 2020, 3:27 am
delete

Last edited by FranticFrummie on Tue, Dec 08 2020, 3:44 am; edited 1 time in total

FranticFrummie

Post Tue, Dec 08 2020, 3:42 am
trixx wrote:
I want to read FF's autobiography!!

In a thread about secrets, I wrote a post anon, because it was very sensitive. I was called a troll, told I was making things up, it couldn't possibly happen, and someone even straight out called me a liar. That hurt SO bad, that there's still a lot I keep inside. I'm definitely more cautious now.

There are things in my life that have given me PTSD. I have nightmares, I have panic attacks, I get triggered and have to calm myself down. If I had to write it all out, edit it, rewrite it, double check it - I think that all that remembering would not be good for my mental health.

I've fought way to hard to get to where I am now. If that means burying a memory or two instead of "dealing with it", then I'm perfectly fine with that. The stress of bringing all that back up could make my health issues flare as well, and I just can't afford to risk a setback if I can at all afford it. It's just not worth it.

happyone

Post Tue, Dec 08 2020, 4:01 am
Dont you think everyone can?

amother
Khaki

Post Tue, Dec 08 2020, 4:04 am
I have a dream to write about my long marriage to an abusive husband, the years long divorce process, receiving the Get and BH the happy ending.

No one would guess (except my dc) it's me so privacy is not an issue. According to all, I was abusive to xh, crazy mother to my kids, alienated the kids, I caused the divorce to be high conflict, and once divorced I'm endlessly sad and depressed...

amother
OP

Post Tue, Dec 08 2020, 5:22 am
happyone wrote:
Dont you think everyone can?

So that was the debate. I don't think I can, and I don't think I'm unique in that way. Maybe a Lifelines story or 2, but otherwise as interesting as I think my life has been, I don't think it would strike others as particularly remarkable. I couldn't imagine I'm the only one, so I came here to ask.

Chana Miriam S

Post Tue, Dec 08 2020, 6:39 am
I have must of my book written, just from the last few years with the whole weight loss thing. I’ve been asked a LOT to write one. Maybe after school this year.

dankbar

Post Tue, Dec 08 2020, 8:28 am
My story is still happening. Had/have a lot of hair raising stuff in my life that would read as fiction. People would probably not believe all my stories. I've been called drama queen on this site already. Irl I try to put up a huge smile & mask everything. B'h we had many kisses from Above as well. We try to see the light from Hashem, to get thru.

dankbar

Post Tue, Dec 08 2020, 8:33 am
Never trust all the happy masks you see roaming in the world. You never know their stories.

Mine would put you on a rollercoaster.

amother
Purple

Post Tue, Dec 08 2020, 8:37 am
I could and already want to at the age of 25. I think there's a lot people can learn from it. The issue is that I would not want to hurt my family.

amother
Pumpkin

Post Tue, Dec 08 2020, 8:42 am
I could write a book about parts of my life. I sort of did self publish one as a teen.
But my life wouldn't make a very interesting novel, particularly probably. Short stories (as others have said) are a better idea.

yksraya

Post Tue, Dec 08 2020, 10:30 am
thunderstorm wrote:
I can write a full series!

Me too!
Page 4 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics