Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Americans, What will you be doing with the stimulus money?
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

amother
Brown

Post Sun, Jan 03 2021, 6:16 am
A lot of my friends are putting it in savings.
10 months of a pandemic has depleted many peoples savings, so it's time for a refill.

amother
Aqua

Post Sun, Jan 03 2021, 6:17 am
amother [ Brown ] wrote:
A lot of my friends are putting it in savings.
10 months of a pandemic has depleted many peoples savings, so it's time for a refill.

Definitely.

notshanarishona

Post Sun, Jan 03 2021, 6:19 am
Anyone who needs a place to give it to is more than welcome to Pm me 🤣.
It’s been spent before it’s received/ going to pay this month’s bills.

HakarasHatov

Post Sun, Jan 03 2021, 6:19 am
amother [ White ] wrote:
This threads is poison. It can create jealousy. I'm thinking that that stimulus check was meant to help out those struggling financially due to the pendamic, and I see people who are well off just putting it into savings.
Stop it right here.
There is an income cap for the stimulus based on taxes, isnt it true that they intended that families under this bracket are those who were meant to get it and those who were not meant to receive it, will not receive it.

amother
Blonde

Post Sun, Jan 03 2021, 6:23 am
we used it to finish off paying a credit card that we have been working on paying off. we are trying so hard to be debt free and its not easy

amother
Cobalt

Post Sun, Jan 03 2021, 6:24 am
amother [ White ] wrote:
This threads is poison. It can create jealousy. I'm thinking that that stimulus check was meant to help out those struggling financially due to the pendamic, and I see people who are well off just putting it into savings.
Stop it right here.

What? Because I’m no in debt I’m wealthy? Far from it. Your response is what’s poison. Paying my children’s tuition hardly makes me well off. And saving the money makes good sense for a lot of people. If you need yours to pay off credit card bills or to pay rent or utility bills then use it for that but don’t criticize the ways we are using it

PeanutMama

Post Sun, Jan 03 2021, 6:26 am
It went to the rent.

Last edited by PeanutMama on Sun, Jan 03 2021, 6:26 am; edited 1 time in total

amother
Plum

Post Sun, Jan 03 2021, 6:26 am
Without the first stimulus we would not have been able to make it financially through the lockdown.

Will buy my son a mattress so he can move from crib (which he's long outgrown) to a bed. BH we have an old trundle he can use as the frame.

amother
Vermilion

Post Sun, Jan 03 2021, 6:36 am
We just added another bathroom to our home so its going towards accessories for that.

amother
Magenta

Post Sun, Jan 03 2021, 6:37 am
Another vote for using it to pay bills. So grateful!

chanchy123

Post Sun, Jan 03 2021, 6:39 am
amother [ White ] wrote:
Stop it right here.

What do you expect people to do with the money if they don’t need it in the short term? It’s not like they’re putting the money in the trash.

amother
Indigo

Post Sun, Jan 03 2021, 6:45 am
HakarasHatov wrote:
There is an income cap for the stimulus based on taxes, isnt it true that they intended that families under this bracket are those who were meant to get it and those who were not meant to receive it, will not receive it.

I am one of those who will not be getting it. Just because the govt decided that a certain income bracket doesn’t need it. Doesn’t mean that I have less expenses etc than others and couldn’t use the extra $$. Happy for those that got. BH at the point we don’t need it, but it would have been helpful during the first go around

amother
Mint

Post Sun, Jan 03 2021, 6:46 am
We needed to dip into savings the past few months, so we will use it to replenish part of that

amother
Violet

Post Sun, Jan 03 2021, 6:47 am
amother [ White ] wrote:
Stop it right here.

If you want to be literal about it - a 'stimulus check' is meant to give people money to inject it into their local economy. IE stimulate the economy.

but nobody is forced to do so.

amother
Babyblue

Post Sun, Jan 03 2021, 6:48 am
We won’t be getting one. Wish we could. We’re not doing good at all.

amother
Aqua

Post Sun, Jan 03 2021, 6:49 am
chanchy123 wrote:
What do you expect people to do with the money if they don’t need it in the short term? It’s not like they’re putting the money in the trash.

I need it short term but we can manage without it if we try hard enough. Saving penny by penny is very hard and takes a long time, so the stimulus money will go much further if we put it in savings.

amother
Aqua

Post Sun, Jan 03 2021, 6:49 am
amother [ Indigo ] wrote:
I am one of those who will not be getting it. Just because the govt decided that a certain income bracket doesn’t need it. Doesn’t mean that I have less expenses etc than others and couldn’t use the extra $$. Happy for those that got. BH at the point we don’t need it, but it would have been helpful during the first go around

amother [ Babyblue ] wrote:
We won’t be getting one. Wish we could. We’re not doing good at all.

I gave both of you genuine hugs.

amother
Brunette

Post Sun, Jan 03 2021, 6:50 am
It will pay for necessary work on the exterior of my house.
Not wealthy.
Rain comes into kids' bedrooms everytime it rains.
No overnight camp for my daughter.

amother
Bisque

Post Sun, Jan 03 2021, 6:56 am
Buying a vitamix, DH wants an electric bike to do Hatzolah calls on. The rest will be probably given some to Tzedakah and the rest saving up for a vacation when the world is normal again.

We got married right before Corona and never really had a vacation together. I want to go abroad somewhere after Corona.

amother
Peach

Post Sun, Jan 03 2021, 7:17 am
[quote="amother [ Bisque ]"]Buying a vitamix, DH wants an electric bike to do Hatzolah calls on. The rest will be probably given some to Tzedakah and the rest saving up for a vacation when the world is normal again.

We got married right before Corona and never really had a vacation together. I want to go abroad somewhere after Corona.[/quote

It's only 600 per person you know...
Page 2 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Recent Topics