Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
How much of a seminary tuition discount did you get?
Previous  1  2

amother
Scarlet

Post Mon, Mar 08 2021, 5:14 pm
amother [ Coral ] wrote:
That is absolutely not true. Asking for a scholarship is part of the application. It is included right in there with the rest of the information they ask for. Most other seminaries don't ask about this before accepting.

All my daughters so far went to bjj. I know what I’m talking about.
Rebetzin David has zero to do with the money. It’s the board. She accepts a girl on merit and a persons financial ability has zero to do with it. My daughters have gone and very wealthy girls have not been accepted. She doesn’t care about the money.
We have always paid very minimal for my girls b”h

amother
Coral

Post Mon, Mar 08 2021, 5:19 pm
amother [ Scarlet ] wrote:
All my daughters so far went to bjj. I know what I’m talking about.
Rebetzin David has zero to do with the money. It’s the board. She accepts a girl on merit and a persons financial ability has zero to do with it. My daughters have gone and very wealthy girls have not been accepted. She doesn’t care about the money.
We have always paid very minimal for my girls b”h

She might very well not have anything to do with the money or any knowledge of it but don't deny that financial scholarships are part of the seminary application. That info is included up front.

amother
Scarlet

Post Mon, Mar 08 2021, 5:56 pm
amother [ Coral ] wrote:
She might very well not have anything to do with the money or any knowledge of it but don't deny that financial scholarships are part of the seminary application. That info is included up front.

Of course it is but it has nothing to do with getting accepted. Someone mentioned why take a scholarship girl when you can take a full payer. I was pointing out that BJJ is so straight in that way.
We always fill out the form when we apply. My daughters are accepted with a price tag in the mid teens when they can just as easily take a non chinuch family who pays full price.
Rebetzin David does not deal with finances at all. I know we’ve been working with them for years.

amother
Cobalt

Post Mon, Mar 08 2021, 7:12 pm
amother [ Scarlet ] wrote:
Of course it is but it has nothing to do with getting accepted. Someone mentioned why take a scholarship girl when you can take a full payer. I was pointing out that BJJ is so straight in that way.
We always fill out the form when we apply. My daughters are accepted with a price tag in the mid teens when they can just as easily take a non chinuch family who pays full price.
Rebetzin David does not deal with finances at all. I know we’ve been working with them for years.

Not across the board. I know of some in chinuch/ kollel who were recently offered less than half the scholarship you mentioned and they wouldn’t budge. Not poor families but not families that can afford 20k either. Not sure what the exact cheshbon is. Did they offer you that level of scholarship without you having to go through hoops? Is there an way to appeal to the board beyond just calling the person who picks up the phone in the American office? I know the figure one family was told is a very heavy lift for them but they were told that that was the final price.

amother
Scarlet

Post Mon, Mar 08 2021, 8:02 pm
Maybe this year they’re being more careful but in the past we just filled out the application and they sent us the tuition of 15-16000 upon acceptance. No hoops needed.that was the price on the letter.
I’m taking about more then once and over a few years. Meaning more then one daughter and recently as well.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics