Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
Remembering: LAG BAOMER HORROR IN MERON
  Previous  1  2  3 16 17  18  19  Next

momofcuties1

Post Fri, Apr 30 2021, 3:32 pm
Are there still alot missing??
Crying Crying

gonewiththewind1

Post Fri, Apr 30 2021, 3:39 pm
momofcuties1 wrote:
Crying Crying

3-4 unidentified.

Bnei Berak 10

Post Sat, May 01 2021, 1:58 pm
momofcuties1 wrote:
Crying Crying

You mean missing or unidentified?
Acc to israeli news, 13 bodies still not identified.
Update only 3 bodies not yet identified.

Last edited by Bnei Berak 10 on Sat, May 01 2021, 4:57 pm; edited 1 time in total

FranticFrummie

Post Sat, May 01 2021, 2:28 pm
I just turned on my computer, and got a panicked text from DD. She has Israel news streaming on her phone, and she said "Mama, please tell me you weren't in Meron! Please answer me! I know you love it up there, please tell me you didn't go. Crying"

She has such bad anxiety in general. She was worried to pieces all through Shabbos, because she knew she wouldn't hear back from me until now.

blessedflower

Post Sat, May 01 2021, 6:00 pm
2 bodies from Meron disaster still unidentified, no one has come to claim them. This is so sad

Elfrida

Post Sat, May 01 2021, 6:10 pm
I just got back from one of the levayas. Not easy. But maybe easier than not being able to go.

Then afterwards, outside, all the different family members who had been in different places, were on the phone trying to locate each other in the crowd. Like everyone had been trying to do in Meron. But here there was no panic, just tears.

FranticFrummie

Post Sat, May 01 2021, 6:14 pm
Additional Meron tragedy victims named
Identification of Meron disaster victims continues as more of the 45 victims' names are released.
https://www.israelnationalnews.....05332

So many teenagers, so many children, so many young fathers. Crying

blessedflower

Post Sat, May 01 2021, 6:18 pm
I heard a strong message on emunah. I'll share it as it gave me a lot of chizzuk. I hope it doesn't hurt anyone.

If Reb Shimon allowed in shamayim this to happen on his yurtzeit, in meron, it must be that it was very much l'tova this should happen. We don't understand it and we never will, but what happened is from Hashem and everything from Hashem is good. And Reb Shimon allowed it

Elfrida

Post Sat, May 01 2021, 6:25 pm
blessedflower wrote:
2 bodies from Meron disaster still unidentified, no one has come to claim them. This is so sad

It might not mean they are unidentified. Sometimes the family have identified them, but the full forensic workup to certify the identification beyond any possible doubt has not been completed. Or it could be that they are identified, but the family is waiting to notify relatives in chutz l'aretz before allowing the name to be released, so they are still officially listed as unidentified.

Or they could be some single person with no family or Oleh Chadash, and they really haven't managed to identify them yet. But they will.

Elfrida

Post Sat, May 01 2021, 6:34 pm
They have all been identified.

https://m.jpost.com/israel-new.....66833

PurpleandGold

Post Sat, May 01 2021, 9:13 pm
blessedflower wrote:
I heard a strong message on emunah. I'll share it as it gave me a lot of chizzuk. I hope it doesn't hurt anyone.

If Reb Shimon allowed in shamayim this to happen on his yurtzeit, in meron, it must be that it was very much l'tova this should happen. We don't understand it and we never will, but what happened is from Hashem and everything from Hashem is good. And Reb Shimon allowed it

Thank you, it is comforting. I thought about it over Shabbos, that most of the niftarim were so young, pure and without accumulated sin. Pure kedoshim, karbanos. It is up to us to realize their deaths likely provided a huge tikun for our people, and do teshuva so the deaths are not in vain.

ra_mom

Post Sat, May 01 2021, 9:16 pm
Elfrida wrote:
They have all been identified.

https://m.jpost.com/israel-new.....66833

Baruch Dayon HaEmes

gonewiththewind1

Post Sat, May 01 2021, 9:18 pm

Amelia Bedelia

Post Sat, May 01 2021, 11:42 pm
Did anyone find it eerie that the Ami had a write up in "Tale End" about a tragedy in Meron in 1911 and that the Mishpacha had a feature about not sharing bad news via WhatsApp before the family is notified (exactly what was being said on Thursday right after the tragedy)?

ez-pass

Post Sat, May 01 2021, 11:44 pm
Amelia Bedelia wrote:
Did anyone find it eerie that the Ami had a write up in "Tale End" about a tragedy in Meron in 1911 and that the Mishpacha had a feature about not sharing bad news via WhatsApp before the family is notified (exactly what was being said on Thursday right after the tragedy)?

I did.

smile18

Post Sat, May 01 2021, 11:47 pm
Amelia Bedelia wrote:

Was kind of freaky to read

Ima Piano

Post Sat, May 01 2021, 11:48 pm
We had a 24 hour break from checking phones and hearing more news. I'm feeling so caught in my emotions now all I want to do is write out my feelings and be sad 😥

PurpleandGold

Post Sat, May 01 2021, 11:53 pm
Amelia Bedelia wrote:

We absolutely did.

momofboys

Post Sun, May 02 2021, 12:03 am
The yiddisha paper De yiddish Lichtalso had a article this week about the tragedy that happened in miron

Coffee Addict

Post Sun, May 02 2021, 12:07 am
Amelia Bedelia wrote:

Yes! I was like what???

I can’t stop obsessing over this tragedy Sad
Page 17 of 19   Previous  1  2  3 16 17  18  19  Next Recent Topics