Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers
Is this a realistic expectation?
Previous  1  2

Tefila

Post Mon, Oct 10 2005, 2:07 am
Binah I agree w/h you conc nosh being there only or main source of food but all I'm saying is if you go overboard and rereading sounds u'r not then one can raise a nosh addict later.
My daughter also 3 yrs I always serve salad plus main dish I.e. chicken, fish etc and one starch for supper and she's an incredibly picky eater. But even if I serve her the plate I never force her to eat it all. Wonders of wonders she almost always gulps down her salad and veggies Scratching Head first whereas w/h my oldest I used to try that tactic and he detested vegtables or even a look alike and is an incredible nosher though one wouldn't know What . So sometimes we can educate by giving subtle messages rather then you can't have this or can. Kashrus there is no question Exclamation but nosh I say it depends imo Wink

lovinglife

Post Mon, Oct 10 2005, 10:46 pm
Binah, I say way to go. You are not expecting too much or doing it wrong. Nosh after you eat is realistic. I do the same.
My only issue is when I'm at my mil... She thinks that kids have to know that Bubby is all about sweet things and now they now they can keep asking. I try to stop it but am usually not successful... For me it's a question of Sholom Bayis...
I tried once to suggest she make it a prize for helping or giving her nachas like reading Aleph-Bais, but that didn't get me anywhere. Any suggestions for me? Confused

happymom

Post Mon, Oct 10 2005, 10:52 pm
bina Y... maybe ure daughter can take the treats people give her and save them for after her meal??

Rivk

Post Mon, Oct 10 2005, 10:58 pm
I also usually only allow treats after meals, but I make an exception when we are at "Bubby's house". I don't know how often you are there, but if it's relatively infrequently I say let it slide. Let them enjoy indulging the grandkids!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers