Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers
Anyone have any ideas of what I can sell from home
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

shayna82

Post Mon, Oct 10 2005, 11:15 pm
yeah miriam.. the only thing I can come up with is to do a candy business.. like make packaged candy baskets and round plastic dividers full of chocolate for gifts.. whatdya think.. I dont think babysitting is for me, tutoring I might be interstsed in.

lucky

Post Tue, Oct 11 2005, 12:15 am
Shayna, if you want to try candy baskets, I have all the supplies, ctalogs, etc. I tried it last year but where I live, it did not work out.

carrot

Post Tue, Oct 11 2005, 12:50 am
shayna82 wrote:

and to the last post.. whose gonna buy from me towels, when you can go and get them at target... thats my problem, it has to be somethign that people cant get easily somehwere.. but thanks for thinking!!!

the reason I said that is because I know someone who has a linen store. the towels are just a side thing. I think the reason that a linen store is a good idea is because frum people often do have different linen needs (for example dif. size beds, also dif. quantity of beds, also certain styles, washable, etc.)

actually now that I think about it I know two people who have linen stores in their house - in two different cities!

chavamom

Post Tue, Oct 11 2005, 1:07 am
Have you thought about an internet biz instead of trying to get people to your house? That would open up other possibilities and a wider market.

BlumaG

Post Tue, Oct 11 2005, 6:37 am
I know s/one who sold perfume

Rochel Leah

Post Tue, Oct 11 2005, 11:01 am
I don't know how creative you are, but you could try personalized yarmulkas, and tzitis for little boys. a women does it here and they are beautiful.

Post Tue, Oct 11 2005, 12:45 pm
how about paper goods- like the fancy ones that can be used for shabbos/y"t.

motheroftwo

Post Tue, Oct 11 2005, 11:21 pm
home-made challah??

me

Post Sat, Oct 15 2005, 9:21 pm
In regular stores, they don't really sell bedding that have duvet covers. In NY you can get that, and I don't know how expensive it is, but you can try. Also, cute gifts are always nice. Little chachkes or a prize store. Gift wrapping stuff, robes and tznius pjs. Good luck!

chavamom

Post Sat, Oct 15 2005, 9:22 pm
Kosher candy? There is a market for that here.

shayna82

Post Sat, Oct 15 2005, 11:28 pm
here meaning where u are from, or where im from ?

hardwrknmom

Post Sun, Oct 16 2005, 12:03 am
How's about GIRLS JEWELERY! Gold, Costume, Antique-y..

I'm not sure how you would go abou that..

There's always a "want" for that, and even if someone else sells it- competition is healthy.

Hatzlacha!

shayna82

Post Sun, Oct 16 2005, 12:15 am
so if compet. is healthy, then I can go ahead and sell makeup eventhoug someoen else is doing it here? I dont know, it seems mean.. I live in a small town?!

Im thinking about starting to sell peoples stuff for them on ebay and make a nice percentage..

we will see if I get any takers

MMEC123

Post Sun, Oct 16 2005, 12:26 am
StayHomeMom wrote:
stem wrote:
Make and sell sushi!

always problem with hechsherim

Also depending where you live, if the department of health...or maybe it's agriculture. Anyway, one of the two. If they find out, they could shut you down for not being licensed. I know a few people who this happened to because angry neighbors or customers called to report them!

stem

Post Sun, Oct 16 2005, 12:37 am
Wow, I never thought of the department of agriculture coming after me! shock

I only sell to a few close friends, so hopefully no one will report me...

chavamom

Post Sun, Oct 16 2005, 1:15 am
shayna82 wrote:
here meaning where u are from, or where im from ?

Sorry, I meant where I'm from. In the market, candy is sold in these little bags, is stale and is very expensive! A woman opened a store that sold all kinds of kosher candy (fresh and cheaper bought in bulk) and did a nice business.

queen

Post Sun, Oct 16 2005, 2:22 am
someone already mentioned baking challah....

however in my city- a woman sells challah dough shaped, and ready to be baked in your own oven-------- giving the wife the perk of home baked challah (and challah aroma, friday afternoon) without the hassle.

OR

cooking/preparing meals for people on specific diets.
where they basically ONLY eat what you've prepared for them.

I know these are both food issue which could be a problem due to hashgacha, unless not done commercially but among your circle of friends and aquaintances. (who will then spread the word even more)

Are you a creative person???????
Take a course on preparing fruit platters...... and make them upon orders. (this can be a little tricky as fruits due depend slightly on seasons)

good luck, let us know what happens!

y2kmommy

Post Sun, Nov 13 2005, 4:29 pm
How about toys?? I sell Discovery Toys (you can look it up on the web - and find out how to become a member). You end up getting great, non-commercial educational toys for you own kids and those around you - Bubbies/preschools/nurseries/Mommies!! You make your own schedule and work from home or get out of it doing parties/personal appointments - whatever you want!!

shayna82

Post Sun, Nov 13 2005, 4:41 pm
I just went to the site:

I have some questions for you.. such as why would people buy from you and not just go to the local walmart or target

Tefila

Post Sun, Nov 13 2005, 5:24 pm
B/c why shop if someone will deliver plus you get hands on knowledge as whats educational and great for kids as opposed to scrounging around and looking for the best toy in the stores not to mention babysitter parking and all Tongue Out
Page 2 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics