Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Organizing
Do you clean up every night? Ty
Previous  1  2

Do you clean up your house and kitchen every single night?
Yes  
 40%  [ 84 ]
No  
 59%  [ 122 ]
Total Votes : 206

amother
Seagreen

Post Mon, Aug 16 2021, 6:44 pm
Didn’t vote. It’s gets clean but not by me.
I got live in help after my 3rd child cuz I work nights and wasnt managing the housework. When she’s out I push myself knowing it’s temporary

amother
Daphne

Post Mon, Aug 16 2021, 7:28 pm
Obviously put supper away and tidy a drop. I get super tired at night and have way more energy in the morning in so I typically do it then.
Anyone else have this?

amother
Grape

Post Mon, Aug 16 2021, 8:07 pm
I generally clean e.t up because I go nuts when my house isn't a mess lol but maybe that isn't a good thing because sometimes you do have to know where to prioritize your energy at the moment.

amother
Grape

Post Mon, Aug 16 2021, 8:08 pm
Is a mess...sorry

emzod42

Post Mon, Aug 16 2021, 8:11 pm
ahh this thread is a good reminder for me to go clean up! Must get off imamother and wash those dishes!

rainbow dash

Post Mon, Aug 16 2021, 8:15 pm
Most nights I will clean up kitchen bh I have 2 dishwashers so only have to really was parve dishes. I like to spray down the counter tops, table and chairs so its clean for tomorrow and I will sweep the floor everyday. The lounge I like to have organized by fixing the cushions and coffee table and I try to keep the dining room table organized. The entrance is a drop all room so I try my hardest to keep it clean.

amother
Clover

Post Mon, Aug 16 2021, 8:45 pm
I fall into the almost never category. I basically clean up night before my cleaning help comes(currently only have one sink so I do the dishes so we don't have kashrus questions) and before shabbos. Don't want to derail this thread but if any of you have suggestions on how to get these things to start happening, I would appreciate it. I have ADD so it's really hard to get motivated and start, as well as to stay with it...

nchr

Post Mon, Aug 16 2021, 8:47 pm
Yes because anything I leave over just becomes harder to deal with and more overwhelming. Unless it's something I know my cleaner can take care of if she is coming the next day.

Rachel Shira

Post Mon, Aug 16 2021, 9:08 pm
As a general rule, yes I do clean up every night. Clean up after dinner, sweep the floor, straighten up the living areas and toys, put laundry in the hamper, etc. Every so often, especially when I’m pregnant, I’ll deal with dirt at night and leave the toys and clothes for the morning. The dishes usually only get done by my cleaning lady twice a week plus Fridays, but we use paper plates and cutlery so they’re not full sinks.

honeymoon

Post Mon, Aug 16 2021, 9:19 pm
If I have energy I will do a thorough cleaning of my kitchen, hallway and bathrooms. On most nights though, I am bombed when the kids are all finally sleeping so I do a very basic cleanup like putting away food, washing the table and counters and sweeping. Toys usually get sorted and put away only when the cleaning lady comes. My kids wake up super early so by the time I get out of bed it often looks like I haven't cleaned in days.....

stillnewlywed

Post Mon, Aug 16 2021, 10:19 pm
Yes and yes

Toy clean up before bedtime
Kitchen clean up, laundry folding after bedtime

Ema of 5

Post Mon, Aug 16 2021, 10:23 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Mothers of children 8 and under:
Do you clean up the toys/arts n crafts/ kids messes every single night?
Do you wash all the dishes or load the dishwasher and leave the kitchen sparkling every single bingle night?

I really do try to, but there are nights when I fall asleep putting the kids to sleep.

amother
Bisque

Post Mon, Aug 16 2021, 11:33 pm
I just do the basics in the kitchen. Put food away, throw out garbage, clean off kitchen table and counters… kitchen don’t wash the floor and often I don’t wash dishes either but I do leave them soaking. The rest of the house which is on the big side would take too long to clean every night. I do straighten up the entrance hall so when we open the front door there is no clutter visible. I probably would have an easier time before shabbos if I would clean up every room each night but it really takes too long and I don’t have strength. Occasionally I’ll go through the house to clean up when the kids are in school. I think the real problem in my house is the clutter. It’s hard to clean up when all around is clutter. What I mean is that if I’m cleaning up the playroom, it’s hard to put things away when the closet is very cluttered. Same with kitchen counters.

amother
Navyblue

Post Tue, Aug 17 2021, 12:20 am
I wash all the dishes every night, I’m proud of myself for that. I wish I organized everything every night but by the time the kids are asleep I’m too tired out and not in the mood of doing it.
I’m trying to start the FlyLady cleaning routine that’s what got me to do the dishes every night but I didn’t get much further lol

amother
Aster

Post Tue, Aug 17 2021, 12:31 am
amother [ Clover ] wrote:
I fall into the almost never category. I basically clean up night before my cleaning help comes(currently only have one sink so I do the dishes so we don't have kashrus questions) and before shabbos. Don't want to derail this thread but if any of you have suggestions on how to get these things to start happening, I would appreciate it. I have ADD so it's really hard to get motivated and start, as well as to stay with it...

Hi twin. Hope you don't hate this part of yourself as much I hate it in myself...

preciousmommy

Post Tue, Aug 17 2021, 12:33 am
Every night is different. Some nights I really get everything clean, and some nights it’s the bare minimum (food in the fridge, garbage tossed, dishes slightly rinsed in the sink).

preciousmommy

Post Tue, Aug 17 2021, 12:34 am
nicole81 wrote:
6 out of 7 nights I make sure the kids clean up everything, even if I do it with them, I sweep, and run my robot mop.

For the kitchen I throw everything in the dishwashers clear the counters and sweep most nights. But we usually have a couple of dairy dishes in our dish bin because we're exhausted and also have teens who regularly make odd concoctions through 3am and don't clean up until I address it in the morning Banging head

Please tell me about your robot mop! Is it good? Which one do you have?

This is something I would love to get, if it will really do a good cleaning.

nicole81

Post Wed, Aug 18 2021, 1:10 am
preciousmommy wrote:
Please tell me about your robot mop! Is it good? Which one do you have?

This is something I would love to get, if it will really do a good cleaning.

The irobot m6. I wouldn't say it does a good job in high traffic rooms, but it's way better than not mopping which is what would happen. And the fact that I have to clear the floor before it runs is a great motivator.

amother
Strawberry

Post Wed, Aug 18 2021, 1:23 am
amother [ Aster ] wrote:
Hi twin. Hope you don't hate this part of yourself as much I hate it in myself...

Triplet here, hi!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics